CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
kevhugh
AtlGAMECOCK
usc90grad
cockybreeyan
18IsTheMan
spareparts
soccerguy79
Yearofthegamecock
Cockypantherfan
markp_vip
A&M vent thread (19148)
SOS is pissed (9700)
Jimmies and Joes (3472)
I think the Gamecock (2986)
So, Dylan Thompson? (2923)
Man of my word (no t (2415)
I'm not looking forw (2032)
Worst Beating since? (1769)
Just a friendly PSA (1749)
Good effort Cocks (1581)
Is anybody still optimist
Full game video - aTm
2010 Auburn/FSU beatdowns
So, Dylan Thompson?
Good Game Cocks!
Ward's D has a pattern no
Play for next year
Jimmies and Joes
Confused fan here. Why i
Which is a worse loss to

Old 12-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #1
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material
Default Favorite Places to Eat?

What's your favorite places to eat?

For me:

Fast food: Subway, Taco Bell, and Hot Wok

Buffet: Ryan's & Top China Buffet

Dine-in: Texas Roadhouse & Red Lobster
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:03 PM   #2
Captain9Dragons
Forest Grump

Male

CockyCash: 22107959
Captain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot material
Default Re: Favorite Places to Eat?

The Dutch Oven-Abbeville
Old 12-06-2012, 08:44 PM   #3
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Did you know that CT has an entire forum for eats and such? Check it out: http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:58 PM   #4
USC Paratrooper
Recruit

Male

USC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain9Dragons View Post
The Dutch Oven-Abbeville
The Dutch Oven....
Old 12-06-2012, 09:03 PM   #5
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
What's your favorite places to eat?

For me:

Fast food: Subway, Taco Bell, and Hot Wok

Buffet: Ryan's & Top China Buffet

Dine-in: Texas Roadhouse & Red Lobster
Goodness, man. You listed 3 places I refuse to eat at right off the bat as your favorite. You've never noticed that every sub at Subway tastes the same...and Taco Bell, that is just plain gross.

Fast Food: Hardees (not many around here) & Chick-Fila-A...maybe Wendys. Moes or Qdoba. For subs, it will either be Jersey Mikes, Jasons Deli, Firehouse...but I like a real deli for subs (back in SC, that would be Sub Station II!)

Dine-in: We usually support and eat local joints instead of the chain places...but if I have to choose, I'd say we have been to Outback, Bonefish, and Olive Garden in the past 2 years at least once.

What is Hot Wok and Top China? Your local Chinese joints?

ColaCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:08 PM   #6
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 107687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

I agree with Cola about Subway and Taco Bell, those are two of my least favorite.

Hardees is my favorite fast food by far.
As for dine in, there are several local places that I like, but it wouldnt do any good to post the names because only a few people would know them. Best chain dine-ins, I'd say Carolina Ale House, Red Lobster, Logan's/Outback
Old 12-06-2012, 09:10 PM   #7
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
Goodness, man. You listed 3 places I refuse to eat at right off the bat as your favorite. You've never noticed that every sub at Subway tastes the same...and Taco Bell, that is just plain gross.

Fast Food: Hardees (not many around here) & Chick-Fila-A...maybe Wendys. Moes or Qdoba. For subs, it will either be Jersey Mikes, Jasons Deli, Firehouse...but I like a real deli for subs (back in SC, that would be Sub Station II!)

Dine-in: We usually support and eat local joints instead of the chain places...but if I have to choose, I'd say we have been to Outback, Bonefish, and Olive Garden in the past 2 years at least once.

What is Hot Wok and Top China? Your local Chinese joints?
Taco Bell is awesome! There aren't many privately own restaurants where I live, mostly chains. The only time we really go to places that are not chain restaurants is when we go to Myrtle Beach; and yes Hot Hok is a Chinese take out place here in Orangeburg. Top China Buffet is a place my dad and I enjoy that's located in Columbia, off on St. Andrews Rd.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:11 PM   #8
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
Did you know that CT has an entire forum for eats and such? Check it out: http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63
Had no idea.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:13 PM   #9
Captain9Dragons
Forest Grump

Male

Captain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot material

The Cheeseburger House-Ninety Six

Hash House- Troy SC
Old 12-06-2012, 09:14 PM   #10
USC Paratrooper
Recruit

Male

USC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his comb

Chick-fil-a best fast food. Never been to a bad one or one with bad service.
Cola reminded me of my obsession of firehouse subs.
Dine in, I like a lot of local places as well. However since my gf has been working at Texas Roadhouse while in school, it has been one of my new favorite places. Maybe it's just because she comes home and gives me free steaks....either way its good.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:15 PM   #11
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20008309
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
You've never noticed that every sub at Subway tastes the same ...and Taco Bell, that is just plain gross.
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:19 PM   #12
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

Fast food: Taco bell, subway/firehouse
Buffet: I don't know
Dine in: Red Lobster*, Outback, Olive garden, mcdonalds

*Flipping expensive
Old 12-06-2012, 09:21 PM   #13
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC Paratrooper View Post
Chick-fil-a best fast food. Never been to a bad one or one with bad service.
Cola reminded me of my obsession of firehouse subs.
Dine in, I like a lot of local places as well. However since my gf has been working at Texas Roadhouse while in school, it has been one of my new favorite places. Maybe it's just because she comes home and gives me free steaks....either way its good.
I love Texas Roadhouse. I haven't been in a while since there isn't one where I live, but I was at the one in Pigeon Forge Tennessee during the Tennessee game. I was just kicking back watching the game, eating some peanuts, their damn fine chili and pork chops and getting a ton of nasty looks since I was rocking my Gamecock hat lol.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:21 PM   #14
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

It is pretty gross
Old 12-06-2012, 09:23 PM   #15
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalrush24 View Post
It is pretty gross
Beefy 5 layer burritos are simply divine.

But they give me heartburn like a b!tch.

And they give me a lot of calories that I have to burn

but still
Old 12-06-2012, 09:23 PM   #16
Captain9Dragons
Forest Grump

Male

Trio- Greenville

The Lobster Trap- Asheville

(i just noticed that i do have a hobby)
Old 12-06-2012, 09:24 PM   #17
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Taco Bell sucks big time. Its cheap, but the food is terrible
Old 12-06-2012, 09:31 PM   #18
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
Taco Bell sucks big time. Its cheap, but the food is terrible
Everyone has their opinion I suppose. It seems the older folks hate Taco Bell more than the younger crowd.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:34 PM   #19
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
Everyone has their opinion I suppose. It seems the older folks hate Taco Bell more than the younger crowd.
I'm 20
Old 12-06-2012, 09:39 PM   #20
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
I'm 20
Wow! You come off as being really old for some reason.