CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
Badazcock
Gamecockswag
b381l
cocksmith1or11
kingofnerf
NAGamecockFan
The Yancey
conwaycock2
Travelin
Freshman ND WR " (1224)
Good Riddance to bad (627)
The Comeback & T (560)
Bashing Players, coa (464)
ESPN Game Day Commen (425)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (415)
Simple "yes&quo (399)
Keeping tailgate foo (399)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (346)
TeMarcus Blanton (291)
Phil Steele just predicte
Garcia: Change the Rules
Simple "yes" or
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
TeMarcus Blanton
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Why I think we beat Aubur
Rest of the season predic

Old 12-07-2012, 08:39 AM   #61
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Manti Teo

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Agree to disagree
You truly think if we didn't have Clowney but had teo we would have lit up ugay and Clemson like that? Only a fool would think that.. Jd has a far greater impacting on D than Teo or any LB
Old 12-07-2012, 08:48 AM   #62
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

For me 7 forced fumbles by jones is a better stat the 7 int by teo. Jarvis caused the turnovers while teo has collected tips and had balls thrown right to him. He is a great player no doubt but not the best player in the country
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:49 AM   #63
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Point is, Notre Dame is New York and Chicago's team.

Aren't most of these voters in those cities? (Sports writers, media etc)

That's why he will win awards.

He won't win the Heisman.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:50 AM   #64
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgotGAME View Post
I really don't get it...

Besides the 7 INT's Te'o is middle of the road or lower in every other category in defensive stats.

Clowney and Jones are light years ahead of him in impact and stats. I don't like Georgia, but Jarvis had 7 forced fumbles to go along with leading the nation in tackles for loss, 3rd in sacks.

Te'o had 9 tackles for loss and one sack at the same position, LB.

In other words...the awards are a damn joke.
They are not the same position, this is the constant mistake everyone makes. Jones plays the rush OLB of a 3-4, which is a TFL and Sack position. So the stats that people, who don't understand football look at, are going to be higher. Teo plays the MLB in a system that doesn't blitz the MLB but may be twice a game.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #65
IgotGAME
Memorabilia Man

Male

CockyCash: 1400
IgotGAME is developing his combIgotGAME is developing his combIgotGAME is developing his combIgotGAME is developing his combIgotGAME is developing his combIgotGAME is developing his combIgotGAME is developing his combIgotGAME is developing his combIgotGAME is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
They are not the same position, this is the constant mistake everyone makes. Jones plays the rush OLB of a 3-4, which is a TFL and Sack position. So the stats that people, who don't understand football look at, are going to be higher. Teo plays the MLB in a system that doesn't blitz the MLB but may be twice a game.
Ok so if he plays MLB, shouldn't he be higher than 60th in tackles if he is the "college football player of the year"? Jones isn't far behind him in tackles either from his OLB position. Also, if 7 forced fumbles cancels out 7 ints, then shouldn't you look at stats for the position they play to see who is performing better? Clearly Jones is better in his positions key stats than Te'o.

Just an FYI, Luke Kuechly for BC last year had 191 total tackles although in a 4-3 defense. That's about 90 more than Te'o or almost double what he produced, while playing MLB.

Last edited by IgotGAME; 12-07-2012 at 11:05 AM.
IgotGAME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #66
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Ok so if he plays MLB, shouldn't he be higher than 60th in tackles if he is the "college football player of the year"? Jones isn't far behind him in tackles either from his OLB position. Also, if 7 forced fumbles cancels out 7 ints, then shouldn't you look at stats for the position they play to see who is performing better? Clearly Jones is better in his positions key stats than Te'o.

Just an FYI, Luke Kuechly for BC last year had 191 total tackles although in a 4-3 defense. That's about 90 more than Te'o or almost double what he produced, while playing MLB.

This, plus Luke K was on a far worse team surrounded by far worse players and had to work much harder to get his than Manti ever did this year..
Old 12-07-2012, 11:27 AM   #67
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:

The 4-3 defense makes a hug difference. 4-3 MLB get all the tackles withing the Tackles. In a 3-4 the tackles are shared between the MLB. Also the game plans of other teams, was to ignore the nose and make sure to send up the G straight to Teo. This limited his tackles. You have to actually look at the schemes and how the player executed that scheme. Jones is a great player, but Teo is still a better player.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:28 AM   #68
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
This, plus Luke K was on a far worse team surrounded by far worse players and had to work much harder to get his than Manti ever did this year..
That again is flawed logic. I could argue since his team sucked and he was in a 4-3 system, he was the only one making any tackles, whereas in the ND system the OLB made the tackle before Teo got there. The whole better worse team is a stupid way to argue.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #69
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

Quote:
That again is flawed logic. I could argue since his team sucked and he was in a 4-3 system, he was the only one making any tackles, whereas in the ND system the OLB made the tackle before Teo got there. The whole better worse team is a stupid way to argue.

Or teams gameplanned soley aruond him? running away, rolling out the other side, double teaming him on the second level? I would say it's 10x harder to be an elite player and stand out on a bad team than a good team.. That's why USCw always has LB's with monster stats...

Plus, Keek is one of the best LB's already in the NFL, so looks like I am correct.. it wasn't just him being the only one making tackles, he has much better instincts than Teo, or any LB i've seen in years
Old 12-07-2012, 11:41 AM   #70
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Weren't panthers fans all pissed they took a guy from the ACC?
I know for a fact majority of CT was.

#LukeForMod

Old 12-07-2012, 11:44 AM   #71
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

What do you classify as one of the best Lbs in the NFL already?

#LukeForMod

Old 12-07-2012, 11:46 AM   #72
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
Or teams gameplanned soley aruond him? running away, rolling out the other side, double teaming him on the second level? I would say it's 10x harder to be an elite player and stand out on a bad team than a good team.. That's why USCw always has LB's with monster stats...

Plus, Keek is one of the best LB's already in the NFL, so looks like I am correct.. it wasn't just him being the only one making tackles, he has much better instincts than Teo, or any LB i've seen in years
Way to miss the point. I said saying your stats should be better or worse based on the team is a dumb argument. Schemes have and how the player does what is asked of the player has more to do with how good a player truly than stats. Teo hasn't even played a down in the pros, so how does Keek prove anything. Or do you mean you went back and looked at a player who is doing well on your team to prove an argument about the future.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:51 AM   #73
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Rolando McClain was pretty good at Bama. He sucks in the pros.
Aaron Curry was damn good at Wake, he's garbage now.

#LukeForMod

Old 12-07-2012, 11:51 AM   #74
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

SEC bias?
TKE226 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #75
Reload
Sarcasm Champ

Male

CockyCash: 2025
Reload is sharpening his clawsReload is sharpening his clawsReload is sharpening his clawsReload is sharpening his claws

Quote:
What do you classify as one of the best Lbs in the NFL already?
Kuechly is 4th in the NFL in total tackles. Not bad for a rookie if I do say so myself. He's a tackling machine. Teo and Keek are both great players though.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:55 AM   #76
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
SEC bias?
More so he just has hatred for ND and so he therefore has to say Teo sucks. If Clowney and Teo switched schools, he'd be making the opposite argument about Clowney being over hyped and Teo being the greatest LB ever.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #77
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

Quote:
Rolando McClain was pretty good at Bama. He sucks in the pros.
Aaron Curry was damn good at Wake, he's garbage now.

Aaron Curry and Mcclain were never on Keeks level. Really don't get why Curry failed in the NFL, I remember scouts talked about him for the top pick even
Old 12-07-2012, 11:58 AM   #78
Reload
Sarcasm Champ

Male

CockyCash: 2025
Reload is sharpening his clawsReload is sharpening his clawsReload is sharpening his clawsReload is sharpening his claws

I think Teo will end up like Paul Posluszny from Jax. Really solid pro but never elite. Should have a fine career though.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:59 AM   #79
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

Quote:
More so he just has hatred for ND and so he therefore has to say Teo sucks. If Clowney and Teo switched schools, he'd be making the opposite argument about Clowney being over hyped and Teo being the greatest LB ever.

You know me so well! No, JD is a once in a lifetime talent, only a tater would think otherwise.. there is a reason he would have been the top pick coming out of HS.. Teo is overrated, there is no way he shuold have swept awards like he did last night.

If he was just an AA 1st team, I'd be fine with that.. but best defensive player and player overall? Come on closet ND fan

Please, keep telling others what I think and feel
Old 12-07-2012, 11:59 AM   #80
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
I think Teo will end up like Paul Posluszny from Jax. Really solid pro but never elite. Should have a fine career though.
Its possible that could happen, but he has the skill set to be all-pro. It really comes down to what team drafts him.