CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
Aggie96
Gamecocks1137
Regalcock
rolinb1
Cockypantherfan
Lonnie
HUGEGARNETCOCK
jebodiah
b381l
2016 Commitment - Ja (2668)
TJ Holloman (1403)
Gameday Garnet Polo (1088)
Spurrier accepts coc (1074)
They are coming to y (885)
How are we feeling a (597)
We lost a great Game (525)
2013 game vs TN is o (431)
Hard Knocks this wee (383)
"Penis Collecto (246)
texags
Favorite Gamecock of all-
****Official 2014 Gamecoc
Name a Gamecock
Spurrier accepts cockys c
2013 game vs TN is on SEC
Browns announce Hoyer as
2016 Commitment - JaCorey
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
***2014 Carolina Panthers

Old 12-10-2012, 02:45 AM   #1
dreammachine
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material
Default Phillip Dukes

Will Phillip Dukes be the dominating player everybody thought he would be next year? He got a lot of hype coming out of high school and I hope that he will be a force for us next year. What say you?
dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:07 AM   #2
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Phillip Dukes

No one can say for sure, but I think I speak for most when I say I hope he does step up next year. I want our d-line to continue being the scariest d-line in the nation.

Last edited by Gamecocks321; 12-10-2012 at 03:23 AM.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:39 AM   #3
GarnetBlack&Blue
Burp Guns and Trust Funds

Male

CockyCash: 110000
GarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot material

I feel pretty good about him, it takes a total freak to be an impact player at DT before your junior year...
Old 12-10-2012, 07:36 AM   #4
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

lawing knows how to pick dlinemen
Old 12-10-2012, 07:54 AM   #5
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreammachine View Post
Will Phillip Dukes be the dominating player everybody thought he would be next year? He got a lot of hype coming out of high school and I hope that he will be a force for us next year.
Not everybody...and hype is hype. Regardless, hope Phillip has monster years going forward.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:30 AM   #6
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

From what I have heard, the light is finally coming on for Dukes. He is finally putting the work in that he needs to become an elite DT. He wasn't doing it before and was in Lawing's doghouse. If you are going to play for Lawing, you will have to bust your ass.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:49 AM   #7
snoopy
Blue Chip

snoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurs

I will know more next year.
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:39 PM   #8
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

I have a feeling he will make is arrival next year.
I think he, Dixon Jr., Surratt and Quarles will make a vicious DT rotation.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:34 PM   #9
GoldenSpur7
Praemonitus praemunitus

Male

CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
^^^ We all hope, and yes PD needs to step up - it does seem like he has the physical tools. Aslo, I think Darius English will get some serious rotation time @DE if he can put on weight while keeping his (elite) speed. I was really impressed with his wheels when I saw him in practices.

Where is the other Dixon playing? DE? And what is the current news on his progress?
GoldenSpur7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #10
talon
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2400
talon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPit

hope that he will continue to develop ala MI6
talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #11
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Include Mr. Griffin and I agree
Old 12-10-2012, 05:45 PM   #12
Glamcock
Recruit

Male

Glamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his combGlamcock is developing his comb

He will never live up to the hype, that is impossible.

I think he will be solid, though.
Glamcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:21 PM   #13
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 217705
elcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudly

He will be very good. The kid actually wanted to RS bc he knew he wasn't ready (refreshing considering how high profile kids today usually transfer if they don't play). Phillip improved a lot this yr & will continue to improve. He is one of a number of kids who will ensure quality future DL depth.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #14
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamcock View Post
He will never live up to the hype, that is impossible.

I think he will be solid, though.

I actually underhyped him just for this very reason. Keeping my expectations low helps the players to always live up to what I think without putting forth much effort.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:23 PM   #15
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Hope D. English can add some weight during the off season.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:29 PM   #16
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

What about deon green? I had heard good things before the injury.

Dukes better up his game or surratt, the dixons, and maybe green or griffen steal the pt.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:38 PM   #17
lchite4
4-Star

Male

lchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4ever View Post
Hope D. English can add some weight during the off season.
Same. In an interview before the season Lawing said it was going to be hard for him to keep English off the field. Said he was that fast and talented. I expect English to get plenty of PT next year, especially in our rabbit package.
lchite4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:31 AM   #18
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Thank god, I was just hoping this wasn't another transfer thread. That would have killed me.
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:44 AM   #19
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Seems to be doing fine and on-pace to me. Lawing mentioned him as the next in line when kelcy was injured. The only surprise to some is how good/far along Dixon Jr. is.
LegalCock is online now   Reply With Quote