CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Order 66
johnnyb
taylorssc
l^l^lBGCock
NAGamecockFan
doubledribble
Master Bedroom
GarnetSwarm1990
ChickenButt
So Disappointed With (2938)
No Comments on the H (915)
Google finally gets (471)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (251)
Call of Duty: Advanc (243)
Gameday parking in A (184)
Vote For Cocky (132)
Things They Should H (107)
Keeping tailgate foo (80)
Freshman ND WR " (58)
So Disappointed With The
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Texas athletic director:
BAW
Call of Duty: Advanced Wa
The Gator Bowl wants us!
2014-15 Premier League se
No Comments on the Holes?
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
Which loss hurt worse, Mi

Old 12-10-2012, 04:50 PM   #41
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clemson Student Killed During Robbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by pturner2 View Post
This is terrible! People should be able to go to college without fearing for their safety. Hope they catch those responsible and fry their asses
We have a concealed carry law in SC. However, you have to be 21 to get the permit. They should lower the age to 18.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:51 PM   #42
cockinraleigh
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 88700
cockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU_THERE View Post
There were 5-7 people in the house at the time. No other gunshot wounds but some of the students were beat up and treated on scene. Its my understanding that the roommate of the deceased was pistol whipped by an assailant. It was just released this morning that Steve's roommate has been arrested for possession of marijuana, after they found it while searching the home.
This is horrible. A kid is dead over some weed and a little bit of money. What is wrong with some of the people in our society these days.
cockinraleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:05 PM   #43
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockinraleigh View Post
This is horrible. A kid is dead over some weed and a little bit of money. What is wrong with some of the people in our society these days.
There is a counterculture of these robbing crews that have seen a huge rise over the last 10-15 years, especially in the metro Atlanta area. But they, like other fads, have spread out to smaller, rural areas along with the flow of the narcotics. These 'crews' have the mentality of whatever is yours is mine...why work when they can rob and steal all day. Only thing they need is a gun and a plug. I don't know that this was an actual robbing crew, or just a solitary robbery gone wrong. But these mother****ers don't care about laws and they are not afraid to bring it where you live.
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:14 PM   #44
Cockyhard
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his comb

Quote:
When I was in school... yes we liked to party as well... Alcohol and smoke did billow on occasion .... but to think it would have ever gotten me killed was probably the last thing on my mind... Im sure this poor kid had the same mind set... Its just sad for his parents and friends... you send your kid off to college to get an education and start his life as a productive person in our world.... and individuals like these A holes take that away.. heartbreaking...

Is football season here yet???
Cockyhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #45
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Quote:
Our judicial system isn't a deterrent.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #46
CU_THERE
Walk On

Male

CU_THERE has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
We have a concealed carry law in SC. However, you have to be 21 to get the permit. They should lower the age to 18.
In this case a concealed permit wouldn't have made any difference, he was killed in his own home where he would not need a permit like that to keep a firearm.
CU_THERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:09 PM   #47
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

CockyCash: 7461220
bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material

My friends wonder why I walk around my apartment with my carry gun on or have it sitting beside me, student housing/apartments are targets because a student being armed is rare, if the complexes are on campus you can't have a gun and some of the ones off campus have it in the leaving agreement screw that.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #48
Built Ford Tough
Banned

Male

Built Ford Tough has hatched from the shell

You would think they have the license plate number from the WYFF 4 video. If they do it should be game over.
Built Ford Tough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:34 AM   #49
ds401
4-Star

Female

ds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot material

Arrested and looking for a suspect.

http://www.wltx.com/news/article/212...ve-Say-Police-
ds401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:47 AM   #50
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Confirmed that drugs were the motive.
ktguen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:08 AM   #51
gamecockguy
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1300
gamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds401 View Post
Arrested and looking for a suspect.

http://www.wltx.com/news/article/212...ve-Say-Police-
Glad they got the SOBs. Hope the family of the victim can find some solace in this
gamecockguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:10 AM   #52
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 180386
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material

The motive was money, you dont kill somebody so you can smoke some pot. They were going to take the stash and sell it.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:19 AM   #53
USC Paratrooper
Recruit

Male

USC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his comb

Still don't get why they had to kill the kid. And they were looking for his roommates stash. I wonder if the guy put up some kind of struggle. Either way, still messed up. I always have my glock within arms length. I encourage others to do the same. My house has never caught fire, but I still have smoke detectors, I've never been robbed, but I still carry a gun. That's how I look at it.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:35 AM   #54
CU_THERE
Walk On

Male

Amen. Hopefully they find the fourth perp. Its shocking to think that two brothers could be in on this crime. My only hope now is that they are not affiliated with Clemson whatsoever.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...9959?p=2&tc=pg
Old 12-11-2012, 03:44 AM   #55
gamecockguy
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1300
gamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU_THERE View Post
Amen. Hopefully they find the fourth perp. Its shocking to think that two brothers could be in on this crime. My only hope now is that they are not affiliated with Clemson whatsoever.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...9959?p=2&tc=pg
Did you see their mugshots? I say its unlikely any of the three arrested are affiliated with the university in any way based off of those

Last edited by gamecockguy; 12-11-2012 at 04:49 AM.
gamecockguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:02 AM   #56
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockguy View Post
Did you see there mugshots? I say its unlikely any of the three arrested are affiliated with the university in any way based off of those
Either way this is crazy, my daughter attends a progam in our state I will not name. It is not Clemson though, but I feel for her saftey.
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:00 AM   #57
CU_THERE
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockguy View Post
Did you see their mugshots? I say its unlikely any of the three arrested are affiliated with the university in any way based off of those
nobody looks good in a mug shot
Old 12-11-2012, 09:19 AM   #58
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 17972586
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Punk thug idiots.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:49 AM   #59
cockinraleigh
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 88700
cockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot material

Hopefully they are punished to the fullest extent of the law. Prayers are with the families of the victims.
cockinraleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:22 AM   #60
GetemGamecocks
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
GetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds401 View Post
The final line of this article (the one in smaller print) reads:

Quote:
Only a few grams of pot were taken during the robbery. Deputies charged Grich's roommate with simple possession of marijuana.
That is just sad that someone would take another's life over a tiny bit of weed and possibly some money. Even if the assailants were primarily after cash...most college weed dealers aren't exactly rolling in the dough.

I am sure that the scumbags did not go into that place with the intent to kill someone, but low and behold, they did just that. This story disgusts me.
GetemGamecocks is offline   Reply With Quote