CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
catdaddy66
Thenardier
G&B
b381l
spareparts
sporkgod50
GoldenSpur7
ReadR00ster
Cockypantherfan
Gyle41386
**USC vs. Davidson G (4672)
SEC Network "Ta (1492)
Sunday college footb (485)
Early Pre-Season wom (470)
So who was the dude (447)
Ole Miss Projected R (446)
Acock reviews the SE (433)
Kentucky Inmate Star (419)
Get the SEC Network (416)
Tennessee hires Donn (400)
**USC vs. Davidson GAME T
Does anyone have a link t
Kelcy and Vic questioned
2001 vs Sandstorm
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
SEC Network "Take It
Name a Gamecock
Ole Miss Projected RT Sta
FACIAL
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!

Old 12-10-2012, 09:35 AM   #221
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Rolin to Florida

Wasn't handled well by him at all. A kid should be able to go where he wants but, it is much better to decommit, when you're having doubts, so both staffs are aware of what is going on. Carlos dunlap was handled alot better if that is any comparison for him. Hope he recovers fully from the knee, but that is about the extent of the well wishing from me.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:39 AM   #222
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by onamission View Post
Just a bad guess but maybe it has to do with coaching changes.
If we were going to have ANY coaching changes, I'm pretty sure we would have known by now, especially with the two major coaches already having been considered for head coaching jobs and turned them down to stay (Ward & Elliott).

Pretty sure Elliott was Rolin's recruiter, correct?
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:52 AM   #223
CockaThaWalk
Kick Dawgs Peel Taters

Male

CockyCash: 500
CockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervous

Good riddance. Kids with the attention span of a Jack Russell will commit to the new shiny toy every time. Legacies have pride, he has none. Much better kids out there to rep Gamecock Nation.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #224
86 GradCock
7 Year Plan

Male

CockyCash: 1450
86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly

Any chance that the coaching staff may have cooled on him? I haven't heard anything, but it is a logical conclusion given the kid seemed to be 100% Gamecock. With his injury likely delaying him from contributing and the scholly reductions we now face, I could see this as a situation where the coaches leveled with Rolin as to his chances for meaningful PT.

The inferiority complex that some fans seem to attribute to the program couldn't be further from reality at this point. USC has turned the corner in grand fashion and I trust Spurrier and company to move us in the right direction.
86 GradCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:39 AM   #225
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Bottom line, is with his injury, there was no way he was beating out Bryant on the depth chart and he knew it. Lets put this scholly to use on a player that 1) wants to be here, and 2) can make an impact contribute right way.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #226
CampusPolice
To Protect and Serve

Male

CockyCash: 2200
CampusPolice is sharpening his clawsCampusPolice is sharpening his clawsCampusPolice is sharpening his clawsCampusPolice is sharpening his clawsCampusPolice is sharpening his claws

If he doesn't want us then we don't want him.

Que sera, sera. Life goes on. The guy IS NOT that big of a deal.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #227
SCohioBoy
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

My 2 cents. I have no problem with a kid changing his mind, however him being full Gamecock for a long time it does sting. If he truely opened it up after getting a post card, then see ya later, that is pretty damn lame. Also change your damn twitter handle, you are not usc_9 anymore. If he really thought the coaches didn't care or whatever, I have news for you, once you get on campus you are just another player. Use our Doc for your surgery then go to another school. Look I wish no ill will, but the media has made these kids superstars, and their heads are getting bigger and bigger
Old 12-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #228
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

Situations like this make a complete mockery of the word commitment. I was really looking forward to this dude coming to USC...but he kinda went out like a *****
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:51 PM   #229
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86 GradCock View Post
Any chance that the coaching staff may have cooled on him? I haven't heard anything, but it is a logical conclusion given the kid seemed to be 100% Gamecock. With his injury likely delaying him from contributing and the scholly reductions we now face, I could see this as a situation where the coaches leveled with Rolin as to his chances for meaningful PT.

The inferiority complex that some fans seem to attribute to the program couldn't be further from reality at this point. USC has turned the corner in grand fashion and I trust Spurrier and company to move us in the right direction.
Several of our Coaches were not sold on him being a LB and thought it was a matter of time before he was moved to TE.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #230
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

StretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his comb

I can't decide if I should laugh at those attacking him on Twitter or feel sorry for them. The kid wants to go to Florida. If he doesn't want to be at SC, then he shouldn't go to SC. Although, he hasn't handled this process that well.
StretfordEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:14 PM   #231
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by StretfordEnd View Post
I can't decide if I should laugh at those attacking him on Twitter or feel sorry for them. The kid wants to go to Florida. If he doesn't want to be at SC, then he shouldn't go to SC. Although, he hasn't handled this process that well.
The access that twitter provides has made the whole process even crazier than it already was...and it was already pretty crazy. I don't use twitter but I can only imagine what is being said. I do think it is a two way street though. It sounds like this dude was eating up all of the attention and love he was getting from USC fans..and to think there would not be any backlash from pimping a team he was supposedly "committed" to and switching to a conference rival is funny. Grown men attacking him on twitter should be ashamed..but the recruits can't have it both ways either.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:32 PM   #232
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

StretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Chicken View Post
The access that twitter provides has made the whole process even crazier than it already was...and it was already pretty crazy. I don't use twitter but I can only imagine what is being said. I do think it is a two way street though. It sounds like this dude was eating up all of the attention and love he was getting from USC fans..and to think there would not be any backlash from pimping a team he was supposedly "committed" to and switching to a conference rival is funny. Grown men attacking him on twitter should be ashamed..but the recruits can't have it both ways either.
Agreed.

While I don't think it's right for anyone to be attacking him, he has brought it on himself by being a bit dishonest about his commitment level. IIRC, he was laughing at people on Twitter this week for even questioning his commitment level to SC. He was "all-Gamecock". All of a sudden, he's "all-Gator". Anyone that has attacked him on Twitter should get a life, but I can't say I necessarily blame people for being a bit disappointed. People believed what he said, and he went against his word. Unfortunately, that's part of recruiting. Either way, I'm not going to let what some 17 year-old kid decides to do with his life change how my day is going.
StretfordEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:34 PM   #233
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Several of our Coaches were not sold on him being a LB and thought it was a matter of time before he was moved to TE.

Link? I have a hard time believing that.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:44 PM   #234
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Chicken View Post
Situations like this make a complete mockery of the word commitment. I was really looking forward to this dude coming to USC...but he kinda went out like a *****
Not really. I think it would make a mockery of the word "blood oath." you can be "committed" to something for a time, but then it runs it's course. You can be "committed" to a girlfriend and loyal to her, but then you can realize that she is not one. That is basically what happened here. So let's stop acting like the crazy chick that got dumped.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:48 PM   #235
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Not really. I think it would make a mockery of the word "blood oath." you can be "committed" to something for a time, but then it runs it's course. You can be "committed" to a girlfriend and loyal to her, but then you can realize that she is not one. That is basically what happened here. So let's stop acting like the crazy chick that got dumped.

lol, maybe you should look up the word commitment again buddy. I won't lose any sleep over this..but don't act like Rolin handled the situation with class
Old 12-10-2012, 01:58 PM   #236
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

For those who think we gave him a big discount on the surgery, I seriously doubt that since it would be a NCAA infraction. Plus, his health insurance probably covered the cost of the surgery.

And for those who are attacking him on Twitter, GROW UP! He is a high school kid, so don't let his decision upset you so much to the point to where you attack him directly. If you need to vent, let it out here where others might share your frustrations.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:23 PM   #237
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Just for curiosity, I tried to pull up his profile pge on Twitter. It seems he has changed his handle to @Rolin_9. Interestingly enough (this means nothing people!), his profile wallpaper is still gamecock.

And just to explore a ridiculously far-fetched idea on this defection, I wonder if his jersey number came into play in the decision. The only reason I wonder is because he made it a point to write, "I will be wearing #9 as I continue to chase my dreams..."

I honestly don't think it was a factor at all, but there are currently two players who wear #9. As we all know, there are duplicate numbers all over the roster, but these two players are Sharrod Golightly and Kwinton Smith, both of whom have really good chances for significant playing time/roles on the team.

Because these players represent offense and defense, it stands to reason that Rolin wouldn't be able to have #9 at South Carolina. Furthermore, even if he were to get the number, because of the way the rule is, Rolin wouldn't be able to be on the field if either of these two are playing. I only mention both because of the chatter about the possibility of Rolin moving to TE eventually.

Like I said, I don't think it played a part at all, but just something to throw out for those who want to find a reason to be upset even more.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:26 PM   #238
GamecockJames
4-Star

Male

GamecockJames has feathers coming inGamecockJames has feathers coming in

Quote:
then uf shouldnt have to mess with a guy from va.
LOL UF doesn't have to mess with Rolin. They already have three guys at his position rated higher than he is if I'm correct.

They only messed with with Rolin because he allowed them to do so. I don't know what they told him but it must have been pretty sweet. If a guys 100% committed other programs will realize this and back off. At this point the guy is nothing more than added depth and will not be able to play this season that means by this time next yr UF may have another stud linebacker coming in even better.

Moreover, if this all started over a card I got to say good riddance. That has all the makings of a me first type of guy and we don't need that in the locker room.
I'm not going to stand up here and run my mouth like that coach from the upstate does" and "I invite you to get your picutre with two trophies up here, one is the Cap. 1 Bowl trophy and the other is the state championship trophy, that trophy is not really a big deal because we win it every year now
GamecockJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:33 PM   #239
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Link? I have a hard time believing that.
TBS...talking about this today.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:49 PM   #240
CockTail
Two Deep

Male

CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

In talking to some of my Gator friends, UF is concerned that he may flip back, and were suprised that he flipped in the first place. I am not saying he will or that we would even still have an offer for him, but this came from left field as far as they are concerned as well.