CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
U-Dub Gamecock
Outland
gadeneer1986
B-G
Latt7more
ReadR00ster
CoverTwo
b381l
Why is everyone anti (1751)
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Just thought of some (991)
How did we not make (985)
Bruce Ellington's Fi (844)
Miss St. defense (834)
Let us clarify some (740)
Is Clowney back toni (641)
SOS says his next st (453)
Busta out indefinite (430)
Why is everyone anticipat
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
How did we not make it.
Miss St. defense
Party like it's 1903
World of Warcraft, CSGO,
Busta out indefinitely.
SOS says his next stop is
Roll call for Auburn
Bruce Ellington's First T

Old 11-29-2012, 05:00 PM   #21
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK
Default Re: PS3 problem... uh oh, might be really bad.

I forgot instead of an external fan they make internal fans that have more blades to move more air , mine was only a 15 blade fan but some came stock with a 19 blade. Also you can change out the power supply there are two different ones that came in the first gen 3 one was an inefficient one and one was I think the one with square holes was the efficient one which produced less heat .
Old 11-29-2012, 05:37 PM   #22
BigSpenda864
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 466
BigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his comb

Thanks for the input my friend!!
Old 11-30-2012, 11:02 PM   #23
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material

part three is just putting it back together

here is a guy that does reballing with leaded solder of course it will probably be cheaper if a local person does it. I would try and see how many they have done and see if you can talk to a customer that they have done the service for .

http://www.fixmygpu.com/

here is his youtube page he has 5 videos for ps3 reball , http://www.youtube.com/user/FixMyGPU?feature=watch
Old 12-03-2012, 10:45 AM   #24
BigSpenda864
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 466
BigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his comb

Thanks!
Old 12-03-2012, 10:57 AM   #25
JQ94
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
JQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talons

I had the same problem and fixed it myself following same videos
Old 12-03-2012, 12:56 PM   #26
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

My roommate had this problem and the guy at gamestop told us it was done. If you can fix it kudos to you. We busted it up to get the disk out and gave it a proper burial. *Sad music*
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:04 PM   #27
CurryStorm
Milk Duds

Male

CockyCash: 20200
CurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot materialCurryStorm is USC mascot material

My 60gb launch PS3 died back in 2010. I ended up buying a slim one, because I didn't feel like waiting months for Sony to fix it and ship it back to me. Now, I'm looking at fixing it because I really miss the backwards compatibility. Moreover, I miss the way it upscales PS2 games. I tried playing Persona 3 FES on my old PS2 system and it looks like crap, whereas when I first played it on the 60gb PS3, it looked really good with the upscaling. It's a freaking shame that Sony doesn't still over this feature considering I've got tons of PS2 games that I still haven't beaten yet.

Anyway, through all the research I've done, it appears reballing is the way to go if you want it to last for a longer amount of time. I looked up a company in Columbia that fixes PS3s (Mr. PC) and asked them if they reball or reflow. This is what they told me via email: "We reflow with some additional technique. Reball can work but not solve the problem. The issue lies in the lead free solder that was used. The reflow is 75. And takes about 3 days."

With the way they word it, they make it sound like it's better to reflow (with additional technique - whatever that means). Is this true or are they just trying to sell their service? Anyone have any experience with them?
Old 12-07-2012, 09:28 PM   #28
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurryStorm View Post
My 60gb launch PS3 died back in 2010. I ended up buying a slim one, because I didn't feel like waiting months for Sony to fix it and ship it back to me. Now, I'm looking at fixing it because I really miss the backwards compatibility. Moreover, I miss the way it upscales PS2 games. I tried playing Persona 3 FES on my old PS2 system and it looks like crap, whereas when I first played it on the 60gb PS3, it looked really good with the upscaling. It's a freaking shame that Sony doesn't still over this feature considering I've got tons of PS2 games that I still haven't beaten yet.

Anyway, through all the research I've done, it appears reballing is the way to go if you want it to last for a longer amount of time. I looked up a company in Columbia that fixes PS3s (Mr. PC) and asked them if they reball or reflow. This is what they told me via email: "We reflow with some additional technique. Reball can work but not solve the problem. The issue lies in the lead free solder that was used. The reflow is 75. And takes about 3 days."

With the way they word it, they make it sound like it's better to reflow (with additional technique - whatever that means). Is this true or are they just trying to sell their service? Anyone have any experience with them?
sounds like they are just trying to get you to purchase an easier faster turn around for them . if you get it reballed then get it done with leaded solder only way to go