CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
ZenUSC
WeStillOwnUSC
Coulwoodwarlord
Yearofthegamecock
gamecock88
TAFC 5 1981
LeeSC
Regalcock
Kentucky prediction (2089)
Just Booked my Hotel (1397)
Best position coach (803)
Waldrop doubtful for (776)
The New Idea That'll (698)
So What? (692)
We Have A New KO Guy (531)
Serial Cat Killer Ca (426)
So What? (267)
Optimism? Week 1-4 o (266)
Thoughts on the basketbal
2016 - Rozelle Nix
I'm over the loss, but...
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2
QB Recruiting Strategy
What fish do you eat
Best position coach or co
Waldrop doubtful for Kent
2016 - Tavien Feaster
2015 Commitment - Jaire A

Old 12-10-2012, 01:36 PM   #41
ChuckyCock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
ChuckyCock is developing his combChuckyCock is developing his combChuckyCock is developing his combChuckyCock is developing his combChuckyCock is developing his combChuckyCock is developing his combChuckyCock is developing his combChuckyCock is developing his combChuckyCock is developing his combChuckyCock is developing his comb
Default Re: Lattimore to NFL

Absolutely the right move. Marcus, go get yourself healthy and then wreck some NFL defenses!

Thank you for being the spearhead of a new winning attitude for the Gamecocks both on and off the field. Best wishes for your future - I know I'm not the only one who will be watching and pulling for you no matter where you land.

In the words of the Mighty Sound of the Southeast - WE <heart> 21!!!
ChuckyCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #42
hubbarjm
Count of Monte Fisto

Male

hubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talons

I dont quite understand the timing of his decision. I mean in my opinion he should have took all next year to rehab then gone to pro day and NFL combine for 2014 draft. I mean any team that takes him now has got to be nuts.

I love Lattimore but I think he should have waited until next years draft this move puzzles me. I don't see how any team will take him lower than the 5th round under his current state. Now if he had taken the year and come back and blown the combine and pro-day out the water he could have increased his draft stock. I do agree that he should never suit up as a Gamecock again tho hes paid his debt to us.
hubbarjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #43
mick66
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1982Gamecock View Post
Wow....just heard from a friend who's got pretty close ties to the program (I know, don't they all!). He said the pronosticators are projecting him still in the 1st round- that would be incredible!
Really hope that projection is right if he is indeed going to declare for the draft, but I'd think he wouldn't go much earlier than round 4 and could slip all the way to free agent depending on the medical reports. New England or some other well-run organization would seem to be best bets, as they are great at finding those value picks. (That counts out the Panthers/Bengals )
mick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:44 PM   #44
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly

I have never cared for the NFL but with Latti going pro I might have to be a fan of the team he goes too!! Soo thankful he picked The University of South Carolina and I wish him nothing but the best in his future!! Here is to a healthy and long NFL career
Old 12-10-2012, 01:48 PM   #45
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Dang...could have had the Heisman with one complete season after his freshman year.

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #46
cockybynature
Recruit

Male

cockybynature has hatched from the shell

When I blogged about it FIRST a few weeks ago, after talking with someone who had personally talked to ML, I was told I was crazy. I am not an insider, never claimed to be, but I do have a few friends here and there. Then almost two days later Phil Kornblutt and the big name pundits said it and everyone believed it. I guess I was right (and first). For the person who called me an idiot and just trying to start false rumors, this is for you.

http://scgamecockfootball.com/2012/1...mp-to-nfl-now/
cockybynature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #47
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

Spurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudly

Solid and logical decision. No matter where he goes, I'll proudly wear his NFL jersey. He's one of a kind, and among the very best to wear the garnet and black.

It hurts that his career here never reached its full potential because of two freak accidents. Good luck and thanks for everything, Marcus!
Old 12-10-2012, 01:53 PM   #48
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbarjm View Post
I dont quite understand the timing of his decision. I mean in my opinion he should have took all next year to rehab then gone to pro day and NFL combine for 2014 draft. I mean any team that takes him now has got to be nuts.

I love Lattimore but I think he should have waited until next years draft this move puzzles me. I don't see how any team will take him lower than the 5th round under his current state. Now if he had taken the year and come back and blown the combine and pro-day out the water he could have increased his draft stock. I do agree that he should never suit up as a Gamecock again tho hes paid his debt to us.
He is going to get paid to rehab with the best team doctors. Yes he could potentially get more if he rehabbed a year and blew the combine up however he will be in position to get a better second contract a year earlier which is key with rb longevity. He is also helping USC by not tieing up a key limited roster spot. Should also help land a rb. I forget his name. This is the right decision. Have heard some saying he could still be a second round pick thats insane if true. He would be a hell of a fourth or fifth round pick
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #49
SwampFox
1st Team All-American

Male

SwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot material

Quote:
It is a shame he was targeted by players intent on knocking him out of the game, because he could've won the Heisman this year with such a week pool to pick from.
Fixed

Scotland Forever

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.u...eum/index.html
SwampFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:59 PM   #50
jcook84
Face Melter

Male

CockyCash: 2300
jcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudly

Redskins will more than likely be targetting a RB with their 4th round pick.

If they pick Marcus it will be the absolute best thing that could happen to this USC/Redskins fan...and it would honestly be a good situation for Marcus, as well. By the time he is ready to hit the field, Alfred Morris' rookie contract will be expiring.
jcook84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:03 PM   #51
Teamneil
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 541
Teamneil is developing his combTeamneil is developing his combTeamneil is developing his combTeamneil is developing his combTeamneil is developing his combTeamneil is developing his combTeamneil is developing his combTeamneil is developing his combTeamneil is developing his comb

This is what is best for Latti. I will miss his leadership and spirit. I love this clip, about the only person who could tackle Ace around 25 seconds.

http://youtu.be/GxgQMQlNw00
Old 12-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #52
Carolina Pride
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talons

I know the last thing we need is another running back, but man would I like to see Latti in a Panther's uniform
Old 12-10-2012, 02:08 PM   #53
bcolinc
Blue Chip

Male

bcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudly

Just saw it on gamecockcentral as well
Old 12-10-2012, 02:11 PM   #54
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

What? No bickering at all in this thread?

Once again, the power of Lattimore on display.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:12 PM   #55
92Pony
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 588
92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamneil View Post
This is what is best for Latti. I will miss his leadership and spirit. I love this clip, about the only person who could tackle Ace around 25 seconds.

http://youtu.be/GxgQMQlNw00

Hahahaa! Yep, you got it! Love that clip!!

Latti rarely shows a whole lot of emotion on the field, but he was fired-up/happy on that play..... a play that he didn't even make, but was fired-up for his team/teammate.
92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #56
TheManInBlack
Recruit

TheManInBlack is making other chickens nervousTheManInBlack is making other chickens nervousTheManInBlack is making other chickens nervousTheManInBlack is making other chickens nervousTheManInBlack is making other chickens nervousTheManInBlack is making other chickens nervousTheManInBlack is making other chickens nervous

Go get some money Gamecock! We are all pulling for you.
TheManInBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:17 PM   #57
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

Go make money, then come back and coach our backs.
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:19 PM   #58
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcook84 View Post
Redskins will more than likely be targetting a RB with their 4th round pick.

If they pick Marcus it will be the absolute best thing that could happen to this USC/Redskins fan...and it would honestly be a good situation for Marcus, as well. By the time he is ready to hit the field, Alfred Morris' rookie contract will be expiring.
I thought about him going there as well since the skins have incorporated the zone read with rg3
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:21 PM   #59
Herbie3
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 13641
Herbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot material

If NFL doesn't workout for you, there's always Head Coach in-waiting job with your name on it at Carolina!
Herbie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:33 PM   #60
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

This breaks my heart.

Not because I think it's a bad decision, but because if anyone deserves to be a first round pick, it's Marcus. It's tragic that circumstances beyond his control robbed him of the ability to leave with the accolades and hype he deserves.

I feel very strongly, however, that he'll succeed regardless of what round, and what team, picks him.