CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Latti
ReadR00ster
Bobby Boucher
U-Dub Gamecock
rosstheboss
usc1
catdaddy66
b381l
acejrock
Spurticus
BREAD (390)
South Carolina @ Aub (332)
Dress shirt help (264)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (234)
Starz Black Sails (229)
Best Child Acting Pe (113)
Unsung Hero (12)
BREAD
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Connor Mitch
The #AskEmmert Q&A Is
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Kelcy and Vic questioned
2015 - Auden Tate

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 04:20 PM   #361
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material
Default Re: Larenz Bryant Thread (2013 Commitment)

hes going to be a monster once he peaks physically and gets a year or 2 of S&C

Old 12-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #362
wilbert G willigers
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
wilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurs

Really excited about this guy, the guy got all kinds of great offers from but chose to be a Gamecock. Like all of you have said, we should see a lot of Larenz from day 1, he should be quite a handful as early as his Sophomore season, after a year of practice, extensive SEC in game experience, and a year in the weight room. I remember hearing about Larenz possibly enrolling early with Mitch and the January guys, any word on this?
Old 12-10-2012, 05:21 PM   #363
uscGRAD04
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Old 12-10-2012, 05:24 PM   #364
uscGRAD04
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

/\

Say's he's 100% committed and doesn't even pick up the phone from other recruiters. The guy interviewing him actually had to break the news to him about Rolin. So it was a shock to him as well.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:31 PM   #365
NCgamecock1981
Entrenched Starter

Male

CockyCash: 80000
NCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
/\

Say's he's 100% committed and doesn't even pick up the phone from other recruiters. The guy interviewing him actually had to break the news to him about Rolin. So it was a shock to him as well.
Did you catch the part where we managed to mess up scheduling Spurrier's in home visit with him? I know he's 100% and all, but these little mistakes...SMH.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:34 PM   #366
CarolinaSpur12
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 100500
CarolinaSpur12 has feathers coming inCarolinaSpur12 has feathers coming inCarolinaSpur12 has feathers coming in

I hope Steve has a damn good reason for missing that in-home visit. Thats the kinda stuff that bothers me. If I was a parent, and the coach my son is wanting to play for bails on a visit to see my son, I'd be pissed. I hope there was a good reason for it.

Old 12-10-2012, 05:45 PM   #367
GDub2001
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
GDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaSpur12 View Post
I hope Steve has a damn good reason for missing that in-home visit. Thats the kinda stuff that bothers me. If I was a parent, and the coach my son is wanting to play for bails on a visit to see my son, I'd be pissed. I hope there was a good reason for it.
If you watched the video you would know that he's not going to miss it...it will be rescheduled...they scheduled it for the wrong date.

Geez...some of y'all need to pay attention before going off.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:03 PM   #368
CarolinaSpur12
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 100500
CarolinaSpur12 has feathers coming inCarolinaSpur12 has feathers coming inCarolinaSpur12 has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDub2001 View Post
If you watched the video you would know that he's not going to miss it...it will be rescheduled...they scheduled it for the wrong date.

Geez...some of y'all need to pay attention before going off.
I'm not referring to him rescheduling the visit. I'm speaking of him missing the first one. I wasn't one to believe in the "coaches are getting content rumors". But when you have stuff like this happen to now your top prospect on the defensive side of the ball, it doesn't look nor sound good.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:07 PM   #369
bravecock524
Nesemiea

Male

CockyCash: 40960
bravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPit

Quote:
I'm not referring to him rescheduling the visit. I'm speaking of him missing the first one. I wasn't one to believe in the "coaches are getting content rumors". But when you have stuff like this happen to now your top prospect on the defensive side of the ball, it doesn't look nor sound good.
He has always been our top prospect.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:15 PM   #370
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCgamecock1981 View Post
Did you catch the part where we managed to mess up scheduling Spurrier's in home visit with him? I know he's 100% and all, but these little mistakes...SMH.
Our staff uses the Mayan calendar. ;-)
Old 12-10-2012, 06:43 PM   #371
G&BGamecock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsG&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsG&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsG&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsG&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsG&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsG&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsG&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsG&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsG&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talonsG&BGamecock has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Maybe I missed something but when I watched the video it seemed to me that the reason he'd be missing is because it is Shrine Bowl week and Bryant isn't at home. I guess you could argue that they shouldn't have scheduled in homes during Shrine Bowl week, but it didn't seem to me that he is just blowing it off and rescheduling it for no good reason. If you listen he also says that the coaches call him and talk all the time, so it's not like they aren't keeping up with the guys like some people have suggested as reasons we have lost the other two.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:55 PM   #372
GDub2001
Banned

Male

GDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPit

Quote:
What first one?

The visit was scheduled for this week...Bryant won't be home due to being at the Shrine Bowl so it's being rescheduled.

Not sure what's so difficult about that.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:12 PM   #373
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 219460
elcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talons

All is well. The dude is not a drama queen
Old 12-11-2012, 01:14 AM   #374
NCgamecock1981
Entrenched Starter

Male

CockyCash: 80000
NCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervous

Rescheduling this in-home visit will likely have zero impact on Bryant's commitment. That's great. However, how did we mistakenly schedule an in-home visit during Shrine Bowl week? I can only think of two reasons: (1) the coaches forgot when Shrine Bowl week was or, (2) forgot that our top recruit was playing in the Shrine Bowl. You would think that since the Shrine Bowl is the game that generally showcases a lot of our incoming guys and our top recruit is playing in that game would mean that neither would be forgotten. Yet, we have this problem anyway.

Bryant, to his credit, seemed like it was no big deal, etc. But that's not how every recruit acts or thinks. Our coaches are professionals. Recruiting is part of their job description. Little mistakes can't happen without it actually affecting something at some point. It won't affect things here but when will it?
Old 12-11-2012, 01:55 AM   #375
CockLurker
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 4400
CockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPit

Bryant is a breath of fresh air when it comes to recruiting and all the drama it brings.

The type of guy that can anchor a defense - in terms of skill and leadership.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:12 AM   #376
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

I wish he was an EE.

Anyhow, kid has a very bright future for us.

He will be a top performer all week for the Shrine Bowl and hopefully he reports to campus around 220 in summer 1
Old 12-11-2012, 02:17 AM   #377
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCgamecock1981 View Post
Rescheduling this in-home visit will likely have zero impact on Bryant's commitment. That's great. However, how did we mistakenly schedule an in-home visit during Shrine Bowl week? I can only think of two reasons: (1) the coaches forgot when Shrine Bowl week was or, (2) forgot that our top recruit was playing in the Shrine Bowl. You would think that since the Shrine Bowl is the game that generally showcases a lot of our incoming guys and our top recruit is playing in that game would mean that neither would be forgotten. Yet, we have this problem anyway.

Bryant, to his credit, seemed like it was no big deal, etc. But that's not how every recruit acts or thinks. Our coaches are professionals. Recruiting is part of their job description. Little mistakes can't happen without it actually affecting something at some point. It won't affect things here but when will it?
Being thorough is important. Don't make mistakes. You expect better from the kids on the field. Is this real important, no. But it can put doubt in the kids or parents minds. Hold yourself to the same standards as you do the players. This can make us look disorganized.
Other schools use every thing they can against us. Is it an easy job, no, but we're paying your asses a bunch of money not to make these mistakes. Sorry if I'm a little on edge now. And by the way, I'm one of the people that said don't blame the coaches on the Rolin issue.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:54 AM   #378
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

The shrine bowl teams are picked later in the season. He must have scheduled the in the inhome before he was picked for the shrine bowl
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
Old 12-11-2012, 11:56 AM   #379
Garnet 4 Life 81
Banned

Male

Garnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his claws

seems like a nice guy. hope he can make some big plays for us
Old 12-11-2012, 02:27 PM   #380
cocksfan76
Blue Chip

Male

cocksfan76 is developing his combcocksfan76 is developing his combcocksfan76 is developing his combcocksfan76 is developing his combcocksfan76 is developing his combcocksfan76 is developing his combcocksfan76 is developing his combcocksfan76 is developing his comb

I like that he's wearing a Gamecock UA shirt. Unless of course his high school is also Gamecocks.

at 0:05 you can see it

SEC Championship! 2013
Closed Thread