CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
ZenUSC
The Yancey
5lbYardcock
18IsTheMan
GH
conwaycock2
StormOfTalons
garnet_black215
ut_vols13
Gamecock football Lo (2135)
Shaw: Check Out This (1975)
Mike Davis "dou (1846)
Gamecocks D staff re (1262)
The Demise of the 3- (1049)
who thinks we need a (960)
Pirate Depth Chart (914)
Past SEC Champions w (659)
Reginald Bowens (629)
Why didn't Wes Green (530)
East Carolina Prediction
The Demise of the 3-4
Past SEC Champions who ha
What's your take on our a
Connor Shaw Browns
SOS Teleconference
Eastern Michigan's Concre
Mike Davis "doubtful
New app: South Carolina G
Pirate Depth Chart

Old 12-06-2012, 04:50 PM   #61
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material
Default Re: Damiere Byrd

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
If that was what you said, I would have agreed with you. There is no receiver who does not need to improve. However, your premise was

You agreed with the OP's highly critical post on Byrd

That constitutes byrd-hating in my book . . . and it is unfair to the young man. But, you are entitled to your opinions. I am entitled to mine . . . byrd-hater.
Those were all legitimate points and questions. He has had his PT reduced and the guy wants to know why. I stated that it probably has something to do with his inconsistent hands. That's not "hating". That's just pointing out the obvious. If I was "hating", I would be on here saying that his haircut is wack and his breath stank. You got a screw loose, man.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:47 PM   #62
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
Those were all legitimate points and questions. He has had his PT reduced and the guy wants to know why. I stated that it probably has something to do with his inconsistent hands. That's not "hating". That's just pointing out the obvious. If I was "hating", I would be on here saying that his haircut is wack and his breath stank. You got a screw loose, man.
As stated above, he doesn't play the same position as Nick Jones. The lack of PT was more related to the move to get both Ace and Bruce on the field at the same time. Finally, Justice and Busta also must be on the field. It was simply a matter of other players stepping up more than Byrd stinking it up.

Remember, he still caught that pass over Rambo. That made our season. Coupled with his game-saving ST play, in my book, Byrd is a very good Gamecock. Glad he is on our team.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:15 PM   #63
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
As stated above, he doesn't play the same position as Nick Jones. The lack of PT was more related to the move to get both Ace and Bruce on the field at the same time. Finally, Justice and Busta also must be on the field. It was simply a matter of other players stepping up more than Byrd stinking it up.

Remember, he still caught that pass over Rambo. That made our season. Coupled with his game-saving ST play, in my book, Byrd is a very good Gamecock. Glad he is on our team.
He is a good Gamecock football player. He has the potential to be a GREAT Gamecock WIDE RECEIVER. That's what I would like to see. I'm also glad he's on the team.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:41 PM   #64
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

I don't think Damiere lacks physical skills, I just think he lacks confidence. The first couple of catchable balls he dropped last year. He needs more opportunities
to catch some easy passes to build up his confidence. I've never heard that he has problems catching balls in practice, in fact it's just the opposite. Plus, he started out on a bad note last year after he had to sit the first 4 games. That certainly didn't help him get started.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:42 PM   #65
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I don't think Damiere lacks physical skills, I just think he lacks confidence. The first couple of catchable balls he dropped last year. He needs more opportunities
to catch some easy passes to build up his confidence. I've never heard that he has problems catching balls in practice, in fact it's just the opposite. Plus, he started out on a bad note last year after he had to sit the first 4 games. That certainly didn't help him get started.
I agree. It would be nice if we could get him going with some quick hitters. screens and slants.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:52 PM   #66
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

he is essentially a junior now. the guy needs to catch his passes. that 4 game suspension was long long ago. hopefully next year he will be able to catch some balls.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:06 PM   #67
4Runner
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 225
4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
he is essentially a junior now. the guy needs to catch his passes. that 4 game suspension was long long ago. hopefully next year he will be able to catch some balls.
I thought the was his second year.
4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:31 PM   #68
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

He has run down a hanfull of touchdowns from half way down the field. Those were sure touchdowns. He is of considerable amounts of talent.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:41 PM   #69
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Runner View Post
I thought the was his second year.
This is his second year....he missed the first 4 games in 2011.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:50 PM   #70
4Runner
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 225
4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
This is his second year....he missed the first 4 games in 2011.
Thought so. I'm surprised at his lack of hands and was really high on his potential. I hope he can get it together on the offensive side as he has already demonstrated his value on special teams.
4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:57 PM   #71
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Runner View Post
Thought so. I'm surprised at his lack of hands and was really high on his potential. I hope he can get it together on the offensive side as he has already demonstrated his value on special teams.
He has the hands in practice, but it hasn't showed up consistently on Saturdays in the fall.