CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
4Runner
kingofnerf
robgusc76
gamecockgal
Storm Of Spurs
Spurticus
ReadR00ster
CBS: SOS to Florida? (3343)
Juco QBs? (1248)
SDS grades the Furma (945)
we can STILL win the (941)
Auburn/USC point spr (858)
How do you want Aubu (754)
Whenever I Get Depre (676)
If the Head Ball Coa (593)
Mike Davis Stiff Arm (354)
When did it change ? (265)
Auburn/USC point spread
Cann tipping plays?
CBS: SOS to Florida?
Shamiek Sheppard (2014 Pr
If the Head Ball Coach re
Juco QBs?
Williams and Mitch
How do you want Auburn to
we can STILL win the east
Just started playing &quo

Old 12-09-2012, 03:02 PM   #1
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1705674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material
Default RB Shon Carson to play in Outback bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
Per TBS
Let's keep it civil this time please

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:25 PM   #2
Carolina4eva
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: RB Shon Carson to play in Outback bowl

Excited to see him play. He should be a home run threat everytime he touches the ball

Army National Guard
Carolina4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:27 PM   #3
Jdallen20
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 744
Jdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spurs

What about the redshirt?!

South Endzone
Jdallen20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:53 PM   #4
CarolinaSpur12
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 100500
CarolinaSpur12 has earned his spursCarolinaSpur12 has earned his spursCarolinaSpur12 has earned his spursCarolinaSpur12 has earned his spursCarolinaSpur12 has earned his spursCarolinaSpur12 has earned his spurs

Since we havent really gotten to see very much of him, I went back and watched his highlights. I'm hoping the coaches have seen something in him that the film doesn't show. He didn't really stand out to me football wise. But so far as baseball goes, that kid has a stick and a half at the play. Dude can rake.

CarolinaSpur12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #5
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #6
Irmo Cock
Walk On

Irmo Cock has hatched from the shell

redshirt

They already used it I believe.
Irmo Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:20 PM   #7
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

I know Shon had a wrist fracture with subsequent surgery, but why did that keep him out the whole season? Was it because the wrist limits his blocking capability? Why not some sort of brace/cast? Just curious.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:26 PM   #8
jtown86
Walk On

Male

jtown86 has hatched from the shell

maybe it has something to do with this kid being like 3rd in the state all time with rushing TDs. I may be wrong but i do believe this is tru. This kid is the total package speed and power and i cant wait to see him play
jtown86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:04 PM   #9
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilchicken2 View Post
I know Shon had a wrist fracture with subsequent surgery, but why did that keep him out the whole season? Was it because the wrist limits his blocking capability? Why not some sort of brace/cast? Just curious.
probably limited his ability to grip the ball
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:46 PM   #10
airborne09
Blue Chip

Male

airborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervous

I'm excited to see him take the field.The only thing about him i don't care for his the stutter steps as he tries to cut.
airborne09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:04 PM   #11
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

de' javu all over again.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:10 PM   #12
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Pretty cool
Old 12-10-2012, 01:41 AM   #13
Gamecock303
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 95200
Gamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaSpur12 View Post
Since we havent really gotten to see very much of him, I went back and watched his highlights. I'm hoping the coaches have seen something in him that the film doesn't show. He didn't really stand out to me football wise. But so far as baseball goes, that kid has a stick and a half at the play. Dude can rake.
from watching Shon in high school (never have really looked at his highlights) he reminds me a lot of Andre Ellington in the fact that if their lines gave either one of them a hole it was time to just sit back and watch the defense try and catch them (I believe that Shon is faster than Ellington though). But Shon also runs with a lot more power than I saw out of Ellington in high school.

but you are right...Shon has a big bat at the plate. I really think his future is on the baseball diamond (probably why he isn't really worried about burning a year of eligibility for one game, and to be honest I wouldn't be suprised if this is the last time we see him on the football field).
Gamecock303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:52 AM   #14
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by airborne09 View Post
I'm excited to see him take the field.The only thing about him i don't care for his the stutter steps as he tries to cut.
Thats his game though.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:52 AM   #15
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

nice
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:05 AM   #16
riceatusc
Misses Old Cockytalk

Male

CockyCash: 305013227
riceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to riceatusc Send a message via MSN to riceatusc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilchicken2 View Post
it takes the bone that he broke a long time to set/heal. Would've risked his sport future, whatever sport it may be.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:15 AM   #17
Emery
Game MVP

Male

Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

My belief is that with skill position players that redshirts shouldn't be used. Most will go based on one good season and if they can contribute early in any capacity then play them.

The only exception is that if a player 'can't get it' then there is no room for him to contribute but otherwise I don't care if he can contribute for just one or two plays a season.

I call this the Rice rule.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:20 AM   #18
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3574
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

I agree. If you are only going to get three years out of them you might as well get all you can out of them for those three.
Its a shame that we can't go back to the days of student athlete when a kid wanted a college scholarship to get an education and not just as a straight shot to the pros. I guess the quality of athletics is better, but the quality of student and future leaders certainly isn't improved by this.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:25 AM   #19
Emery
Game MVP

Male

Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
I agree. If you are only going to get three years out of them you might as well get all you can out of them for those three.
Its a shame that we can't go back to the days of student athlete when a kid wanted a college scholarship to get an education and not just as a straight shot to the pros. I guess the quality of athletics is better, but the quality of student and future leaders certainly isn't improved by this.
I think it's more a function of the NFL. I was a biology/chemistry major but if someone told me not only could I start the career of my dreams a year early but also get a huge cash bonus but the only caveat is that I don't my degree I would be gone.

I know most don't, but the shelf life for an athlete is limited and you can always come back to finish the degree.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:52 AM   #20
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

One thing no one has asked or mentioned at least that I've seen: Is the report that he will play or that he will be available to practice/play? If he's good enough to go ahead and log snaps right now over Kenny and/or Mike, I'm interested.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote