CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
b381l
NAGamecockFan
kingofnerf
ReadR00ster
BigRedCock
El Cid Ranger
ChickenButt
lilhornet
robgusc76
Freshman ND WR " (862)
Call of Duty: Advanc (539)
Good Riddance to bad (474)
Keeping tailgate foo (326)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (297)
Bashing Players, coa (237)
The Comeback & T (226)
An A to Z of Noah We (216)
Wallpaper & Back (114)
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI S (103)
Rank the QBs under Spurri
TeMarcus Blanton
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Bashing Players, coaches,
Texas athletic director:
Why I think we beat Aubur
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE

Old 12-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #61
uscgmck
Coming back home, one day

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material
Default Re: Favorite Places to Eat?

This place has been on every food show know to man. Doe's Eating Place Mississippi
uscgmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #62
kmcgarnet
Recruit

Female

CockyCash: 500
kmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElTiger View Post
The Kickin' Chicken
http://kickinchicken.com/menu/
I love their Bobby Fries! Went there all the time when I was in school at CofC.
kmcgarnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:35 PM   #63
kmcgarnet
Recruit

Female

CockyCash: 500
kmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his comb

Fast Food: Chick Fil A, Jimmy Johns, Rush's, Five Guys, and Doumar's in VA

Buffet: Shealy's, Hudson's Smokehouse, and I want to try Huller's.

Dine In: Sesame, Pawleys, Jestine's, Groucho's, Wild Wings. Two places in VA I love are Citrus and Razzo.
kmcgarnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:47 PM   #64
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?

Male

CockyCash: 10200
eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
What's your favorite places to eat?

For me:

Fast food: Subway, Taco Bell, and Hot Wok

Buffet: Ryan's & Top China Buffet

Dine-in: Texas Roadhouse & Red Lobster
Gross
Old 12-07-2012, 12:50 PM   #65
GamecockSuperFan
Run 75% of the time

Male

CockyCash: 400
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
Goodness, man. You listed 3 places I refuse to eat at right off the bat as your favorite. You've never noticed that every sub at Subway tastes the same...and Taco Bell, that is just plain gross.
Subs have mostly the same things on them that's why they probably taste the same. I mean you can switch up the meat but if you get the same bread and all the same vegetables/ condiments naturally it's going to taste similar to the last sub you ate. I worked part time at a subway during college, I tried almost everything there. It's not good as Sub station in my opinion, just more choices to pick from but I still get the same exact sub once sometimes twice a week. Jersey mikes > subway too though. So yeah its like 3rd in my list for best places to get a sub but I still find myself in there all the time.
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:52 PM   #66
AR1
Guitar Ghost

Female

CockyCash: 915500
AR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SCFanInPAUntilNow View Post
Steak N Shake
Rushs
Olive Garden.

I love Steak N Shake too!
AR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:54 PM   #67
GamecockSuperFan
Run 75% of the time

Male

GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Georgia Diner in Lawrenceville Georgia is the best place I've ate at since moving to GA. Open 24 hours as well.

Chipoltes is pretty good. I like Moes too its just a little too far away from where I am.

For fast food lately Wendy's has been on point. If your starving a Baconator combo is it, otherwise I can get by with a couple Jr. Cheeseburger Deluxes for a buck a piece.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:56 PM   #68
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?

Male

CockyCash: 10200
eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree

Fast Food: Moe's and a few local Delis where you can get a real deal Deli Sammich. There are also a handful of really solid lunch trucks that come around. My favorite is New Orleans To Go, owned by some straight up cajun folk. Authentic and Delicious!

Sit Down: Carrabba's, Longhorn, El Rancho Grande, Bonefish, Boi Na Braza Brazilian Steakhouse
I wish I had access to a Miybai Kyoto or a Miyo's. Love those places.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:59 PM   #69
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Shot View Post
I love Steak N Shake too!
Me too
Old 12-07-2012, 01:01 PM   #70
GamecockSuperFan
Run 75% of the time

Male

I do like Chik-Fil-A but I don't see why it gets the overwhelming majority of likes here in this thread.. is there something i'm missing? I normally get a spicy chicken sandwich, waffle fries & a drink an it runs me like $5-$7. What's so good about that?
Old 12-07-2012, 01:02 PM   #71
GamecockSuperFan
Run 75% of the time

Male

I LIKED steak n shake, but the one out here has terribly slow/just plain dumb service. The fries are super skinny as well as the hamburger patties & it's not cheap.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:45 PM   #72
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Steak N Shake is gross, too. Greasy mess of a burger and the fries are always cold.

I just feel nasty after eating there. Gave up on them a while back.

ColaCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:14 PM   #73
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

If you ever want a good hot dog in Columbia...go to Jimmy's Mart on Two Notch Road...it's been around since I was a little girl...

Last edited by Cocklover; 12-07-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Cocklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:26 PM   #74
Fear#5
New and Improved

Male

CockyCash: 249940200
Fear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot material

Palmetto Pig has awesome BBQ and a lot of other food on their buffet. Probably my favorite restaurant in Columbia.
Fear#5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:01 PM   #75
TheUSCMike
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 4250
TheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot material

Fast Food: Chick-fil-A, Wendy's, Rushes, Zesto (Triangle City), Zaxby's

Buffet: Vegetable Medley, Lone Star Barbecue and Mercantile (Santee), Shealy's, Brookland Baptist Church

Dine-in: Outback, Vella's, D's Wings (Parkland), IHOP, California Dreaming, (but it's always too noisy), Lizard's Thicket, Dillard House (Dillard, Ga.)
TheUSCMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:11 PM   #76
ra742002
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
ra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot material

Chipotle
Midway BBQ in Union, SC
but, I'd rather make anything else myself. Just can't quite get the tex mex just right and I make good BBQ, but it aint like Midway's BBQ and hash from growing up.

ra742002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #77
MBGCock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1110145
MBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot material

Nona
MBGCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #78
warriorchief
CT's 2x Favorite Tiger

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Favorite Non Gamecock Poster 
CockyCash: 1048000
warriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUSCMike View Post
Dine-in: Outback, Vella's, D's Wings (Parkland), IHOP, California Dreaming, (but it's always too noisy), Lizard's Thicket, Dillard House (Dillard, Ga.)
points, sir. I'm less than an hour from Dillard House, less than half an hour if I treat the trip up 76 like a race track. Absolutely LOVE the place.

warriorchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:54 PM   #79
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

I miss Lizards Thicket from my college days...

but Steak and Shake???? really, that might be one of the worst places I've ever eaten
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:18 PM   #80
TheUSCMike
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 4250
TheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorchief View Post
points, sir. I'm less than an hour from Dillard House, less than half an hour if I treat the trip up 76 like a race track. Absolutely LOVE the place.
I'm jealous. But I'd go broke and weigh 300 lbs. if we were that close. We like to drop the top and make the trip on pretty days. Usually takes about 3 1/2 to 4 hours on the back roads. Enjoy riding the back roads and having a destination usually somewhere to eat, so suggestions are welcome.

(and thanks for the points)
TheUSCMike is offline   Reply With Quote