CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecock88
Dietz
zcoop
GregoryHouse
Yearofthegamecock
Jdallen20
4gamecockfb
roosterdude21
CockyLifer
Badazcock
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (27514)
ESPN Game Day Commen (2132)
Simple "yes&quo (1474)
Phil Steele just pre (1200)
We actually didnt lo (1133)
Eat Crow (901)
what I think ab ward (888)
Extremely Proud (773)
Garcia: Change the R (754)
TeMarcus Blanton (702)
I want people to explain
Nick Marshall
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
Extremely Proud
We would be 7-1 with just
what I think ab ward
Defense question
We actually didnt lose
Simple "yes" or
End of the first half....

Old 12-06-2012, 10:45 PM   #21
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

CockyCash: 283
BornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Manti Teo

He's 59th in the nation in tackles. And has 1.5 sacks.

What stats make him the best def player?

Media has a hard-on for ND
"I think maybe we should just sit here quietly now and not say anything, and let you just kinda contemplate on the news I just dropped on you, and let me just kinda contemplate on my own pain and sorrows right now."

Kenny Powers
BornCocky'86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:48 PM   #22
4Ever2Thee
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2940
4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
I'm already sick of "Johnny Football"
I don't have as much of a problem with him, at least he earned a spot in the headlines on the field
4Ever2Thee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:52 PM   #23
Rh Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Cocky 72 View Post
Lol don't let your hatred for Notre Dame put down a great player. Like it or not Notre Dame is the 1 ONLY undefeated team in the nation, the reason they're undefeated is because of their defense & the main reason their defense is where it's at is 2 because of Manti Teo. Come on man
1. and? whats that got to do with best defensive player award?

2. Arguably yes but doesnt that mean hes the best in the nation? Also he just won the maxwell award didnt he so hes the most outstanding player in college football????
Old 12-06-2012, 10:53 PM   #24
U-Dub Gamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Fact: If Clowney played for Notre Dame, he would be a finalist for the Heisman
U-Dub Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:05 PM   #25
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:08 PM   #26
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Lol don't let your hatred for Notre Dame put down a great player. Like it or not Notre Dame is the ONLY undefeated team in the nation, the reason they're undefeated is because of their defense & the main reason their defense is where it's at is because of Manti Teo. Come on man
Louis Nix III is more of an impact on the defense IMO. Teo 7 int are impressive but that is it. I don't hate ND in fact I do like their game it is a lot like SEC football defense and running game
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:18 PM   #27
GamecockSuperFan
Run 75% of the time

Male

CockyCash: 400
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

I think he has more INTS than any CB in the nation.. pretty good but to be honest I havent watched much of him. It seemed like The honey badger had a bigger impact but maybe I'm just biased to SEC play.

he might be 59th in tackles but he has like 101 tackles.. still alright. 1.5 sacks seems weak for a linebacker though. shaq wilson has 2 sacks & 77 tackles & has a great d-line to eat up alot of tackles. Dosent ND run a 3-4? puts the LB in better position to make tackles anyhow.

On the other hand Johnny Manziel has been fun to watch, I just hope the next few years he dosent get the annoying media attention tebow got but that might be unavoidable.

Last edited by GamecockSuperFan; 12-06-2012 at 11:28 PM.
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:29 PM   #28
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

one of the int's against michigan denard robinson threw it straight to him, with another notre dame player right behind him to pick it off if he didnt. almost every other one his picks were off deflections by his teammates in his general area or dropped/deflected passes by receivers. i bring that up because theres a perception with that stat that he's locking down every wr or te that comes in the middle of the field and that he's making all these plays on his own.
crowcutta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:30 PM   #29
GamecockSuperFan
Run 75% of the time

Male

CockyCash: 400
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
Fact: If Clowney played for Notre Dame, he would be a finalist for the Heisman
I don't doubt it. They're undefeated. I know we're 11-2 but alot of the Teo hype has come because they haven't lost & are playing bama in the NC. & not just that, he was getting media attention early in the season. To the media it seems like a "feel good story" to win the heisman you know.
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:31 PM   #30
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

It is a shame Clowney isn't in New York for the Heisman ceremony.
Clearly better than Te'o.
Sadly everyone is right...his sad story, the fact he plays for Notre Dame is the only reason he is up there.
If he played in the SEC, or any actual conference (minus the ACC) he would be just a nice linebacker.

Guy has talent, but he is nowhere near as good as Clowney or some of the guys at LSU or Florida on defense.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:36 PM   #31
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSuperFan View Post
I think he has more INTS than any CB in the nation.. pretty good but to be honest I havent watched much of him. It seemed like The honey badger had a bigger impact but maybe I'm just biased to SEC play.

he might be 59th in tackles but he has like 101 tackles.. still alright. 1.5 sacks seems weak for a linebacker though. shaq wilson has 2 sacks & 77 tackles & has a great d-line to eat up alot of tackles. Dosent ND run a 3-4? puts the LB in better position to make tackles anyhow.

On the other hand Johnny Manziel has been fun to watch, I just hope the next few years he dosent get the annoying media attention tebow got but that might be unavoidable.
3-4 gets OLB stats, like Jones at UGA who gets to blitz and make a lot of his plays in backfield rather than play pass coverage. Also ND doesn't blitz a lot, especially with the ILBs, they play bend don't break and are able to get pressure with 3-4 pass rushers. Also Teo is kept in coverage to help the weak back 7. Lastly, 3-4 hurts total tackles because 2 ILB meaning Teo shares tackles with another interior ILB. With a this, it makes his stats all that much more impressive.

Clowney is going to be a better player when all is said and done, but Teo is on undefeated team with 4 years of being a stud. Teo will be a great pro. No way Nix is a better defender. Nix gets success because teams are sending guards to block Teo and so he gets more one on one scenarios than a normal nose gets.

People need to remove hatred for ND and realize Teo is a great talent and it isn't his background story that is getting him awards. People before the season were talking about him, that's well before the tradgedy he dealt with.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:37 PM   #32
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSuperFan View Post

God let's hope it doesn't turn into that sideshow.
It probably won't since TAMU is the new guy.
If Manziel played at Bama, Florida, LSU, Auburn or Georgia, then it would be definite.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:39 PM   #33
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Manziel has the heisman in the bag

http://www.stiffarmtrophy.com/2012/1...n-165-ballots/

and fun facts who voted for clowney:
South Carolina DE Jadeveon Clowney

2nd - Earle Robinson
3rd - Anonymous Voter #4

More votes to come.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:40 PM   #34
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Stephon Tuitt is the best pro prospect on that defense.

#LukeForMod

Old 12-06-2012, 11:40 PM   #35
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Ever2Thee View Post
I don't have as much of a problem with him, at least he earned a spot in the headlines on the field
Yeah, but Teo talk is done after all this. We're going to have to hear about Johnny Football all next year again. And it's not that he doesn't deserve all the awards and the attention, but it's just been so much that media has made me sick of him and hes is only a freshman.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:41 PM   #36
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 457821129
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

If you were starting a football team on ANY level, and had the first pick between All the Heisman candidates, and all the Ted Hendricks trophy candidates...... who would you pick?

For me its not even close........ Clowney is a once in a decade player....... and will prove he is worthy of a top pick next year! Glad Clowney is with us for another year, but I almost can't wait to see him in the NFL....... then he will show out, as they won't be able to hold him and double team him as much as they do now!
Old 12-06-2012, 11:43 PM   #37
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucan'tlickourcocks View Post
If you were starting a football team on ANY level, and had the first pick between All the Heisman candidates, and all the Ted Hendricks trophy candidates...... who would you pick?

For me its not even close........ Clowney is a once in a decade player....... and will prove he is worthy of a top pick next year! Glad Clowney is with us for another year, but I almost can't wait to see him in the NFL....... then he will show out, as they won't be able to hold him and double team him as much as they do now!
At the Pro Level i'm taking a QB.

Don't know if Manziel is the one, but an elite QB in the NFL goes much further than an Elite DE

#LukeForMod

Old 12-06-2012, 11:46 PM   #38
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Lol don't let your hatred for Notre Dame put down a great player. Like it or not Notre Dame is the ONLY undefeated team in the nation, the reason they're undefeated is because of their defense & the main reason their defense is where it's at is because of Manti Teo. Come on man
They are a better team with Clowney... We would be worse with teo
Old 12-06-2012, 11:48 PM   #39
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
We would be worse with teo
I don't believe Te'o is the best, but we would not be worse with him

#LukeForMod

Old 12-06-2012, 11:49 PM   #40
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
At the Pro Level i'm taking a QB.

Don't know if Manziel is the one, but an elite QB in the NFL goes much further than an Elite DE
Actually you are true for every position except for the defensive end.. they are the great equalizer, and Clowney is a talent that has never been seen before.. You have to have a pass rush to win