CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecockgal
Badazcock
spareparts
18IsTheMan
Gamecocks1137
Spotter22
Spurrier_Superior_On
trapper82
NineInchSpurs
2000grad
Mike Davis (2780)
Terrible Officiating (1668)
Cack's Toast of the (1523)
USC -21 and a hook @ (1158)
Acock's Wrap Up: Geo (1127)
If (big IF) we can w (954)
No Gurley near the g (912)
How the top 25 SHOUL (762)
Elliott Fry crushes (753)
USC vs Mizzou on CBS (746)
Elliott Fry crushes Clems
20 of 31 former players s
If (big IF) we can win bi
Malcolm Mitchell
Mike Davis
Really excited to visit t
Acock's Wrap Up: Georgia
carolina vs clemson ticke
Defense v. Vanderbilt
No Gurley near the goal l

Old 12-10-2012, 02:41 PM   #61
CocksB2BChamps24
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 800
CocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Skype™ to CocksB2BChamps24
Default Re: Lattimore to NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamneil View Post
This is what is best for Latti. I will miss his leadership and spirit. I love this clip, about the only person who could tackle Ace around 25 seconds.

http://youtu.be/GxgQMQlNw00
I had never seen that before, thanks. Truly shows what a teammate Marcus was. Going to miss that man. Best of luck in the NFL.

3-0 in Eath Valley.
1996. 2010. 2012.
CocksB2BChamps24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #62
rrsandersjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
rrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his comb

There will be other Marcus the players but Marcus the person is once in a lifetime. We have never had the combination of talent, leadership and character in one player. Mr Lattimore you have indeed set the bar high and our coaches can use your example to motivate current and future Gamecocks alike. FOREVER TO THEE MARCUS!!!
rrsandersjr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:47 PM   #63
jomo
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
jomo has earned his spursjomo has earned his spursjomo has earned his spursjomo has earned his spursjomo has earned his spursjomo has earned his spurs

jomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:49 PM   #64
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamneil View Post
This is what is best for Latti. I will miss his leadership and spirit. I love this clip, about the only person who could tackle Ace around 25 seconds.

http://youtu.be/GxgQMQlNw00
Haha, did he knock Ace's shoe off?
Old 12-10-2012, 03:15 PM   #65
USCGrad2003
4-Star

Male

USCGrad2003 has feathers coming inUSCGrad2003 has feathers coming inUSCGrad2003 has feathers coming in

Great decision by Marcus! He's the epitome of a student athlete and the heart, courage and passion that he's shown while here as a student is part of the reason he will forever be one of the greats. He did more than most... he breathed life into our program. He single-handedly changed the way Spurrier ran this team and he did it while being the utmost perfect role model anyone could ask for. I pray that you have much success following your dream Marcus!
USCGrad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #66
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

Did he get his degree? Just wondering due all the stuff said about not being able to coach without.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #67
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material

Love this dude like a cousin!!! Go get it ML make that $$$ dude you deserve it. Tell your momma Gamecock nation is thankful!!!
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:36 PM   #68
Dizzy01
Starter

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Good luck to Marcus. I think most of us knew this was coming and you do have to feel for him with the way his Gamecock career went. He had some of the highest of highs and he lowest of lows but he will always be one of the most beloved players of all times.

While I think remaining a first round pick is a long shot I wouldn't be surprised to see him go early on day 2. I think the fact that the league is no longer RB focussed combined with the injury keeps him out of the first round as RBs are getting fewer and fewer day one looks in general. However the rookie pay scale will keep him from slipping too much. Teams are much more willing to take a chance on a guy with injury concerns or someone seen as a project now that there are clearly defined limits on the pay scale. The days of a guy holding a team hostage trying to negotiate for the money on where they thought they should have been drafted are long gone and teams are more comfortable taking the chance.

Good luck to him wherever he ends up and as long as it's not Charlotte of Dallas I'll pull for him on Sundays.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #69
talon
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2400
talon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPit

good luck ML
talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:38 PM   #70
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy01 View Post
Good luck to Marcus. I think most of us knew this was coming and you do have to feel for him with the way his Gamecock career went. He had some of the highest of highs and he lowest of lows but he will always be one of the most beloved players of all times.

While I think remaining a first round pick is a long shot I wouldn't be surprised to see him go early on day 2. I think the fact that the league is no longer RB focussed combined with the injury keeps him out of the first round as RBs are getting fewer and fewer day one looks in general. However the rookie pay scale will keep him from slipping too much. Teams are much more willing to take a chance on a guy with injury concerns or someone seen as a project now that there are clearly defined limits on the pay scale. The days of a guy holding a team hostage trying to negotiate for the money on where they thought they should have been drafted are long gone and teams are more comfortable taking the chance.

Good luck to him wherever he ends up and as long as it's not Charlotte of Dallas I'll pull for him on Sundays.
I would hope Marcus would transcend team bias. You can pull for the man w/o pulling for the team.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #71
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
Did he get his degree? Just wondering due all the stuff said about not being able to coach without.
I like your foresight. If there's any justice in the world, Coach Lattimore will be prowling the sidelines in 20 years.

Marcus is probably close to graduating anyway, and I would imagine finishing his degree in the offseason will be a top priority.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #72
COCKYWOOD
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Somebody will be getting a great representative and player for their organization! Good Luck Marcus !
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:46 PM   #73
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material
Wink Re: Lattimore to NFL

He would have won the Heisman this year. I love Marcus and I wish him all of the luck in the world. He is a very strong person and he will rehab and make millions. Gamecock Nation will always have his back.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:55 PM   #74
wilbert G willigers
4-Star

Male

wilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurs

God bless Marcus Lattimore. This man changed the way football is played at the University of South Carolina forever and has great things coming to him no matter what path life takes him on. Forever to thee

Old 12-10-2012, 03:55 PM   #75
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post
I like your foresight. If there's any justice in the world, Coach Lattimore will be prowling the sidelines in 20 years.

Marcus is probably close to graduating anyway, and I would imagine finishing his degree in the offseason will be a top priority.
Would end up being the highest paid position coach in the history of USC without any prior coaching experience.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:00 PM   #76
wilbert G willigers
4-Star

Male

wilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet girl View Post
He would have won the Heisman this year. I love Marcus and I wish him all of the luck in the world. He is a very strong person and he will rehab and make millions. Gamecock Nation will always have his back.
Marcus wouldn't have won the Heisman this year. I love the guy as much as the next person, but the fact that we eased him back into things (which was smart, I'm not arguing that) killed his chances for a Heisman. The award is all about numbers, and aside from Manziel's lackluster performances against UF and LSU, no one was gonna take that award away from him. I will say, the Heisman voters are starting to recognize that the most outstanding player in the SEC is usually the best player in the country, which certainly helps Jadeveon's campaign for next year.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #77
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

At least now he won't be a top pick and has a chance to go to a decent team.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:05 PM   #78
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbert G willigers View Post
Marcus wouldn't have won the Heisman this year. I love the guy as much as the next person, but the fact that we eased him back into things (which was smart, I'm not arguing that) killed his chances for a Heisman. The award is all about numbers, and aside from Manziel's lackluster performances against UF and LSU, no one was gonna take that award away from him. I will say, the Heisman voters are starting to recognize that the most outstanding player in the SEC is usually the best player in the country, which certainly helps Jadeveon's campaign for next year.
Without torn knees he would have walked all over Johnny Football and company. His first tear ended that. I was speaking as though he was not injured. We had just seen his best game since leg one when he tore the other knee.. It is difficult to see a talent like Marcus go down once. Twice is just cruel.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:09 PM   #79
scgc2014
Walk On

Male

scgc2014 has hatched from the shell

Hopefully they let Marcus Lattimore player of Team X in the NFL lead the Gamecock chant pre-game once next year, that would be amazing!!!
scgc2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:15 PM   #80
adamfalkofske
Walk On

Male

adamfalkofske has hatched from the shell

Thanks again for everything Marcus. Get a big paycheck! You deserve it
adamfalkofske is offline   Reply With Quote