CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
Spurrier_Superior_On
18IsTheMan
b381l
Order 66
catdaddy66
Clowneygotcha
NinjaSven
GoldenSpur7
gadeneer1986
Looking ahead to UGA (3243)
My Observations Abou (2858)
Gurley lined up to t (1529)
Who else wants to se (1416)
Step back from the l (1364)
Kelcy and Victor Ham (1084)
How far do we fall.. (1052)
Shaq Roland (1032)
I Am Ashamed (956)
Shon Carson at KR (853)
I Am Ashamed
Seems like a lot of troll
2015 Commitment - Michael
Should be interesting in
How far do we fall...
Confused fan here. Why i
Step back from the ledge
Looking ahead to UGA
Gurley lined up to take U
Who else wants to see Con

Old 12-09-2012, 04:54 PM   #21
Halltj2
Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 200
Halltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot material
Default Re: George - Bo - Hershel

OJ killed in his day.

Barry Sanders is my favorite.
Halltj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:57 PM   #22
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

CockyCash: 7461220
bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halltj2 View Post
OJ killed in his day.

Barry Sanders is my favorite.

Old 12-09-2012, 04:58 PM   #23
Wiz Khalifa
Blue Chip

Male

Wiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudly

Bo was the best athlete

I would say Bo or Herschel were the best RBs to play the game
Old 12-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #24
AtlGamecock3307
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
AtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPitAtlGamecock3307 rules the CockPit

I live and die with the gamecocks but im sorry G Rodgers doesnt even belong in the conversation.

I gotta go with Jim Brown and Barry Sanders
AtlGamecock3307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:07 PM   #25
dreammachine
Starter

Male

dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
To me, the legacy is decided by the overall achievement. Hershel Walker had a great NFL career. George Rogers had a good one, but would have been much better if he hadn't gotten injured.
Hershel was really a big disappointment in the NFL and never reached the potential that most people thought he would do. He could not block per NFL Standards and kind of got moved from position to position because of this.

George Rogers got drafted by the worst team in the NFL (Saints) and lead the league in rushing. That's pretty good to do when the other team knows that you are the only weapon on offense your team has. That's the reason he got beat up so badly in games and this may have lead to him not playing longer.

Who knows what records Bo Jackson could have set if he had not gotten hurt in both football and baseball. The only athlete that was as gifted or more gifted had to have been the "Great Jim Thorpe". Great college football player at a very small school. Greatest track athlete of his time and he played both major league football and baseball.
dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:23 PM   #26
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

George was the best power back out of any mentioned in this thread. The guy was awesome folks.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:36 PM   #27
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

Big George scattered people like bowling pins. I like all three of those.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:57 PM   #28
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

why arn't there backs like these guys anymore...all those guys had a rare speed and size to them.

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:47 PM   #29
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3462
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

Herschel probably owns more NFL records than most people realize. Or he did at one time. He and Scam Newton are probably two of the most athletically talented men to ever play football.
But Barry Sanders is the best running back I've seen in my 56 years.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:12 AM   #30
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICEHOCEY77 View Post
Not only is Jim Brown the best running back, he's also the best lacrosse player.
The thread is who is the best college running back......Jim Brown was great pro running back, and certainly a good college running back but I have never heard his name used as a one of the greats college RB.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:15 AM   #31
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockholio View Post
George was the best power back out of any mentioned in this thread. The guy was awesome folks.
Not as good as Earl Campbell.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:33 AM   #32
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

bo was outrageously good. power, quickness and sheer speed. i watched auburn everytime he played and expected a td on every touch. bo would win the heisman if his college career were now..he was special. the clowney of rbs.

barry sanders, herschel walker, marcus allen, billy simms..all fun too watch but bo was incredible.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:18 PM   #33
zambam
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 24050000
zambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudly

Barry Sanders didn't even start as RB until his last year. I still have the Street and Smith's season preview with Todd Ellis on the cover as a Heisman candidate and Sanders write up reads something like; "Great kick returner who may see some time at RB this year." So much for preseason predictions! He was behind some guy named Thurman Thomas until his last year
zambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:35 PM   #34
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambam View Post
Barry Sanders didn't even start as RB until his last year. I still have the Street and Smith's season preview with Todd Ellis on the cover as a Heisman candidate and Sanders write up reads something like; "Great kick returner who may see some time at RB this year." So much for preseason predictions! He was behind some guy named Thurman Thomas until his last year
Thurman Thomas played in front of him until Sanders' junior year. Other coaches knew who he was, prior to his junior year. Barry Switzer is attributed a great quote prior to playing Ok State with Thurman, "Guys, we've got a problem. You'd better hope that Thurman Thomas doesn't get hurt. You don't want to play against this freshman named Barry Sanders!"

Sports writers are always caught up in the BS stuff and don't actually see a lot of the best players.

Greatest athlete has to go to Bo. Greatest runner, I'd pick Sanders because he could make moves and stuff that no one else could. Lastly, the one that made the most out of what he was given was Walter Payton. Of those three guys, you can't go wrong in your choice.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #35
Erik
Banned

Male

Erik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet girl View Post
Big George scattered people like bowling pins. I like all three of those.
There was one Bo Jackson run, I think it was against Denver, when he off balanced lept over a guy, and while still off balanced, ran into a defender, bowled over the defender, reaquired his balance, and ran for a 50+ yard TD.

Edit: Found it

Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #36
gamecockgal
Cave Johnson's Lemons!!!!

Female

CockyCash: 1000000
gamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime843 View Post
Herschel was the best athlete! Look at his physical nature and the condition/shape he is for his age.

But we aren't talking about now.. we are talking about when they played.

Walker had a good numbers but he only played 3 years.

I would put Bo in the conversation. I agree with another poster. I bleed garnet and black and George was good but I can't put him first.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:06 PM   #37
gagent2
Walk On

Male

gagent2 has earned his spursgagent2 has earned his spursgagent2 has earned his spursgagent2 has earned his spursgagent2 has earned his spursgagent2 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
Thurman Thomas played in front of him until Sanders' junior year. Other coaches knew who he was, prior to his junior year. Barry Switzer is attributed a great quote prior to playing Ok State with Thurman, "Guys, we've got a problem. You'd better hope that Thurman Thomas doesn't get hurt. You don't want to play against this freshman named Barry Sanders!"

Sports writers are always caught up in the BS stuff and don't actually see a lot of the best players.

Greatest athlete has to go to Bo. Greatest runner, I'd pick Sanders because he could make moves and stuff that no one else could. Lastly, the one that made the most out of what he was given was Walter Payton. Of those three guys, you can't go wrong in your choice.
Pound for pound Walter Payton was the best running back. For his size he had exceptional power.
gagent2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:16 PM   #38
LeeSC
Melvin bowls...overhand.

Male

LeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
bo would win the heisman if his college career were now..he was special. the clowney of rbs.
Bo Jackson did win the Heisman.

As far as college, I have to give my vote to Herchel...the guy was a machine.
LeeSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:14 PM   #39
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagent2 View Post
Pound for pound Walter Payton was the best running back. For his size he had exceptional power.
Played college football at Jackson State with career rushing yards of 3,500. Thread is about college RB.