CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Gamecocks1137
Order 66
snruter amabon
DTGCOCKS#32
Acockolypse Now
thekob
B-G
A. Pilgrim
eightohhthree
ESPN reporter adding (3294)
SOS: No QB controve (2385)
In light of our matc (1476)
How we won the UGA g (1464)
Just read this. (1350)
If we keep winning a (731)
Neat statistic bruhh (657)
Should I move to Oxf (578)
Clemson requires sex (559)
uniforms saturday (469)
Terry Googer - new Wildca
In light of our matchup w
Vandy Fans
uniforms saturday
Neat statistic bruhhhhh
Winston
Happy National Cheeseburg
Acock's SEC Wrap Up 2014:
Places to watch Carolina
The SEC East schedule fro

Old 06-05-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to SECgamecock453
Default The Last of Us (PS3) - Naughty Dog saves the PS3 again

WOW. I was looking at nothing for the PS3 in terms of buying games anytime soon until this. Looks amazing, from the same people who did the Uncharted series. On top of this, looking at getting NCAA 13 (360), Halo 4 and Assassin's Creed III (360). Dishonored also looks quite interesting. Other than that, pretty terrible E3. I felt this game deserved it's own thread.

Last edited by CoverTwo; 06-05-2012 at 10:51 PM.
SECgamecock453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:09 AM   #2
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly
Default Re: The Last of Us (PS3) - Naughty Dog saves the PS3 again

I'm looking forward to this game. I love the Uncharted series and this looks kinda of similar in presentation and play style. From the video it doesn't look like health regenerates so that should make for an interesting play through. I just hope that it is not a pain to try and keep the girl alive, although she seems pretty useful in the video.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:37 AM   #3
DCGamecock5
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 126000149
DCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot material

I don't think they saved PS3. Not everyone has the luxury of having both PS3 and 360. So I will be getting NCAA Black Ops 2 ACIII all on PS3 just like a bunch of other people with just a PS3 will.

Naughty Dog makes amazing games though looks fun.
DCGamecock5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:26 AM   #4
mater
Class of '02

Male

CockyCash: 100380
mater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot material

Really???

You think "The Last of Us" saved the PS3....

Play God of War 3, or Uncharted 1,2, and 3..

The size/scope detailing in God of War 3 are awesome, the jungles in Uncharted 1, the snow in Uncharted 2, and the sand in Uncharted 3 are unreal. The PS3 is just fine, considering they are planning to replace it anyway.

"When a suitcase just won't do."
mater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:45 AM   #5
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly

I found this on another website.

Some pretty cool new impressions are being put up at different sites that's based on an extended 17 minute private demonstration. Apparently, the gameplay is not as linear as some may think:
Quote:
Player choice completely changes The Last of Us

Remember that incredible live gameplay session of The Last of Us we saw at Sony's press conference earlier this week? I've watched live gameplay of that same section of the game one more time since then, but it was approached with a different play style this time, and that made for a completely different experience. The Last of Us was built to change with player choice, meaning that even small decisions have the potential of setting up entirely new situations.
On that next floor, Joel finds bandages in a bathroom and uses them to tend to his wounds. In the press conference presentation, he used similar bandages and a bottle of booze to create a Molotov fire bomb instead. This shows that the player is free to choose how they use their findings, and that items found can be used offensively or defensively.
In some gameplay that went beyond the press conference demo, Joel and Ellie continue on through this next floor, using a mixture of stealth and brute force to take on a few more enemies. A standoff occurs between the last remaining scavenger and the duo, which has Joel trying to track him down, shotgun armed. Joel barely dodges a fire bomb and manages to take him out with a bullet. Moving on, Joel and Ellie try to continue on by climbing up an elevator shaft. After boosting Ellie up, the elevator falls, sending Joel several floors down into the basement, which was flooded with water.

In The Last of Us, the AI was crafted so that the humans in this world react based on what weapons you expose. They read your defenses like a poker hand and react appropriately. Group behavior in the AI has it so that all enemies are aware of each other, and they'll work together to take you down. For instance, if they find a body, they'll work together to investigate and find out who killed this person. All of this work helps to provide an experience where it will seem like you're up against other humans stuck in the same world, trying to survive.
What's exciting is that all of this comes together to make for a game that plays out differently every single time. In this demo, for example, Joel and Ellie could have taken another path toward their goal, with different items and obstacles for them to deal with. And even on the same path, with different actions, Ellie's reactions would also change, making for a different experience. The AI would have enemies also reacting differently, perhaps moving differently, or changing their tactics.

The work that Naughty Dog has put into The Last of Us could bring us an experience that goes far beyond the scripted, segmented play that we've become accustomed to. To me, that's far more exciting than the post-apocalyptic setting or cinematic presentation.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:01 AM   #6
Halltj2
Gamecock

Male

Halltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCGamecock5 View Post
I don't think they saved PS3. Not everyone has the luxury of having both PS3 and 360. So I will be getting NCAA Black Ops 2 ACIII all on PS3 just like a bunch of other people with just a PS3 will.

Naughty Dog makes amazing games though looks fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mater View Post
Really???

You think "The Last of Us" saved the PS3....

Play God of War 3, or Uncharted 1,2, and 3..

The size/scope detailing in God of War 3 are awesome, the jungles in Uncharted 1, the snow in Uncharted 2, and the sand in Uncharted 3 are unreal. The PS3 is just fine, considering they are planning to replace it anyway.
I think the OP just meant saved Sony's E3...I'm not certain though...at the very least I think he meant it's a PS3 exclusive that will be one of those games people will have to have...like Uncharted, Halo, God of War, Gears of War, etc.

But anyways, I think it looks phenomenal. Can't wait to play it. It was kind of funny that Ellen Page was in the PS3 game "Beyond" at E3 because a lot of people said the original girl sidekick in The Last of Us looked like her until they altered her a bit.
Halltj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:54 AM   #7
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

this game looks awesome....im pumped for the new god of war too
Old 06-09-2012, 10:23 AM   #8
DCGamecock5
Banned

Male

DCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halltj2 View Post
I think the OP just meant saved Sony's E3...I'm not certain though...at the very least I think he meant it's a PS3 exclusive that will be one of those games people will have to have...like Uncharted, Halo, God of War, Gears of War, etc.

But anyways, I think it looks phenomenal. Can't wait to play it. It was kind of funny that Ellen Page was in the PS3 game "Beyond" at E3 because a lot of people said the original girl sidekick in The Last of Us looked like her until they altered her a bit.
I thought Sony had a decent showing this year. A lot of Vita stuff but I messed around with the Vita a lot when I worked for EA and it's a pretty awesome little machine.

The announcement of Epic Mickey coming to PS3 is amazing to me (I know its on 360 too though) God of War is going to be good I'm sure but I don't play those games.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:44 AM   #9
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

You are missing out on not playing the God of War games. The ease of the button mashing combos, violence, decent puzzles, and cartoon boobies make those games so fun to play at least one play through.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:09 AM   #10
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
You are missing out on not playing the God of War games. The ease of the button mashing combos, violence, decent puzzles, and cartoon boobies make those games so fun to play at least one play through.
lol.....after watching the trailer for the new one i just started a new god of war 3 game on the 2nd hardest level.....damn that shit is hard

not to mention, i personally think that GoW3 is the best looking game i have ever played
Old 06-09-2012, 03:04 PM   #11
Ron Swanson
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Ron Swanson is sharpening his clawsRon Swanson is sharpening his clawsRon Swanson is sharpening his clawsRon Swanson is sharpening his claws

Since when did the PS3 need saving? Sony itself is struggling but that has nothing to do with PlayStation. PlayStation has been one of their few bright spots the last two years.

Microsoft on the other hand, has been bleeding cash from day one with the XBOX systems. When you factor in all the R&D and product costs and such, they still haven't broken even when they ventured into the console wars.
Ron Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 03:08 PM   #12
Ron Swanson
Banned

Male

Ron Swanson is sharpening his clawsRon Swanson is sharpening his clawsRon Swanson is sharpening his clawsRon Swanson is sharpening his claws

As for E3 this year, I felt it was solid. AC3, TLOU, and Madden 13 were the best of the show for me. I'm just sad that I have to wait almost a year for the South Park game The Stick of Truth.
Ron Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 03:13 PM   #13
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

this game is going to be amazing
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:36 PM   #14
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
Since when did the PS3 need saving? Sony itself is struggling but that has nothing to do with PlayStation. PlayStation has been one of their few bright spots the last two years.

Microsoft on the other hand, has been bleeding cash from day one with the XBOX systems. When you factor in all the R&D and product costs and such, they still haven't broken even when they ventured into the console wars.

Cool story.

The game looks amazing, but I hope the game play isn't similar to Heavy Rain.

The best game on the PS3 is the Uncharted series. I had to get a PS3 once I played that game.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:42 PM   #15
DCGamecock5
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
Cool story.

The best game on the PS3 is the Uncharted series. I had to get a PS3 once I played that game.

Yeah Uncharted is really great. So is Resistance, Killzone, Gran Turismo, Heavy Rain, Twisted Metal, God of War and MLB The Show. Clearly Uncharted is better than these games but there are TONS of great PS3 exclusives.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:11 PM   #16
Halltj2
Gamecock

Male

Halltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
Cool story.

It won't be anything like Heavy Rain...

You might be confusing it with Beyond. Beyond will be like Heavy Rain. The Last of Us will be like Uncharted and other great action games.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:12 PM   #17
Halltj2
Gamecock

Male

Old 07-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #18
TheGarnetKnight2
Banned

Male

TheGarnetKnight2 has hatched from the shell

God of War 3 is better than the Uncharted games. Now if you want to talk about game series that all of their series exclusively on the PS3, then I'll give you that. That's no dig at the Uncharted games at all. Great games, but GOW3 is easily the best non-sports games that has been released on the PS3.
TheGarnetKnight2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:43 PM   #19
TheGarnetKnight2
Banned

Male

TheGarnetKnight2 has hatched from the shell

Almost forgot, TLOU looks AMAZING. It's a little weird that they are using a woman who is in her late 20's early 30s with a damn sexy voice for a pre/early teen girl, but whatever. Any word on how long the story in this game will be? I love games with big action/adeventure storylines that give you some freedom in how to play.
TheGarnetKnight2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:32 PM   #20
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

Released date was announced for May 7, 2013. A good time for me since the current COD is usually becoming stale by that point for me.