CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
bcolinc
ConwayGamecock
Latti
Gamecocks1137
usc1
kingofnerf
FanofCarolina1
Storm Of Spurs
carcosa
**USC vs. Clemson GA (5578)
looks like we have 2 (1996)
Decommitment from Te (928)
Beat Miami (815)
Duck Bowl Depth Char (640)
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBA (624)
Cleveland Browns Hea (617)
Garcia and Clemsux T (604)
Need a dog kennel (239)
NCAAB: CLEMSON @ SOU (170)
Previewing Clemson
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
The Vent and Coaching cha
How Long Will The Rebuild
So, why is next year goin
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL
2015 - Mark Fields
Duck Bowl Depth Chart
Four USC Basketball Games
looks like we have 2 OL r

Old 12-08-2012, 12:53 PM   #41
MBGCock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1110145
MBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: "In 10 years, MLS will be a top League, we have a Harvard business plan" Don Garb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka View Post

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz2DdsVAN4k

This year has been more about articulating the strategic vision. What we're putting into place are the things we need to do in those four areas to ensure we're on the right track over the next 10 years. So at the start of next season we can talk about what the tactics are that we hope to embark on over the next number of years. This year, 2012, was about year one, get the strategic plan in place and get alignment on that plan. Then years two through 10 we'll be executing on that plan. At some point I'll show you the plan, because it's pretty cool. And the strategic process if pretty cool, too, how it starts with vision and goes down to strategy, breaks out on players and marketing and comes together with Soccer United Marketing. It's Harvard Business School-type stuff.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz2EQ6kzy1f
MBGCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #42
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material
Default Re: "In 10 years, MLS will be a top League, we have a Harvard business plan" Don Garb

If they could get usain Bolt to debut for the Galaxy, that would help. Also, MLS salaries need to be huge.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:02 PM   #43
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 24390296
COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material

I hope MLS gains more traction. I would be much more interested in a global sport than the NFL. College football/basketball are really the only sports I watch. I would probably engage in some MLS if they were ever to get on par with the better leagues across the globe. The few MLS games I've watched were definitely not as impressive as the few European games I've watched. But 99% of all soccer viewing in my household takes place during World Cup, of which, I don't miss televised US games.
COCKYTALKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:12 PM   #44
JM1984
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
JM1984 is USC mascot materialJM1984 is USC mascot materialJM1984 is USC mascot materialJM1984 is USC mascot materialJM1984 is USC mascot materialJM1984 is USC mascot materialJM1984 is USC mascot materialJM1984 is USC mascot materialJM1984 is USC mascot materialJM1984 is USC mascot materialJM1984 is USC mascot material

I'll take NAScar over soccer anyday.

SPURTICUS in 2012!!!
JM1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:33 PM   #45
4Ever2Thee
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2940
4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit

It would take more than a Harvard business plan, more like a national cultural awakening, the mls won't get the players until America starts giving a shit and America won't give a shit until we get the players
4Ever2Thee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:50 PM   #46
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

I can name one team in the MLS, the LA Galaxy. Unless the Tampa Rowdies are in the MLS- I do see ads for that around here.

I can name one player, that is David Beckham...and mainly because of his personal life, not his soccer.

I have no clue what the difference is between FIFA, the MLS, and the EPL...and I only know the acronym EPL from seeing it in this thread. I know FIFA because of video game titles.

I couldn't begin to tell you if the league is separated into conferences or divisions.

I have no clue when the season begins or ends.

I don't know how many games are in a season.

I couldn't guess at the price of attending a game.

I think there are more of sports fans in America like myself and I'm thankful. I don't care to know the answers for these things I don't know.

I know soccer is the most popular sport in the world. In America, it isn't...we found better things to do.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:46 PM   #47
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

JoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spurs

For me, it's hard to get into, because I can't handle that much disappointment "oh my god he's about to score, AWW! Crap, that close."
JoeMorrisonLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:03 AM   #48
Kaka
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Kaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot material

What I find more interesting about the quote is the confidence of the Harvard alumni.

"We will do it in 10 years, is Harvard stuff" Like is guaranteed that it will work.

Typical arrogant American "If we want to, we will do it."

Those are big words, like most of you say, the reality is, the big majority of Americans don't give a crap about MLS, but yet we have this Harvard guy saying most of you will in 10 years...

Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:16 PM   #49
USC Paratrooper
Recruit

Male

USC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his comb

I will never give two s*!ts about mls or any other soccer program.