CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
peterlemon
Kyle76
The Yancey
bcolinc
zcoop
Cockypantherfan
WeStillOwnUSC
18IsTheMan
ecugrad
GSC2013
The Demise of the 3- (2080)
Pirate Depth Chart (1244)
East Carolina Predic (1129)
Why didn't Wes Green (1012)
Did we ever go after (516)
You guys are horribl (473)
A&M on 3rd down (355)
It's the offenses no (327)
Finally Cooled Off (311)
louisville (242)
Gamecocks claimed and re-
Past SEC Champions who ha
louisville
Do we have any shot again
Carolina opens -15.5
Watching the Georgia game
2014-15 Premier League se
Madden 15 demo?
East Carolina Prediction
Recruiting Question

Old 12-07-2012, 11:02 AM   #61
d20636
Haven't seen your acid...

Male

CockyCash: 1360
d20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot material
Default Re: ut hires butch jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
good hire. he will do well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
my fault..tried to edit. butch jones...cant blame me really. .wth is he?..lol
"Who the hell is he" & "good hire he will do well"?

This is a good hire... for USC and UGA and UF and UK and VU and hell, through MU in there too...
Old 12-07-2012, 11:04 AM   #62
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

CockyCash: 7461220
bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material

Derek Doolander 2.0 HAHAHA
Old 12-07-2012, 11:04 AM   #63
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 560000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Butch Jones??

Old 12-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #64
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
About the only thing in there correct is that Clowney is a hell of a player who is a game changer. Everything else has been refuted with countless post on here, but you ignore them. Also your logic of he is unblocked shows your lack of football knowledge and how bias you are. Therefore, it is pointless to continue with this.

LMAO I bet I had more football knowledge at age 12 than you do now. He is unblocked due to the heavyweights up front. He is allowed to roam around and get free blitzes to the QB. PLEASE tell me what of my post has been refuted.. I have my popcorn ready.

Unless ND actually dominated lower comp like a nat'l champ team is supposed to do? If that's the case, I'm so sorry I hated on your Irish. Even the experts and analysts think JD is the best player in college football. Golic, a former OLman (knows a few things about football, unlike me I guess ), said that JD>>> Teo..
Old 12-07-2012, 11:22 AM   #65
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
LMAO I bet I had more football knowledge at age 12 than you do now. He is unblocked due to the heavyweights up front. He is allowed to roam around and get free blitzes to the QB. PLEASE tell me what of my post has been refuted.. I have my popcorn ready.

Unless ND actually dominated lower comp like a nat'l champ team is supposed to do? If that's the case, I'm so sorry I hated on your Irish. Even the experts and analysts think JD is the best player in college football. Golic, a former OLman (knows a few things about football, unlike me I guess ), said that JD>>> Teo..
No that is false. a 4-3 protects the MLB because you have a 3tech and a nose keeping the center and 2 guards off of him. In the 3-4 the MLB is more exposed to the guards getting free releases to him. No need to continue as you have just shown how little you know.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:24 AM   #66
gsmith4776
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
gsmith4776 is developing his combgsmith4776 is developing his combgsmith4776 is developing his combgsmith4776 is developing his combgsmith4776 is developing his combgsmith4776 is developing his combgsmith4776 is developing his combgsmith4776 is developing his comb

Quote:

Unless ND actually dominated lower comp like a nat'l champ team is supposed to do? If that's the case, I'm so sorry I hated on your Irish. Even the experts and analysts think JD
is the best player in college football. Golic, a former OLman (knows a few things about football, unlike me I guess ), said that JD>>> Teo..
Come on man. U know that Espn has been dreaming of the day when nd would manage to be relevant. They had hoped for so cal as well but no dice.
Bottom line is now they can suck the sac of a player on a team with a national brand and draw viewers and Internet hits. They make money when nd is good, so they will ride that train hard
I think people are tired of sec winning everything.
Bama will embarrass them.

Ps- who is butch jones
gsmith4776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:27 AM   #67
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Why are a Duke and Notre Dame fan arguing in a Tennessee coach thread?

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:30 AM   #68
ICEHOCEY77
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
ICEHOCEY77 has earned his spursICEHOCEY77 has earned his spursICEHOCEY77 has earned his spursICEHOCEY77 has earned his spursICEHOCEY77 has earned his spursICEHOCEY77 has earned his spursICEHOCEY77 has earned his spurs

If Gruden was a 10,

Butch is a 5. (and might have been their 5th candidate to boot)

Good for us though, they will continue to be 4th in the SECE (and the way Franklin is rolling, they might go to 5th).
ICEHOCEY77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:30 AM   #69
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
No that is false. a 4-3 protects the MLB because you have a 3tech and a nose keeping the center and 2 guards off of him. In the 3-4 the MLB is more exposed to the guards getting free releases to him. No need to continue as you have just shown how little you know.

IT'S CALLED WATCHING THE GAMES...

I can see that Teo is allowed to roam around free and not be occupied by blockers (why he is always getting those tipped Ints).. Just because technically the MLB is more exposed does not mean he will get picked up ever if at all... especially when you play far inferior comp.. shows how little you actually know, please continue to get corrected in multiple threads!

Manti will get blocked constantly in Miami, and the world will see how overrated he truly is (facing his first SEC comp of the year). JD gets blocked every play yet affects every play. Let's see Teo do that.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:31 AM   #70
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Mike Golic played D Line

#LukeForMod

Old 12-07-2012, 11:32 AM   #71
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Why are a Duke and Notre Dame fan arguing in a Tennessee coach thread?

haha Bleed, as you can see that rivers pic is gone from my avatar. I'm a bigger Gamecock fan by far than Duke, I just loved that "owned" gif
Old 12-07-2012, 11:32 AM   #72
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 560000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Butch Jones??

Old 12-07-2012, 11:33 AM   #73
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

Quote:
Mike Golic D Line

Yeah, I know, I meant DLman, I can't have everything perfectly corrected haha

Butch Jones, really he is going to get out recruited by freaking Vandy in his own state
Old 12-07-2012, 11:35 AM   #74
CockyCyclone
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 16788014
CockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudly

Quote:

Old 12-07-2012, 11:36 AM   #75
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
IT'S CALLED WATCHING THE GAMES...
Which apparently you didn't do.

Quote:
I can see that Teo is allowed to roam around free and not be occupied by blockers (why he is always getting those tipped Ints)
So your saying that since they didn't block him (illegally) down field on pass plays, that means he wasn't ever blocked. Dude you are a joke. I have to keep correcting you since you don't have any actual knowledge, apparently.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #76
75CarolinaFan
Gatorade Poster of d Year

Male

CockyCash: 100200
75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material

Definitely not a slam dunk hire. Missed layup? Off balance 3 pointer? Time will tell.

What do y'all think is the biggest problem for UT right now and why it's so tough for them to hire coaches and win football games?

Is it the NCAA issues? Is it because it's tougher for them to recruit out of state now? Do they just have trouble hiring a competent AD? Is the division too tough now and expectations from fans unrealistic which scares off good coaches? Too many big boosters with too much control that can't agree and pressure the AD?

It shocks me to some extent that Tennessee has dropped so far so quickly.

75CarolinaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:48 AM   #77
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
haha Bleed, as you can see that rivers pic is gone from my avatar. I'm a bigger Gamecock fan by far than Duke, I just loved that "owned" gif
Not until Duke wins the title this year.

#LukeForMod

Old 12-07-2012, 11:48 AM   #78
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

Quote:
you don't have any actual knowledge, apparently.

You have proven nothing except you think you have knowledge...

I'm saying on run plays, on blitzes etc, he was rarely picked up. All his sacks he was completely unblocked (like the Landry Jones one).. Funny how you are the ONLY person who thinks Teo is all that special. Everyone else says how his ints are overrated (tipped into him) and how Jones/JD are by far better.. yet I have no clue what I'm talking about? Get real. When your boy Teo does nothing in Miami and gets shut down, will you still rave about him? JD did his work against the best OL's in the nation...

Keep trying to convince yourself you are right.

Anyways, like i've been trying to do and stop derailling the thread:

Butch Jones, really he is going to get out recruited by freaking Vandy in his own state..
Old 12-07-2012, 11:49 AM   #79
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

Quote:
Not until Duke wins the title this year.

I would rather USC win the SEC East than Duke a Nat'l title.. that say enough?

I have more than enough sports passion for one team.. Braves, Gamecocks, Panthers, Hornets (Bobcats name will be gone soon enough), Duke..

but Gamecocks are always #1..

Anyways, I know I am much more interesting and appealing, but please get this back to BUTCH JONES.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #80
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

Its an ok hire...He has had success everywhere he has gone, but been in weak conferences. And for the most part the uptempo gadget offenses dont work in the SEC. He has a lot of work to do there. I hope they give him longer than Dooley got if they really want to be successful.
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote