CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
WeStillOwnUSC
Cockypantherfan
Regalcock
SCohioBoy
taylorssc
PageUSC
gadeneer1986
The Yancey
l^l^lBGCock
Mizzou's 30sec touch (1240)
4th & 1 Play (1219)
Kentucky prediction (1071)
Just Booked my Hotel (1000)
So What? (554)
Best position coach (434)
Jeopardy: USC and th (377)
Travis Bell's Photos (310)
Serial Cat Killer Ca (203)
So What? (154)
The New Idea That'll Fix
OSU Coach Takes Down Disr
400 pasing yards
Kentucky prediction
Really excited to visit t
QB Recruiting Strategy
Looking for 2 for Kentuck
4th & 1 Play
Just Booked my Hotel for
Fall Practice

Old 12-06-2012, 11:49 PM   #41
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Manti Teo

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
I don't believe Te'o is the best, but we would not be worse with him
I'm saying if you switched them haha
Old 12-06-2012, 11:51 PM   #42
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
I'm saying if you switched them haha
Agree to disagree

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:58 PM   #43
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
They are a better team with Clowney... We would be worse with teo
I dont think you could ever be worse with a guy who plays the game with everything he has and has the heart of Teo. Dude is a good football player.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:03 AM   #44
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
I dont think you could ever be worse with a guy who plays the game with everything he has and has the heart of Teo. Dude is a good football player.
Exactly. I love our LBs at USC but Teo is a stud, leads and plays with heart. He is the type of player that guys follow. He is ND's Swearinger. They do it differently but same type of guy that makes the team go and everyone play at a higher level. When the team needs that play they are the guys who step up.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:16 AM   #45
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

#1 Draft pick > All the awards
Old 12-07-2012, 12:17 AM   #46
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
Exactly. I love our LBs at USC but Teo is a stud, leads and plays with heart. He is the type of player that guys follow. He is ND's Swearinger. They do it differently but same type of guy that makes the team go and everyone play at a higher level. When the team needs that play they are the guys who step up.
He's just like DJ, DJ isnt the best player on the field week in and week out, but he is a leader, and plays with passion. It makes up for talent, which is why alot of players who are extremely talented fail.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:21 AM   #47
DJCatfish
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 4400
DJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his comb

Let's be clear. Notre Dame plays a bunch of pansies. Notre Dame is constantly overrated because they are a media darling. I 100% agree that Notre Dame sucks, I'm sick of hearing about them, and their non-conference affiliation BCS sweetheart deal is horse shit.

That said, anybody on here who says Te'o couldn't hack it in the SEC is stupid. Period. If we were about to sign a five star linebacker, people on this board would be jizzing their pants about how we had the next coming of Ray Lewis. If that same five star was second in the nation in INTs from the LB spot and was a projected top ten draft pick, they'd flip shit if he WASN'T invited to these award shows as a senior. The guy can play.

Just know that if you say "he would be average in the SEC" that you sound 1) ignorant as hell about football; or 2) like you hate Notre Dame and don't want to hear his story nonstop for a month so you just bash him, well, just because.

So I'll happily admit the latter: Screw the ND media obsession, screw their BCS deal, and if they have a losing season for the next 500 years that's fine with me. But that has nothing to do with their best player.
DJCatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:26 AM   #48
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
He's just like DJ, DJ isnt the best player on the field week in and week out, but he is a leader, and plays with passion. It makes up for talent, which is why alot of players who are extremely talented fail.
okay i am gonna catch hell for this, there were several games DJ didnt show up. There are several former players i would take in the leader catagory that played with heart that i would take over DJ.

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:37 AM   #49
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCatfish View Post
Let's be clear. Notre Dame plays a bunch of pansies. Notre Dame is constantly overrated because they are a media darling. I 100% agree that Notre Dame sucks, I'm sick of hearing about them, and their non-conference affiliation BCS sweetheart deal is horse shit.

That said, anybody on here who says Te'o couldn't hack it in the SEC is stupid. Period. If we were about to sign a five star linebacker, people on this board would be jizzing their pants about how we had the next coming of Ray Lewis. If that same five star was second in the nation in INTs from the LB spot and was a projected top ten draft pick, they'd flip shit if he WASN'T invited to these award shows as a senior. The guy can play.

Just know that if you say "he would be average in the SEC" that you sound 1) ignorant as hell about football; or 2) like you hate Notre Dame and don't want to hear his story nonstop for a month so you just bash him, well, just because.

So I'll happily admit the latter: Screw the ND media obsession, screw their BCS deal, and if they have a losing season for the next 500 years that's fine with me. But that has nothing to do with their best player.
Jarvis Jones > Teo. Clowney >>> than both.

Teo's fine. But he's not the best player in the country and he sure as H ain't the best defensive player.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:38 AM   #50
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Agree to disagree
If we gave up Clowney we wouldn't be worse? Teo wouldn't fill the void that Clowney would leave by a long shot.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:46 AM   #51
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post
If we gave up Clowney we wouldn't be worse? Teo wouldn't fill the void that Clowney would leave by a long shot.
Its two different freakin positions! Our defense is good enough to be elite even without Clowney, he just adds a crazy amount talent to it. But you drop Clowney and add Sutton and Teo at LB, and this is still a damn good defense.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:02 AM   #52
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Its two different freakin positions! Our defense is good enough to be elite even without Clowney, he just adds a crazy amount talent to it. But you drop Clowney and add Sutton and Teo at LB, and this is still a damn good defense.

That's not the question. The question was if we would be as good. You think we would be?
Old 12-07-2012, 02:32 AM   #53
IgotGAME
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1400
IgotGAME is developing his combIgotGAME is developing his combIgotGAME is developing his combIgotGAME is developing his combIgotGAME is developing his combIgotGAME is developing his combIgotGAME is developing his combIgotGAME is developing his combIgotGAME is developing his comb

I really don't get it...

Besides the 7 INT's Te'o is middle of the road or lower in every other category in defensive stats.

Clowney and Jones are light years ahead of him in impact and stats. I don't like Georgia, but Jarvis had 7 forced fumbles to go along with leading the nation in tackles for loss, 3rd in sacks.

Te'o had 9 tackles for loss and one sack at the same position, LB.

In other words...the awards are a damn joke.
IgotGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:48 AM   #54
wholelottacock
Banned

Male

wholelottacock is sharpening his clawswholelottacock is sharpening his clawswholelottacock is sharpening his clawswholelottacock is sharpening his claws

Anyone else noticed he was sweating like a pain pill addict?
wholelottacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:29 AM   #55
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgotGAME View Post
I really don't get it...

Besides the 7 INT's Te'o is middle of the road or lower in every other category in defensive stats.

Clowney and Jones are light years ahead of him in impact and stats. I don't like Georgia, but Jarvis had 7 forced fumbles to go along with leading the nation in tackles for loss, 3rd in sacks.

In other words...the awards are a damn joke.
Yep.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:12 AM   #56
USCgamecocks
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1368
USCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPit

Summary being "He doesn't play in the SEC, he is a pansy bum."
Old 12-07-2012, 07:18 AM   #57
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCgamecocks View Post
Summary being "he's a good player who is the beneficiary of a massive hype machine fueled by nostalgia that is winning him awards that other players are more deserving of."

He's talented. But if he played for Hawaii or BYU w/ the same numbers he's not getting an invite to NY.

It honestly only boils down to this: is Teo > Clowney? If so, why? Is Teo > jarvis jones?
Old 12-07-2012, 07:36 AM   #58
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgotGAME View Post
I.

They don't play the same position.
3-4 OLB =\= 3-4 ILB

That being said and not taking positions into account
star lotulelei is better than jones

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:35 AM   #59
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCgamecocks View Post
Summary being he is a pretty good player who is on a decent team. I mean it took them 3 OT to beat your lowly Pitt panthers. Wow....
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:38 AM   #60
d20636
Haven't seen your acid...

Male

CockyCash: 1360
d20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post
Summary being "he's a good player who is the beneficiary of a massive hype machine fueled by nostalgia that is winning him awards that other players are more deserving of."

He's talented. But if he played for Hawaii or BYU w/ the same numbers he's not getting an invite to NY.

It honestly only boils down to this: is Teo > Clowney? If so, why? Is Teo > jarvis jones?
Fueled by that and an emotional back story, the kind that the media drools over (remember the Michigan game).