CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Spurticus
TAFC 5 1981
sanford
smoovecock
usc1
gamecockgal
StormOfTalons
robgusc76
Gamecockfanatic4
Top 10 Reasons Why T (2169)
Jaguars Justin Black (841)
Spurrier vs Saban (770)
Kansas to invest $75 (745)
When does fall pract (721)
Frank Caliendo + Mor (265)
An Air Algerie Fligh (264)
Anyone Switching to (253)
Expect A Healthy Dos (229)
Darth Vader 'Vette (182)
Stephen Garcia AMA on Red
2015 - Nathan Gilliam
2015 - Amonte Caban
Baseball Recruiting Threa
Places to eat in Conway?
Spurrier vs Saban
Another A&M aggie off
Coach's media golf press
Gamecock Showcase Attende
college football match up

Old 12-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #41
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

CockyCash: 500
snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clowney comes in 6th on the Heisman Ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGamecock View Post
Well to be honest the guy isn't the best defensive player I have ever seen. With that said, without that sob story he has (which imo is really sad) he probably wouldn't have been there. Either way the Notre Dame staff probably set him up for that fall, filling his head with nonsense. Even my grandmother knew Manziel would win it.
this is the truest statement in the thread. and it blows my mind that he can even come in second with what, 1.5 sacks and other very modest stats. the int's that i saw were more a case of being in the right place at the right time.
this whole sob story thing is a very disturbing trend in this country right now. we don't judge people solely on talent or performance anymore. the idiotic media has changed that forever. it is always about their sob stories now. it's the common theme of all of these singing competition shows, sports and other contests. our society is turning into a "housewife" mentality where the soap opera is more important than the actual accomplishment.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:59 PM   #42
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Based on talent, performance, and the eye test (dominanting games), JD should have won.. Only DE I have ever seen that 95-99% of plays he was in he was a major impact (pressure, sack, TFL, tackle, breaking up a play, forcing quick pass, etc)

And to all those media idiots saying, "Well Manziel had better stats than Cam or Tebow, he must win!"

....uh no, he did not actually, and that does not mean that he should anyways. He had more total yards, yes, but that is a highly irrelevant stat. Cam Newton dwarfed him in total TDs, almost having more rushing TDs than JM had passing!

So the media is lying to everyone when they act like JM had better years than Teeb or Cam and that only fueled his hype. I guarantee that TAMU finishes 3rd in the SEC West next year, and that JD clowns the hell out of Manziel, causing all to question if he really was the best player in football.

PS: Manti getting the Lott (along with 15 other awards), makes this by far the worst award season ever for college ftball.. dominated by two feel good stories instead of the best players... was the talent really that low this year?
Old 12-10-2012, 05:20 PM   #43
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

If USC takes care of business on the field next year...which I expect them to..and Clowney has the kind of year I expect him to..he should definitely be in NY for the ceremony. I was almost expecting to see his name when they showed the top 5 on the broadcast...wasn't too far off
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:12 PM   #44
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 200
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Did SOS say who was on his ballot?

There are 928 ballots. Johnny M. was on 829 ballots. Not sure how many ballots were received. Just thought it interesting that nearly 99 voters didnt think he was in the top 3.

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #45
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

I was surprised at the top three. It looked thin to me, but I am not even close to expert. Johnny probably got all SEC votes. I do wonder about Steve and George. Knowing Big George, he might tell who he selected. Pollack said Clowney deserved it. #6 is good for a sophomore. He will be a monster next season. I see him in NYC. He is much better than Suh. He might not have had enough drama in his life for a three hour presentation like Tao.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #46
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

The Lott award was probably the only award Te'o was worthy of.
Goes to the player with strong Academic work, community involvement and team leadership.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:40 PM   #47
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
The Lott award was probably the only award Te'o was worthy of.
Goes to the player with strong Academic work, community involvement and team leadership.

Ah, the website I saw listing the Awards not disclose thus.. Is that the TEAM one?
Old 12-10-2012, 09:57 PM   #48
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
Ah, the website I saw listing the Awards not disclose thus.. Is that the TEAM one?
No,

But if you saw the finalists you'd realize this was a different award.

#LukeForMod

Old 12-11-2012, 01:00 PM   #49
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
Based on talent, performance, and the eye test (dominanting games), JD should have won.. Only DE I have ever seen that 95-99% of plays he was in he was a major impact (pressure, sack, TFL, tackle, breaking up a play, forcing quick pass, etc)

And to all those media idiots saying, "Well Manziel had better stats than Cam or Tebow, he must win!"

....uh no, he did not actually, and that does not mean that he should anyways. He had more total yards, yes, but that is a highly irrelevant stat. Cam Newton dwarfed him in total TDs, almost having more rushing TDs than JM had passing!

So the media is lying to everyone when they act like JM had better years than Teeb or Cam and that only fueled his hype. I guarantee that TAMU finishes 3rd in the SEC West next year, and that JD clowns the hell out of Manziel, causing all to question if he really was the best player in football.

PS: Manti getting the Lott (along with 15 other awards), makes this by far the worst award season ever for college ftball.. dominated by two feel good stories instead of the best players... was the talent really that low this year?
I totally agree. JD was way better than MT on the defensive side of the ball.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:03 PM   #50
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
No,

But if you saw the finalists you'd realize this was a different award.

Did not, just saw TEo's name
Old 12-11-2012, 01:49 PM   #51
jcook84
Face Melter

Male

CockyCash: 2300
jcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopcockycock View Post
this is the truest statement in the thread. and it blows my mind that he can even come in second with what, 1.5 sacks and other very modest stats. the int's that i saw were more a case of being in the right place at the right time.
this whole sob story thing is a very disturbing trend in this country right now. we don't judge people solely on talent or performance anymore. the idiotic media has changed that forever. it is always about their sob stories now. it's the common theme of all of these singing competition shows, sports and other contests. our society is turning into a "housewife" mentality where the soap opera is more important than the actual accomplishment.
Excellent post that I agree with 100%. Point was proven when my wife asked me this past weekend who the Hawai'ian guy was...I explained to her that he was a LB from Notre Dame and then had to justify his being at the Heisman ceremony by telling her his sob story. She promptly said, "Aww, I want him to win.".

What I've seen no one mention about the Heisman is that a huge chunk of it is hype and publicity. If the media wants you there, you'll be there (i.e. Te'o/Honey Badger), even if you don't really belong. In almost everyone's opinion, Clowney will be the best player in football next year. He's been highly touted since stepping on campus, and won't require an other-worldly statistical season next year to get to NY...He'll be aided by the media hype machine. If his 2013 season equals his 2012 season, he'll be a finalist. If he improves his stats at all, I could totally see him winning. He's going to go into his junior year with more hype than any defensive player that I can remember, ever. The best part is that he's ours and 100% deserving of every second of attention he gets.

Clowney for Heisman, 2013!
jcook84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:58 PM   #52
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 7700
2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGamecock View Post
Player 1st 2nd 3rd Total
J. Manziel, Texas A&M 474 252 103 2,029
Manti Te'o, Notre Dame 321 309 125 1,706
Collin Klein, Kansas St. 60 197 320 894
Marquise Lee, USC 19 33 84 207
B. Miller, Ohio State 3 29 77 144
J. Clowney, S. Carolina 4 13 23 61
You put Clowney on the field with any of these guys and it will be easy to see who the best player in college football is....
2four2Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:58 AM   #53
Jeff45ACP
I give girls the finger

Male

CockyCash: 6300
Jeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff45ACP

Yahoo getting on the Clowney for Heisman again for the next season

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...W9ucw--;_ylv=3
Old 12-12-2012, 02:15 AM   #54
Cockyhard
Blue Chip

Male

Cockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his comb

ughhh.... clowney is the best defender in the country ... we all know that... but i dont think we will ever have a "true" defender win it.... all of us love this kid.. but we have garnet colored glasses on... he will win all defensive trophies out there... and probably be the number 1 pick ... but the heisman.... i doubt

Is football season here yet???
Cockyhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:55 AM   #55
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Have the taters ever had anyone that finished in the top 5 in balloting for the Heisman. I'll hang up and listen you your answer.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:30 AM   #56
Cockyhard
Blue Chip

Male

Cockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his comb

nope... as far as i can tell there isnt anyone...

Is football season here yet???
Cockyhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:36 AM   #57
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff45ACP View Post
Yahoo getting on the Clowney for Heisman again for the next season

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...W9ucw--;_ylv=3
Let the Campaign begin.
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:25 AM   #58
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Have the taters ever had anyone that finished in the top 5 in balloting for the Heisman. I'll hang up and listen you your answer.
I think the highest is spiller 6th

#LukeForMod