CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
robgusc76
B-G
Big Spur
SMOTFS86
Spurticus
Sandstorm29
The Yancey
kingofnerf
rabid cock
**USC vs. Coker GAME (3418)
2014 Subway Classic: (1665)
aTm demolishes Kyle (771)
Cocky at the Duck Co (751)
Ali Hospitalized Wit (663)
Really, REALLY glad (622)
Deer Hunting 2014 (396)
Connor to be backup? (369)
movers, furniture do (329)
Happy Winter Solstic (300)
The Vent and Coaching cha
So, why is next year goin
Greatest Gamecock Players
aTm demolishes Kyle Field
Connor to be backup?
**USC vs. Coker GAME Thre
QB Next Season?

Old 12-07-2012, 01:42 PM   #1
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material
Default Songs you used to love, now can't stand.

Just a topic off the top of my head as I was driving down the road listening to SiriusXM. There are songs that most everybody just absolutely love. I'm talking about the ones that while still popular, you just can't tolerate anymore. I'll give you two of mine then probably add some later.

AC/DC You shook me all night long.
Aerosmith Dream On

Like I said just two quick ones. I used to love these songs but now, ugh, when I hear the first note, I'm like CHANGE IT! Anyway, interested to hear if you guys have any songs that are just played out, in your opinion, and can't stand anymore.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:49 PM   #2
Sonofacock
Mothershouldibuilthedwall

Male

CockyCash: 500
Sonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Songs you used to love, now can't stand.

Old time rock and roll, love other Seeger songs
Old 12-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #3
cockattorney2
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 397
cockattorney2 has developed his gaff and talonscockattorney2 has developed his gaff and talonscockattorney2 has developed his gaff and talonscockattorney2 has developed his gaff and talonscockattorney2 has developed his gaff and talonscockattorney2 has developed his gaff and talonscockattorney2 has developed his gaff and talonscockattorney2 has developed his gaff and talonscockattorney2 has developed his gaff and talonscockattorney2 has developed his gaff and talonscockattorney2 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via AIM to cockattorney2

anything by Adele.... (not old, just completely overplayed nowadays)
cockattorney2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:16 PM   #4
cockinraleigh
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 78700
cockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot material

Any song by Jason Aldean
cockinraleigh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:38 PM   #5
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Anything by Boston or Journey. Used to think they were the best but can hardly listen to them anymore.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:50 PM   #6
chapincock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 250
chapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudly

Pontoon was cool that one day on the lake when it came on. Now I'd rather bash my head thru the radio than here one second of that song. And tornado sounds just like pontoon.
chapincock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:16 PM   #7
gamecock231983
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 12113530
gamecock231983 is USC mascot materialgamecock231983 is USC mascot materialgamecock231983 is USC mascot materialgamecock231983 is USC mascot materialgamecock231983 is USC mascot materialgamecock231983 is USC mascot materialgamecock231983 is USC mascot materialgamecock231983 is USC mascot materialgamecock231983 is USC mascot materialgamecock231983 is USC mascot materialgamecock231983 is USC mascot material

Anything from nickelback.. Way back when I thought they was cool. Now I can't stand them
gamecock231983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:05 PM   #8
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

CockyCash: 1000000500
Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material

Snow - "Informer"

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #9
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
Anything by Boston or Journey. Used to think they were the best but can hardly listen to them anymore.
Don't Look Back is still the shit.

It is awesome. The slow part is almost spiritual. You had to be there I guess...

spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:42 PM   #10
Dietz
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
Dietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot material

anything by the Talking Heads, I used to geek out over them in college, but they just plain annoy the shit out of me now, it's David Byrne's weird voice and dorky synthesizers maybe...
Old 12-07-2012, 09:50 PM   #11
spareparts
Banned

Male

spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dietz View Post
anything by the Talking Heads, I used to geek out over them in college, but they just plain annoy the shit out of me now, it's David Byrne's weird voice and dorky synthesizers maybe...
I completely agree. Talking Heads 77 is one of the most annoying, cutesy, BULLSHIT snobby artsy-fartsy albums ever made.

The lyrics are SHIT.

There is too much singing... what was the reason why David Byrne could not shut his trap for like 10 seconds so we could listen to the music. He's yelping, shouting, growling, gurgling, STFU

I cant stand most of the first 3 albums, remain in light was OK, but after that, they REALLY started sucking.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:12 PM   #12
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
I completely agree. Talking Heads 77 is one of the most annoying, cutesy, BULLSHIT snobby artsy-fartsy albums ever made.

The lyrics are SHIT.

There is too much singing... what was the reason why David Byrne could not shut his trap for like 10 seconds so we could listen to the music. He's yelping, shouting, growling, gurgling, STFU

I cant stand most of the first 3 albums, remain in light was OK, but after that, they REALLY started sucking.
The Talking Heads hold up decade after decade. I saw "Stop Making Sense" by Jonathan Demme and was BLOWN AWAY. I will admit his newer music hasn't grabbed me like the earlier stuff. And the lyrics? When I was taking a psychology class in college, the text referred to the Heads lyrics and I never forgot that. But that is why this world is great. We have so much to like and we don't have to like the same stuff!
Old 12-07-2012, 11:07 PM   #13
spareparts
Banned

Male

Sandstorm
Old 12-07-2012, 11:09 PM   #14
TheMule
Br Ba

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
TheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to TheMule

Rolling Stones. Take your money and go buy an island or something. Just STFU.

gt
Here's to you, Feisty and Spurd&Fthrd.
TheMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:12 PM   #15
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Inna Gadda De Vitta - Iorn Butterfly

Light My Fire - The Doors
Old 12-07-2012, 11:49 PM   #16
dreammachine
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material

Anything new by the Rolling Stones. I use to love everything that they did up till the late 70's and after that they seem to try to go with whatever was in style at the time.

Bryan Adams songs are now a big turn off. Kind of like them back in the 80's but not anymore.

Not that I was ever a big U2 Fan, but I would just as soon be hit by a brick as to listen to their lead singer.

Michael Bolton songs make me sick to my stomach and he should be "banned from singing"!

Rod Stewart was always good to hear for many years, but he has also grown weary to listen to anymore or hell I might be getting old and grumpy!
dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:14 AM   #17
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

CockyCash: 26000805
RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to RGHoskins

Barbara Ann. It was my favorite song when I was like 3. Now it makes me wanna punch babies.

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.
RGHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:49 AM   #18
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
Yep
Old 12-08-2012, 08:44 AM   #19
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Carry On Wayward Son - Kansas
Killer Queen - Queen
Old 12-08-2012, 10:31 AM   #20
chapincock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 250
chapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Sandstorm
You just had to be that guy didn't ya lol.
chapincock is offline   Reply With Quote