CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
Aggie96
Gamecocks1137
rolinb1
Cockypantherfan
jebodiah
b381l
ACPhilson
Gamecock in TX
Lonnie
2016 Commitment - Ja (2438)
Aggie Statistics (1161)
TJ Holloman (1028)
Gameday Garnet Polo (1027)
Spurrier accepts coc (926)
They are coming to y (885)
Free furniture if A& (608)
We lost a great Game (431)
How are we feeling a (357)
2013 game vs TN is o (322)
Connor Shaw Browns
How are we feeling about
QB Kenny Hill named start
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Official SEC Network and
Spurrier accepts cockys c
texags
Favorite Gamecock of all-
Asheville/Spartanburg eat
TJ Holloman

Old 12-10-2012, 12:02 PM   #21
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material
Default Re: RB Shon Carson to play in Outback bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
One thing no one has asked or mentioned at least that I've seen: Is the report that he will play or that he will be available to practice/play? If he's good enough to go ahead and log snaps right now over Kenny and/or Mike, I'm interested.
Shon is not as good as Kenny or Mike, but he does bring another dimension they don't have. Shon has the speed and is shifty enough to shake the defenders and keep them on their toes. I do see him playing as he doesn't want to be in college for six years, so the coaches will give him PT to make up for burning his medical redshirt (my thoughts).
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:03 PM   #22
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Would like to see him return kicks. I think he would provide more 'pop' than Bruce.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #23
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

So what's the deal here?
Didn't we red shirt him last year? And this year he gained a medical hardship?

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:36 PM   #24
CockLurker
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 7920
CockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser24 View Post
Shon is not as good as Kenny or Mike
o rly? Weird how the coaches felt the exact opposite when he was ahead of both on the depth chart.
CockLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:38 PM   #25
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
So what's the deal here?
Could have gained. Once he plays, that is out the window and he will be a RS Soph in 2013.

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 12-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #26
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

This is probably the best move for him because we are always going to bring in talented running backs and it could end up being a numbers game. Get playing time while you can to refresh the coaches' minds of what you are capable of.

I think if he can returns some kicks and gets some screen/swing passes .. maybe a sprint draw or two .. it would be a good start for him.

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 12-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #27
jtown86
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
jtown86 has hatched from the shell

i dont know if anyone has bought this up but do you guys think that this is a game the coaches want to see What this young guy can do. Rumor have been flaring that Marcus will enter the draft so this may be a test so the coaches know what they have to work with next year. I mean the kid is healthy and he wants to play. By all means if the coaches see it in him let him play. I mean with all these comments about him burning his hardship waiver just sounds selfish if you ask me. We will continue to recruit and i for one want to see what the kid can do. Get out there and run your butt off Shon and make your doubters into believers. LC stand up
jtown86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:46 AM   #28
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Shon is not as good as Kenny or Mike, but he does bring another dimension they don't have. Shon has the speed and is shifty enough to shake the defenders and keep them on their toes. I do see him playing as he doesn't want to be in college for six years, so the coaches will give him PT to make up for burning his medical redshirt (my thoughts).
dumbest thing i have ever seen you post, by far!!!!!!! he is much better than both, and beat them out before being hurt; wilds twice! have you not kept up? coaches see what he has, and marcus named him above everyone else when asked about them as freshmen. keep up man.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:36 AM   #29
doccock
Super Doc

Male

doccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
So what's the deal here?
He was injured in a game last year so no he did not redshirt. He applied for a hardship after the season.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:03 AM   #30
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Uhh....he was ahead of both of them on the depth chart.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:18 AM   #31
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by doccock View Post
He was injured in a game last year so no he did not redshirt. He applied for a hardship after the season.
Yea but he didn't play in a certain % of games so he was a medical redshirt after the injury last year

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:49 AM   #32
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's

Male

CockyCash: 600
cocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtown86 View Post
i dont know if anyone has bought this up but do you guys think that this is a game the coaches want to see What this young guy can do. Rumor have been flaring that Marcus will enter the draft so this may be a test so the coaches know what they have to work with next year. I mean the kid is healthy and he wants to play. By all means if the coaches see it in him let him play. I mean with all these comments about him burning his hardship waiver just sounds selfish if you ask me. We will continue to recruit and i for one want to see what the kid can do. Get out there and run your butt off Shon and make your doubters into believers. LC stand up
THIS

ďOf course, itís a bit of a jump, isnít it? I mean, erÖ chartered accountancy to lion taming in one go. You donít think it might be better if you worked your way towards lion taming, say via banking or insurance?"
cocknblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:25 AM   #33
DJ35
4-Star

Male

DJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post
Uhh....he was ahead of both of them on the depth chart.
This... And not by mistake. Barring any other kind of freak thing happening, Shon Carson will be the starting TB next season. This kid is REALLY good.
DJ35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:38 PM   #34
jtown86
Walk On

Male

jtown86 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocknblue View Post
THIS

and this has some truth to it in my own opinion. This kid is a sleeper that we will all fall in love with just like marcus giving the opportunity without injuries
jtown86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:07 PM   #35
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

too often people pigeonhole shorter backs as simply scatbacks. i think it would be a mistake to put him in the game and only call pitches or outside runs. he's built like those great 90's nfl backs (b.sanders, e.smith, t.thomas) and he has elite cutting ability.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #36
gamecockphilip
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1450
gamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPitgamecockphilip rules the CockPit

can't wait to see shon!!!!!
gamecockphilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:15 PM   #37
chi3fcocksman
Fanatic

Male

CockyCash: 100302
chi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphilip View Post
can't wait to see shon!!!!!
Yeah I watched some of his high school Videos he's a player can't wait to see him show out come Jan 1.