CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurticus
Gamecocks1137
robgusc76
GregoryHouse
Master Bedroom
The Yancey
rioninusc
qcgamecock
Travelin
B-G
Connor to be backup? (1880)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (863)
Carolina ranked #21 (646)
Gotta get Agent 0 go (583)
Miami Beach Bowl Thr (506)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (383)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (353)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (311)
Most Impactful Peopl (290)
How would a man writ (254)
Greatest Gamecock Players
Connor to be backup?
aTm demolishes Kyle Field
The Vent and Coaching cha
Strength Of The SEC &
Miami Beach Bowl Thread
Most Impactful People Inv
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Greatest Gamecock Players
2016 - Brandon McIlwain

Old 12-10-2012, 12:10 AM   #201
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Rolin to Florida

this just reminds us all that, athough we are on a historic run, we are still south carolina. uga and fla are teams capable of killing it on the recruiting fields. no shame in this.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:13 AM   #202
onamission
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1300
onamission has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
I have my own opinion. I think it has something to do with changes to come with our team after next season.
Just a bad guess but maybe it has to do with coaching changes.
onamission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:01 AM   #203
BigSteven34
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 35360615
BigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to BigSteven34

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
I have my own opinion. I think it has something to do with changes to come with our team after next season.
Can you PM me your opinion? Just curious.
BigSteven34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:07 AM   #204
BlackMagicCock
@TheCarolinaWire

Male

CockyCash: 200
BlackMagicCock is crowing loudlyBlackMagicCock is crowing loudlyBlackMagicCock is crowing loudlyBlackMagicCock is crowing loudlyBlackMagicCock is crowing loudlyBlackMagicCock is crowing loudlyBlackMagicCock is crowing loudlyBlackMagicCock is crowing loudlyBlackMagicCock is crowing loudlyBlackMagicCock is crowing loudlyBlackMagicCock is crowing loudly
Send a message via AIM to BlackMagicCock Send a message via Skype™ to BlackMagicCock

I feel like my girlfriend cheated on me...

BlackMagicCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:23 AM   #205
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material

I think that these recruits are just watching that we arent cutting it with the big games. we arent making it to the SECCG. QWe should have won florida easily and LSU was always a toss up in my book. but that still leaves us not in the SECCG or a BCS Bowl. Some of these guys just want to be stars but they need a school like florida to do that to them because they may know in their heart of hearts that they cant cut it on the field, or maybe they cant live up top the hype. Guy Like Clowney make their own legacy because they are that good.n I just hate the fact that this kid commits then runs to Florida. His parents went here and his granfather player for us and if we cant land those guys , there is something not stirring th kool-aid the right way. We have lost huge recruits this year and i dont know why. the past three years we have done well and now ummm not so much.
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:37 AM   #206
GamecockJames
4-Star

Male

GamecockJames has feathers coming inGamecockJames has feathers coming in

One hand washes the other in recruiting. Last year we got MD28 from UF. Btw one major factor that people fail to realize about schools like UF and GA is that they are in a state that is much larger highschool football wise than SC. That gives them a huge pool of in state talent to pick from. UF goes all the way to class 8A. As long as we keep our best players instate and pluck a few from across enemy lines I don't worry too much about guys like Rolin and Langely.
I'm not going to stand up here and run my mouth like that coach from the upstate does" and "I invite you to get your picutre with two trophies up here, one is the Cap. 1 Bowl trophy and the other is the state championship trophy, that trophy is not really a big deal because we win it every year now
GamecockJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:49 AM   #207
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockJames View Post
One hand washes the other in recruiting. Last year we got MD28 from UF. Btw one major factor that people fail to realize about schools like UF and GA is that they are in a state that is much larger highschool football wise than SC. That gives them a huge pool of in state talent to pick from. UF goes all the way to class 8A. As long as we keep our best players instate and pluck a few from across enemy lines I don't worry too much about guys like Rolin and Langely.
then uf shouldnt have to mess with a guy from va.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:00 AM   #208
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

What is this?!
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:00 AM   #209
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

This sucks.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:16 AM   #210
Schecter
Banned

Male

Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material

I hope everyone here also hated Mike Davis, DJ Swearinger, etc. Some of you should really think about priorities if you're letting a 17 year old ruin your day.
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:24 AM   #211
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Sucks, but it is what it is.

I'd rather have guys that are fully committed and want to be here.

Thankfully we have a ton of LB's coming in this class, but this obviously stings. The worse thing about it is how supportive he was of USC, makes the switch a bit of a head-scratcher, if not down right dubious.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:25 AM   #212
KaneisAble
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
He committed to Ga yesterday or Friday.
Where is that news? Just haven't seen it. That's really disappointing.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:27 AM   #213
KaneisAble
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schecter View Post
I hope everyone here also hated Mike Davis, DJ Swearinger, etc. Some of you should really think about priorities if you're letting a 17 year old ruin your day.
This situation is fundamentally different than MD.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:34 AM   #214
Schecter
Banned

Male

Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post
This situation is fundamentally different than MD.
How? We don't know what goes on behind closed doors.. we just assume from what we hear.
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:56 AM   #215
USCGrad2003
4-Star

Male

USCGrad2003 has feathers coming inUSCGrad2003 has feathers coming inUSCGrad2003 has feathers coming in

See yah! I'm sure he's revelling in his newfound attention. I wish this kid nothing but the best but he's wasted enough of my time.
USCGrad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:03 AM   #216
KaneisAble
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schecter View Post
How? We don't know what goes on behind closed doors.. we just assume from what we hear.
Fair point, but Davis wasn't a Florida legacy, didn't have surgery performed by Florida's doctor, etc. Davis was told (from what we know) that they weren't recruiting any other RBs and they were. Rolin plays a position where multiple players are on the field at the same time and, as far as we know, (which you point out, may not be all there is to it) wasn't promised anything.

In the Davis analogy we're Mike Davis and Florida is Rolin. So maybe they deserve each other.

If he had flipped to Va Tech or FSU it wouldn't have been as big a deal. I think, on a fundamental level, it hurts because he portrayed himself as one of us and then at the last minute decided Florida was better. And despite our current success, we still have a little brother mentality w/ Florida and Georgia, so it stings even more because it feels like it confirms our worst fears: that we're not as good (and may never be) as those programs.

I actually think the actual on the field football impact of this isn't as severe as the current emotional impact. Langley hurts more, and Nagouke would actually work out better, particularly immediately. He's also a better athlete overall. The personal aspect of this cannot be overstated.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:25 AM   #217
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000052205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post
Where is that news? Just haven't seen it. That's really disappointing.
Read it in either tbs or GCC a day or so ago. It also said they didn't know why Ga even offered because Bookers academics were likely to come up short.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:33 AM   #218
KaneisAble
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Read it in either tbs or GCC a day or so ago. It also said they didn't know why Ga even offered because Bookers academics were likely to come up short.
Yeah, that doesn't make sense. I think he's a stud, and seeing him in UGA jersey would be a heartbreaker.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:21 AM   #219
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
this just reminds us all that, athough we are on a historic run, we are still south carolina. uga and fla are teams capable of killing it on the recruiting fields. no shame in this.
We win 2 games. 2011 AU, 2012 UF and we keep these guys. Maybe not all but, wait, I stand by my comment. We keep them all.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:13 AM   #220
COCKYWOOD
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

What coaching changes? I've read nothing of us losing anyone.
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote