CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
bcolinc
JerseyBird
ConwayGamecock
Latti
usc1
FanofCarolina1
The Yancey
Seladen
Gamecocks1137
GamecockUltimate
**USC vs. Clemson GA (3884)
looks like we have 2 (1756)
Beat Miami (665)
Decommitment from Te (628)
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBA (547)
Garcia and Clemsux T (511)
Frank Martin's Game (505)
Duck Bowl Depth Char (501)
Cleveland Browns Hea (421)
Need a dog kennel (175)
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
So, why is next year goin
Previewing Clemson
2014 - 2015 Atlanta Brave
Cleveland Browns Headshot
Tanner McEvoy to start fo
Duck Bowl Depth Chart
looks like we have 2 OL r
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL
Beat Miami

Old 12-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #101
bcgibson75
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
bcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Lattimore to NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcutta View Post
pretty sure players on the pup list or ir get paid. its early to speculate this before he's even drafted, but he'll get an okay amount of money up front and that first year's salary, but whatever team drafts him will probably give him an incentive laden contract. thats if the rookie scale they implemented a couple years back doesnt prevent that.
Right, there is an Active and Reserve PUP list. I know Active list will still get paid salary. But he has to be put on the Active PUP list before Training camp.

So, would he be placed on the Reserve PUP list as it does not count towards the 80 man roster limit?

I'm not sure how the Reserve PUP works regarding pay.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:39 PM   #102
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

Even IF Latti doesn't make it in the NFL, the dude can write his own ticket in the world of college football, and in the state of SC. With his personality, his legacy, and his work ethic, he'll be a steal for some high paying employer....perhaps USC? He'll be just fine!
Old 12-10-2012, 05:45 PM   #103
cockypoppy068
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 665
cockypoppy068 is USC mascot materialcockypoppy068 is USC mascot materialcockypoppy068 is USC mascot materialcockypoppy068 is USC mascot materialcockypoppy068 is USC mascot materialcockypoppy068 is USC mascot materialcockypoppy068 is USC mascot materialcockypoppy068 is USC mascot materialcockypoppy068 is USC mascot materialcockypoppy068 is USC mascot materialcockypoppy068 is USC mascot material

Go get'em Marcus! We are all pulling for you here! You will always be a Gamecock!

THAT"S ANOTHER CAROLINA.. FIRST DOWN......
cockypoppy068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:46 PM   #104
The USC 94
Walk On

Male

The USC 94 has hatched from the shell

He will be an asset on the field and locker room. A true class act...
But Saturdays won't be the same with out him.
The USC 94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:51 PM   #105
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Good for him, glad all the speculation is about to end.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:56 PM   #106
Schecter
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material

I've never been so happy for someone leaving USC. I'm gonna miss him in Garnet and Black but I'm so proud and excited for him. I know this is his dream and no one deserves it more than Marcus! Good luck Marcus and God bless you!
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:02 PM   #107
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

CockyCash: 7461220
bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material

Good luck to him hopefully he can comeback strong like Willis McGahee did
Old 12-10-2012, 06:10 PM   #108
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

I am overwhelmed to hear he's going to the NFL, I just hope he goes to a good team that can possibly win a Superbowl sometime soon.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:30 PM   #109
seamus
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 800
seamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudly

the Lord surely does work in mysterious ways. Thank you for all you have given us Gamecock fans.
seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #110
scfanz
Game MVP

Male

scfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot material

Thank you for all you've done for Carolina. Your legacy here is rock solid. The Gamecock nation wishes you nothing but the best for your future. We'll all be pulling for you each and every Sunday afternoon. Thank you.
scfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:37 PM   #111
GamecockInHell
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1007834
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

Marcus Lattimore is the epitome of what a college athlete SHOULD be. Here's to hoping that he has the type of career in the NFL that he deserves. It would be a shame if someone who gives so much does not get rewarded for his talent and work. Its a miracle that he was able to do so much for USC in spite of having to endure so much pain. He should be an inspiration to not only everyone on his team but to all Gamecocks.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:02 PM   #112
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Can't blame him for going. Will always wonder what a complete season might have looked like. We need some more elite recruits like yesterday.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:13 PM   #113
USCgreg
Giggity-Goo!!

Male

USCgreg has earned his spursUSCgreg has earned his spursUSCgreg has earned his spursUSCgreg has earned his spursUSCgreg has earned his spursUSCgreg has earned his spurs

Thanks to Marcus for all he did for Carolina Football...I look forward to seeing him play on Sundays!
USCgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:20 PM   #114
SwampFox
1st Team All-American

Male

SwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot material

Quote:
It seems like he just got here.
It's because he's been knocked out for the season twice in back to back years. The way some opposing players appear to be out to get him, I can't say I blame him for getting out now. A third knee injury just might be a career ending one. Better in the pros than in college.

He will always be our greatest what might have been had he not had a target on his back for most of his career here.

Scotland Forever

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.u...eum/index.html
SwampFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #115
wilbert G willigers
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
wilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampFox View Post
It's because he's been knocked out for the season twice in back to back years. The way some opposing players appear to be out to get him, I can't say I blame him for getting out now. A third knee injury just might be a career ending one. Better in the pros than in college.

He will always be our greatest what might have been had he not had a target on his back for most of his career here.
There is no doubt that standout offensive players often get targeted by opposing defenses, whether some people want to admit it or not. However, I don't fully agree that Marcus's injuries were a result of targeting. It is unfortunate that Marcus finished only one full season on the gridiron, but injuries are inevitable, and I feel as though his were a result of bad fortune. That's just my opinion
Old 12-10-2012, 10:19 PM   #116
dapheet
4-Star

Male

dapheet has feathers coming indapheet has feathers coming indapheet has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
This is the best move for him. I will 100% be a fan a wherever he goes!
Agreed. So glad he chose to be a Gamecock. I dont care if the Chargers get him, I'll keep up with him. Go #21
Old 12-10-2012, 10:21 PM   #117
dapheet
4-Star

Male

dapheet has feathers coming indapheet has feathers coming indapheet has feathers coming in

Thank You!
Old 12-10-2012, 11:34 PM   #118
jfbreb94
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 615
jfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPit

My son wants to be like#21. Thanks Marcus. Givem Hell in the NFL
jfbreb94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:22 AM   #119
ThrustingCock
Walk On

Male

ThrustingCock has earned his spursThrustingCock has earned his spursThrustingCock has earned his spursThrustingCock has earned his spursThrustingCock has earned his spursThrustingCock has earned his spurs

Gonna miss Marcus, but i really hope he can prove he is one of the better backs in the world while in the NFL We're all behind #21
ThrustingCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:14 AM   #120
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

I'm glad he is going pro. He has nothing else to prove here.

Take the money and run, 21!