CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
SMOTFS86
Cockypantherfan
Lonnie
gamecockphan
taylorssc
robgusc76
U-Dub Gamecock
CoverTwo
Spurrier on Pharoah: (4127)
USC/clemson spread (1797)
In case no one saw.. (1454)
Bowl projections (1342)
Why has there been 4 (761)
Odell Becham Catch (759)
A little late to the (698)
Tiger Burn (538)
Texas A&M Defens (397)
No excuse for the D (373)
How do you prep your bird
Good Omen for Saturday?
Shaq Roland
Carolina-Clemson Trophy
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
The Defense
Bowl projections
USC/clemson spread
weekend conference Predic
Texans getting frustrated

Old 12-10-2012, 09:07 AM   #1761
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Carolina Panthers 2012 Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardiacKemba View Post
Matt Ryan started all that with his arrogant mouth in Atlanta. Hardy was doing this in response.
Matt Ryan was wrong and idiot too. Doesn't give a reason for Hardy to act like an idiot. It is like the morons who get cheap shot by someone and then hit back, their whole logic well he hit me fist is juvenile. When you actually can win without having to be an idiot after, it shuts the other team up more. Also when you are a shitty team and the other is going to the playoffs, you just look pathetic. You basically show that this was your super bowl and the biggest game of the year, by acting like that.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:24 AM   #1762
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

CockyCash: 200
Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
Yes I did. They are right next to each other and no other Falcon within 10 feet. So he is either mister tough guy to a kicker or talk smack to no one. Either way he looks like a moron.
You're completely wrong. Hardy was saying out loud enough to be heard by SEVERAL players who were in the general vicinity, and Bryant took it upon himself to reply. Only then does Hardy address Bryant directly.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #1763
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

CockyCash: 500
davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

The Panthers blow my mind. They are really close to being a good team.

They could easily be a 10 win team right now if they knew how to play 4 full quarters of football.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:14 AM   #1764
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post
The Panthers blow my mind. They are really close to being a good team.

They could easily be a 10 win team right now if they knew how to play 4 full quarters of football.
Don't remind me. It's maddening to watch them play. They'll show flashes of their potential, and then piss games away.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:34 AM   #1765
GamecockInHell
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1022824
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawginCola View Post
Not as bad as the Panthers...but the Falcons will lose their first playoff game again.

The trade to get Julio Jones was fuggin horrible.
I've said that for nearly two years, but other Falcon fans I talk to love him. Instead of throwing away all those picks, they could have sure used some DBs and could have still gotten a quality receiver. I'll be surprised if the Falcons go very deep in the play-offs, but they still are a lot better than the Panthers. The Panthers have talent, but not a lot of leadership. And to be honest, every Falcon fan I talked to before the game this week expected the Falcons to lose this game because according to them the motivation was just not there.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:38 AM   #1766
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

CockyCash: 7461220
bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
I've said that for nearly two years, but other Falcon fans I talk to love him. Instead of throwing away all those picks, they could have sure used some DBs and could have still gotten a quality receiver. I'll be surprised if the Falcons go very deep in the play-offs, but they still are a lot better than the Panthers. The Panthers have talent, but not a lot of leadership. And to be honest, every Falcon fan I talked to before the game this week expected the Falcons to lose this game because according to them the motivation was just not there.
Torrey Smith was available at their original pick the problem with Julio is he drops to many balls to be a #1 and they already had a #1 in Roddy. The biggest thing that hasn't helped this year is Grimes and Samuel being hurt.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:34 PM   #1767
RoyalAir
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 400
RoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
I'm a Falcons fan, and I was at the game yesterday. I will freely admit that the Falcons are NOT as good as their record would indicate. They play way too many close games, and they don't even have the hint of a running game. Their offensive line is suspect, and Abraham is the only weapon they have on an otherwise underwhelming D-line.

All that said, the Falcons seem to be a better sum than their parts (particularly on the o-line and defense), whereas the Panthers are the exact opposite. An offensive core with Smith, Williams, Olsen, Murphy and Newton should be able to put 30 points on the board on a weekly basis. What you saw yesterday was a situation where the Panthers (and especially Cam, who has made beating his hometown Falcons a personal challenge) had a lot of motivation, and the Falcons had none. Give the Panthers total credit for the utter domination through two and a half quarters, though it was clear that the Falcons didn't try until midway through the third. If Newton could play with that kind of fire on a weekly basis, the Panthers could have been a playoff team this year. But, he just lacks the overall maturity and mental polish to be a legitimate NFL leader *yet*. Maybe he'll get to it, but so far he's left a lot to be desired. A phenomenal talent, to be sure, but he's lacking something on the leadership side.

I think you'll see the real Falcons this weekend against the Giants. And I'm not sure which Falcons team really is the "real" club. I wouldn't be surprised to see them get boat raced by the G-men, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them win by 10 points and pick off Eli twice. Very confusing club.

Since this is a Panthers thread, I will say that Luke Kuechly impressed the hell outta me yesterday. That man LOVES to play football, and that is evident in how he runs up and down the field. Y'all have a gem in that one.
RoyalAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:59 PM   #1768
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAir View Post
I'm a Falcons fan, and I was at the game yesterday. I will freely admit that the Falcons are NOT as good as their record would indicate. They play way too many close games, and they don't even have the hint of a running game. Their offensive line is suspect, and Abraham is the only weapon they have on an otherwise underwhelming D-line.

All that said, the Falcons seem to be a better sum than their parts (particularly on the o-line and defense), whereas the Panthers are the exact opposite. An offensive core with Smith, Williams, Olsen, Murphy and Newton should be able to put 30 points on the board on a weekly basis. What you saw yesterday was a situation where the Panthers (and especially Cam, who has made beating his hometown Falcons a personal challenge) had a lot of motivation, and the Falcons had none. Give the Panthers total credit for the utter domination through two and a half quarters, though it was clear that the Falcons didn't try until midway through the third. If Newton could play with that kind of fire on a weekly basis, the Panthers could have been a playoff team this year. But, he just lacks the overall maturity and mental polish to be a legitimate NFL leader *yet*. Maybe he'll get to it, but so far he's left a lot to be desired. A phenomenal talent, to be sure, but he's lacking something on the leadership side.

I think you'll see the real Falcons this weekend against the Giants. And I'm not sure which Falcons team really is the "real" club. I wouldn't be surprised to see them get boat raced by the G-men, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them win by 10 points and pick off Eli twice. Very confusing club.

Since this is a Panthers thread, I will say that Luke Kuechly impressed the hell outta me yesterday. That man LOVES to play football, and that is evident in how he runs up and down the field. Y'all have a gem in that one.
I will go back and read it again, but I'm pretty sure I agree with every part of your post. And when a post is more than two sentences on this website, I almost never agree completely.

The Falcons are a really good team. I don't know if I think they're actually as good as their record makes them look, but that's beside the point. But what you said about both teams (their patterns of production) is absolutely spot on, in my opinion.

Carolina has consistently been extremely underwhelming this year on offense, and that seems like an extreme case of irony to me. I've said this in a joking manner several times, but with the people the Panthers have on offense, they could probably run the triple option successfully. Then there are the weapons in the passing game that you mentioned. In my opinion, the Panthers should be able to have a DOMINANT running game or a really, really good passing game, so that SHOULD equal to them being explosive on offense. But as this season has progressed, they have shown both are possible, but neither shows up with any consistency.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:14 PM   #1769
cockinraleigh
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 78700
cockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot material

For whatever reason, we match up well against the Falcons. I don't know why but we almost always play them close.
cockinraleigh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:30 PM   #1770
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

i dont understand how a falcon fan can say that they are clearly a better team than the panthers.....b/w the two games, we have dominated 90% of the games.....you got lucky the first game but not this time

im sure they will point to the overall record but we still dominated
Old 12-10-2012, 04:50 PM   #1771
Jacoby4usc
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Jacoby4usc is learning to peckJacoby4usc is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfreek88 View Post
i dont understand how a falcon fan can say that they are clearly a better team than the panthers.....b/w the two games, we have dominated 90% of the games.....you got lucky the first game but not this time

im sure they will point to the overall record but we still dominated
From a head-to-head perspective the Panthers have been better than the Falcons, but overall I would say the Falcons are better because of their record because they say that good teams find way to win ballgames, and the overall record is what matters in the NFL. If the Panthers had a better record i would say they have a better team than the Falcons, but in terms of overall performance the Falcons have been better. Fair assessment?
Jacoby4usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:15 PM   #1772
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material

Exactly how I figured we'd play all year. This team is so much better than 4-9. Cam Newton is just filthy. For as much as I love the Atlanta Braves, I can't stand the Atlanta Falcons. Maybe the Panthers can take this and build on it and get rolling into next year.
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:23 PM   #1773
cockinraleigh
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 78700
cockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglegolf018 View Post
Exactly how I figured we'd play all year. This team is so much better than 4-9. Cam Newton is just filthy. For as much as I love the Atlanta Braves, I can't stand the Atlanta Falcons. Maybe the Panthers can take this and build on it and get rolling into next year.
cockinraleigh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:27 PM   #1774
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby4usc View Post
From a head-to-head perspective the Panthers have been better than the Falcons, but overall I would say the Falcons are better because of their record because they say that good teams find way to win ballgames, and the overall record is what matters in the NFL. If the Panthers had a better record i would say they have a better team than the Falcons, but in terms of overall performance the Falcons have been better. Fair assessment?
i can agree with that assessment.....but i think its clear that we are much better than our record says we are

only blowout i can think of off the top of my head was NYG.....i will admit that TB dominated us the first game but the score was closer than the way that game played out
Old 12-10-2012, 07:15 PM   #1775
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockinraleigh View Post
Haha. I always pictured that as being Darrin Horn's speech after a win.
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:55 PM   #1776
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Nakamura to go on IR nagging groin injury.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:23 PM   #1777
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Panthers at Chargers 4pm on Fox.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #1778
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

So can we manage to have our first winning streak of the season? Let's hope so. Go Panthers!

Old 12-16-2012, 01:57 PM   #1779
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

i hate having to wait until 4 to watch them.....
Old 12-16-2012, 02:59 PM   #1780
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

we have a chance to win out...go panthers

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote