CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
taylorssc
Gamecocks321
doubledribble
Lonnie
GarnetSwarm1990
Cocks N Stuff
gadeneer1986
johnnyb
So Disappointed With (2174)
Rank the QBs under S (1532)
Back like cooked cra (1118)
Tennessee game (700)
Who start on the d l (669)
No Comments on the H (533)
Google finally gets (471)
Squats (397)
lack of production= (377)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (198)
So Disappointed With The
Gamecock football Long Te
Rank the QBs under Spurri
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Call of Duty: Advanced Wa
Thoughts on the basketbal
Back like cooked crack
Why I think we beat Aubur
SEC Debate: Best candidat

Old 12-07-2012, 09:29 PM   #1
ZenUSC
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit
Default Wilds 2013

I was rather mystified at Wilds not playing this season as I thought he was the second best RB on the team. Since Latti has decided to go NFL I see Wilds as the uncontested frontrunner for 2013, At times in 2011 Wilds was sensational. He's a good size RB with that flair to find open field that is rare. Yet he's been as quiet as a mouse in his redshirt hiatus. No interviews, no nuthin.

But 2013 will be a noisy year for him I think. He reminds me of Greg Welch.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:40 PM   #2
Carolina4eva
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: Wilds 2013

Pretty sure Mike Davis will be your starter. Wilds could easily win the job though

Army National Guard
Carolina4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:42 PM   #3
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

he just needs to do the little things better. its nitpicking a bit because he was a true frosh, but he was already all sec caliber as a runner in his first action. if his blocking and receiving approaches his quality as a runner and youve got somebody who could make the all sec team.

id expect him to win the job, but itll be interesting to see how davis and carson look in the spring.

a nagging injury kept him from contributing this season. they could have put him out there the last 3 or 4 games i want to say, but didnt want to lose a year of eligibility for only a few games unless it was an emergency.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:47 PM   #4
4Runner
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 225
4Runner is developing his comb4Runner is developing his comb4Runner is developing his comb4Runner is developing his comb4Runner is developing his comb4Runner is developing his comb4Runner is developing his comb4Runner is developing his comb

Injury. That is it. Then I think they wanted medical redshirt. I think he is our started next year.
4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:55 PM   #5
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

I think there will be a lot of competition to see who starts....I wouldn't assume anyone to be the leader.

Wilds, Davis, Carson, Salley, Williams, Smith......we'll see.

Assuming Williams picks us.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:02 PM   #6
92Pony
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 588
92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb

If the line will freakin' block next year, I can see Wilds having a 1000yd season - He's a beast! Mark it down.
92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:04 PM   #7
jfbreb94
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 615
jfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPit

Has he beefed up any?
jfbreb94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:05 PM   #8
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Stop the chisels, since when did Latti say he was going pro next season?
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:07 PM   #9
Jleo
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Jleo has developed his gaff and talonsJleo has developed his gaff and talonsJleo has developed his gaff and talonsJleo has developed his gaff and talonsJleo has developed his gaff and talonsJleo has developed his gaff and talonsJleo has developed his gaff and talonsJleo has developed his gaff and talonsJleo has developed his gaff and talonsJleo has developed his gaff and talonsJleo has developed his gaff and talons

He did a great job running last year after Latti went down. I didn't pay close enough attention to see if he lacked as a blocker.

Jleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:08 PM   #10
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

Spurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
Stop the chisels, since when did Latti say he was going pro next season?
I think the current assumption is that even if Lattimore stays, he wouldn't play next year because of the extent of the rehab he needs.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:14 PM   #11
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 17972586
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurz View Post
I think the current assumption is that even if Lattimore stays, he wouldn't play next year because of the extent of the rehab he needs.
Correct.

Wilds and Davis will both see tons of action. And, yes, Wilds is a sick runner. Big, strong, and pretty fast. Could have a major year if he can shake off the rust and block well.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:14 PM   #12
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 799000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurz View Post
That's not what the OP said ! Assumption is the mother of all F......ups..........
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:53 PM   #13
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material

yeah Wilds and Davis will be a tandem like lacy and yeldon. They will be unstoppable watch and see.
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:28 PM   #14
4Runner
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 225
4Runner is developing his comb4Runner is developing his comb4Runner is developing his comb4Runner is developing his comb4Runner is developing his comb4Runner is developing his comb4Runner is developing his comb4Runner is developing his comb

Latti will go pro. He needs too. He only has so many years left so might as well make some $$ and fulfill his dream and goal of the NFL. He needs to progress to the next level and we need to move on.
4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:43 PM   #15
ZenUSC
Two Deep

Male

ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Pony View Post
If the line will freakin' block next year, I can see Wilds having a 1000yd season - He's a beast! Mark it down.
Because Shaw basically throws short passes this enables defenses to move everybody up close. It makes it easy to put 8 in the box. I thought it was very interesting how Dylan Thompson backed everybody up on defense. This makes it possible for the OL to open holes. Without a strong armed QB we will see 8 in the box all next season. If Conner would look downfield the OL wouldn't have so many defenders right in front of them.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:22 AM   #16
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Runner View Post
Injury. That is it. Then I think they wanted medical redshirt. I think he is our started next year.
They didn't need a medical for Wilds this year. He just took his regular redshirt since he played as a true freshman last year.
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:47 AM   #17
MOB49
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 400
MOB49 is crowing loudlyMOB49 is crowing loudlyMOB49 is crowing loudlyMOB49 is crowing loudlyMOB49 is crowing loudlyMOB49 is crowing loudlyMOB49 is crowing loudlyMOB49 is crowing loudlyMOB49 is crowing loudlyMOB49 is crowing loudlyMOB49 is crowing loudly

the most important thing that Wilds needs to improve on is his pass blocking. He wasn't very good. People seem to forget that before Lattimore got hurt last season, Wilds came into the game on 3rd down as a pass catching back. He might have better hands then Lattimore. He's a natural runner and pass catcher, hopefully he can just shed that rust quickly.
MOB49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:04 AM   #18
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

Spring practice could get very interesting next year.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:03 AM   #19
Kazak
4-Star

Male

Kazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
I was rather mystified at Wilds not playing this season as I thought he was the second best RB on the team. Since Latti has decided to go NFL I see Wilds as the uncontested frontrunner for 2013, At times in 2011 Wilds was sensational. He's a good size RB with that flair to find open field that is rare. Yet he's been as quiet as a mouse in his redshirt hiatus. No interviews, no nuthin.

But 2013 will be a noisy year for him I think. He reminds me of Greg Welch.
I love Wilds, and I think he can be a horse for us, but there's nothing "uncontested" about his frontrunner status. Davis is going to be very, very good also. Shon Carson (if finally healthy) and Williams (if we do land him) also give us "home run" options with their speed.

I know Spurrier isn't big on the running back by committee thing, but we'd have one hell of a committee. I'd love to see a Wilds/Davis combo with Carson or Williams getting touches also.
Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:28 AM   #20
Zandit
Banned

Male

Zandit has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Runner View Post
Latti will go pro. He needs too. He only has so many years left so might as well make some $$ and fulfill his dream and goal of the NFL. He needs to progress to the next level and we need to move on.

We'll be fine with Wilds, Davis and Carson. So don't worry about us moving on.

Latti needs to show that he can play for a season before anybody will give him $$ in the NFL. He might get a few pesos from a team willing to take a flier, but nothing like he could garner if he PROVED he was his old self for an entire season.