CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Garnetnblack99
2000grad
kingoftheroost
CockyLifer
b381l
CoverTwo
ZenUSC
Regalcock
Cockhornleghorn
2014 Junkanoo Jam ** (2591)
Morris to SMU (2565)
BIG PROBLEM! JUST RE (1390)
Carolina on a Walmar (832)
Game simulation (629)
Clemson fans (444)
Penniless: Creed's S (386)
Strategy First Steam (288)
Origin Sale Too (190)
Have we been favored (168)
Morris to SMU
Clemson fans
End of the aTm / LSU game
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
Have we been favored in e
Name a Gamecock
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
4 tix together for USC/Cl
Constant Updates on Watso
2017 - Savales Cann

Old 12-06-2012, 06:40 PM   #21
GoldenSpur7
Praemonitus praemunitus

Male

CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Remember Kenny Miles?

Wish Kenny the best - that had to be a tough decision coming back this year, knowing he was going to be a backup. When his name was called, he played well.
GoldenSpur7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:34 PM   #22
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

I'm glad that Kenny stayed at Carolina. It's players like Jarvis Giles who transferred for greener pastures and we all know how that ended up for him. I'd hate to see if that would have happened to Kenny.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:48 PM   #23
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Kenny was a special player for us...a hard worker who finished here.\
Maybe do a spring game award or something for an upperclassman who may not play much, but works hard in the same way Kenny did for us.

Of course, I think he has something special for us in the Outback Bowl.
Would love to see a Ryan Brewer performance from Kenny in the Outback like when he dismantled Ohio State. Of course, Brewer had a chip on his shoulder that day to show OSU what they missed out on. One of the best bowl performances by a Gamecock in a bowl game ever. Just running over OSU defenders, carrying them on his back and flipping them over his shoulder body slam style after one of his TD's. Video of that would be sweet to see. Kenny will go all out for this game, I'm expecting.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:49 PM   #24
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

My Dad loves Kenny. His fav on the team the last 4 seasons.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:07 PM   #25
CockyATO
Flipping Recruits

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
CockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talons

You mean the young running back donning#31? Yes I remember him, seems like yesterday...

Another N00k production
CockyATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #26
Lant
P90X-Man

Male

CockyCash: 30300
Lant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Lant Send a message via Yahoo to Lant

I'll just go with what Spurrier said "Kenny is a very special Gamecock".
Old 12-06-2012, 10:18 PM   #27
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

CockyCash: 500
gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

I like the idea.
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:50 PM   #28
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

JoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spurs

I don't remember who asked it, but Kenny Miles has played special teams all year and in several games, he forced fair catches.
JoeMorrisonLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:54 PM   #29
jellafever
BETTER THAN the rest

Male

CockyCash: 1035714
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

Remember him? I haven't forgotten him? How can I have some more, I haven't had any yet?

YOU'RE KILLING ME SMALLS!
Old 12-06-2012, 10:58 PM   #30
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 1503867758
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Kenny Miles has given us 5 years of his life, and I truly appreciate the fact that he saw it through......... much adversity, and many times it would have been MUCH easier just to walk away.......... but Kenny Miles never did!

Glad to see he was rewarded with another 10-11 win season........ where he made significant difference........ not sure we would have beaten Clempsux without him!

Will be rooting on him to have a big Outback Bowl!
Old 12-06-2012, 11:28 PM   #31
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 0
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
I believe a lot of people think of Kenny as a "Good Player" for the Gamecocks
during his career and thank him for what he's done, but I'm of the opinon
that a lot of fans don't really understand Kenny's importance to what this
team has done the last 3-4 years. I will go on record here and say if we
don't have Kenny Miles on this team we are not a back to back 10 win
team (possible back to back 11 win team).... Without Kenny Miles we
are not riding a four game win streak over Clemson, and Without Kenny
Miles we would have seen season ending collapses in 2011 and 2012
similar to that of the 2007 season. Without Kenny we lose to Nebraska
in the Cap 1 bowl last year. Not only for the obvious outstanding job he
did when Marcus went down in 2011 and again this year, but his ability
to pick up the blitzs and stunts. We did not have another back that was
capable of that when Marcus went down. It was also for his leadership
and his attitude with the underclassmen that made him so special.

We all praise heavily the accomplishments of Connor, Jadeveon, DJ, Alshon,
DeVonte, Stephon, Marcus etc..... but IMO, Kenny Miles was the single
most important player in this teams recent success and accomplishments.

Take Kenny out of the Mix and we are not a Top 10 Program the past
two years, and we don't have bragging rights in the State again. Kenny
was a true team player and will be considered in my mind as one of the
best that ever put on a Gamecock uniform
Thanks for posting my thoughts!
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:44 PM   #32
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

He should get the "All-time Stepped Up When We Needed Him" award.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:53 PM   #33
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 180386
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material

I remember him
Old 12-07-2012, 01:48 AM   #34
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

The best thing I remember about Kenny Miles. He was always happy, always content. He was always for the team, not himself. That is what made him the man he is.
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:47 AM   #35
dffoxfanatic71
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1450
dffoxfanatic71 has earned his spursdffoxfanatic71 has earned his spursdffoxfanatic71 has earned his spursdffoxfanatic71 has earned his spursdffoxfanatic71 has earned his spursdffoxfanatic71 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterBooster View Post
No way. There have been a lot of great Gamecocks with a lot of heart that were always ready to give whatever they could. Whether it was Erik Kimrey on the fade or David Pitchko, RIP, or Kurt Frederick both always seemed 8.5 yards downfield on 3rd and 8 and never dropped a ball. The greatest backup in Gamecock History, Mike Hold. Mike Rath at Kentucky. Way too many guys to mention.
i hate erik kimerys father
Old 12-07-2012, 03:55 AM   #36
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Miles is a beast of a player. He Maddox both stepped up when they had to, and played their role to perfection.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:48 AM   #37
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

How about this...Let Kenny and along with the team captains decide who wears number 31 next year. The player that best exemplifies is team first attitude.

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:10 AM   #38
AstroCock
FEAR ME!!!!

Male

AstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot material

The Kenny Miles award. Given to the hardest working non starter.
AstroCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:14 AM   #39
AstroCock
FEAR ME!!!!

Male

AstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot material

I understand that people say "well we had a lot of guys with heart in the past" but just think.... How many of them helped lead the Gamecocks to 11 wins?
AstroCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #40
Nuke LaLoosh
UFC ON THE SIDELINE

Male

Nuke LaLoosh has earned his spursNuke LaLoosh has earned his spursNuke LaLoosh has earned his spursNuke LaLoosh has earned his spursNuke LaLoosh has earned his spursNuke LaLoosh has earned his spurs

Kenny gave us something we never had before......

A bench that had quality players who were prepared to play at any moment. He accepted his roll and went about his business with total dedication to his team. The statement "there is no I in team" applies perfectly!

Kenny Miles will be a success at whatever path in life he takes.

Nuke
Nuke LaLoosh is offline   Reply With Quote