CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
Thenardier
SanAntonioCock
MACXIMVS
Bobby Boucher
rdwylie
COCKYWOOD
b381l
spareparts
uscgamecocks88
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (8393)
Sindarius Thornwell (903)
Chicago ND fan/SEC b (571)
Best Child Acting Pe (549)
Well gameday just go (449)
Happy Birthday, Coac (399)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (368)
Your most famous twi (271)
South Carolina @ Aub (237)
Unsung Hero (228)
Connor Mitch
Name a Gamecock
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Hope Springs Eternal
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
Happy Birthday, Coach Spu
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
2015 - Auden Tate
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3

View Poll Results: Who is the number one guy on your board?
Tyrone Crowder 12 13.64%
Larenz Bryant 16 18.18%
Kelsey Griffin 2 2.27%
Matt Rolin 25 28.41%
Michael Hill 8 9.09%
Na'Ty Rodgers 2 2.27%
Mike Williams 16 18.18%
Tyshon Dye 2 2.27%
David Williams 1 1.14%
MarQuez North 4 4.55%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 10:57 PM   #14241
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 95340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material
Default Re: Kight Dallas Thread (2013 Commitment)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockTail View Post
Sh*t, we signed Oprah!!!!
Hell yeah, we're getting a new bowled stadium, of coarse we're naming it "The O". Also, the players are all going to get her favorite things, but it's not against ncaa rules b/c she's a player too and not a booster. Also, we can use her on offense, b/c we know that any player from another team won't hit/touch her b/c their mommas would kill them. Really, this is a 5 star pickup, IMO.

-Abo Swinney, April 17, 2013

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/i...-carolina-woes
Old 12-10-2012, 10:58 PM   #14242
mick66
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Shaquille Wiggins Thread (2013 Prospect) - Georgia

This is from an AJC article:
This weekend, Matthews also spent a lot of time hanging out with Shaq Wiggins, another highly-regarded recruit who has created buzz among UGA fans.

“Shaq and I were together the whole time; I was telling him about the safeties and he was telling me about the cornerbacks,” Matthews said.

“He was like ‘Man, that’s crazy how many corners we have. It’s going to be harder for me than you. And with some of the corners, they’re coming in early. They’re going to get a headstart.’ I told him not to worry about. I said ‘If you put in the work like you always do, you’re going to be all right.’”

Who knows what will happen, but it's obvious Wiggins is concerned about the fact that Georgia will be overloaded at CB.
http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012...ichts-mansion/
Old 12-10-2012, 11:01 PM   #14243
sporkgod50
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97410000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
Hell yeah, we're getting a new bowled stadium, of coarse we're naming it "The O". Also, the players are all going to get her favorite things, but it's not against ncaa rules b/c she's a player too and not a booster. Also, we can use her on offense, b/c we know that any player from another team won't hit/touch her b/c their mommas would kill them. Really, this is a 5 star pickup, IMO.
FTW!
Old 12-10-2012, 11:01 PM   #14244
Tide Warrior
Blue Chip

Male

Tide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his combTide Warrior is developing his comb
Default Re: Reuben Foster Thread (2013 Prospect)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
I just think it's cool that he is coming to visit. B/c we are so thin at LB, he would most likely make the 2 Deep right off the bat and in reality he might start if he learns the scheme and goes hard.
If this kid lives up to his potential he would push for playing at UA next year and we are pretty stacked at LB. I am not sure there is one SEC team that could keep this kid off the field as a true freshman.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:01 PM   #14245
ac_lanham
Recruit

Male

ac_lanham has earned his spursac_lanham has earned his spursac_lanham has earned his spursac_lanham has earned his spursac_lanham has earned his spursac_lanham has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid99 View Post
If things work out, everyone will be surprised what happens. No details bc I would hate for someone to drip "BS speculation" on me again.
I'd love to hear what you have to say bro. I'm new here and would LOVE to hear some good news on the recruiting front.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:03 PM   #14246
DJCatfish
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 4400
DJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his combDJCatfish is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockTail View Post
Sh*t, we signed Oprah!!!!
He did say 230+ lbs...
Old 12-10-2012, 11:09 PM   #14247
wilbert G willigers
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
wilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurs

Here's an article written about Reuben a while back, when he was still an Auburn commit. Say what you want about this guy, but his potential on the field easily outweighs the risks of bringing him in. His quotes in this article make me want to run through a brick wall, this guy is unreal. I will give my left nut for this guy to be our linebacker ahhhhhh

http://www.usatodayhss.com/secretwea...ets-to-success

Old 12-10-2012, 11:09 PM   #14248
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material
Default Re: Shaquille Wiggins Thread (2013 Prospect) - Georgia

I see him sticking with Wiggins.. Just my gut feeling. Hope I am wrong though.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:12 PM   #14249
sporkgod50
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97410000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_lanham View Post
I'd love to hear what you have to say bro. I'm new here and would LOVE to hear some good news on the recruiting front.

we all would, but he'll say something when he is ready or he want. I'm relatively new here too.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:14 PM   #14250
ac_lanham
Recruit

Male

ac_lanham has earned his spursac_lanham has earned his spursac_lanham has earned his spursac_lanham has earned his spursac_lanham has earned his spursac_lanham has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporkgod50 View Post
we all would, but he'll say something when he is ready or he want. I'm relatively new here too.
I just don't wanna have to type of label placed on me. I love hearing what people in the know have to say.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:14 PM   #14251
ELCID14
4-Star

Male

ELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid99 View Post
The recent coaching changes & the fact they told him 3+ months ago = why it is now public. reducing# of scholarships in13' class is a good idea....I promise. Remember the sanctions involve scholarships & have nothing to do with whether we sign 25 on NSD or not. People talk about LB recruiting, but Yannick & the nasty a@@crazy dude w the Auburn tat are the only two who.could play this year. Either sign 25 now or get them in 14'....230#+ or nothing....
Foster?
Old 12-10-2012, 11:23 PM   #14252
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK
Default Re: Yannick Ngakoue Thread (2013 Prospect)

Any news
Old 12-10-2012, 11:31 PM   #14253
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material
Default Re: USC will check JUCOs to replace Rolin

I sent Rolin a couple of tweets wishing him well but there are some disappointed Gamecock fans and he could have shined in Whammy's defense and players like him could help us get over the hump. His decision has been made but had to tell him to mull over coming back. Yeah, probably dumb to tweet him and he won't give them a second thought but a tweet he sent out said he was getting nasty tweets and I assumed it was from some fringe Gamecock fans. Wanted to clear up we don't all have bad blood against players until we face them in games. Wish he'd pull a Mike Davis and de-commit from UF and come back to Gamecock Nation.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:32 PM   #14254
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

CockyCash: 283
BornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPit

ETG summed up my thoughts.

He waivered and so did we
"I think maybe we should just sit here quietly now and not say anything, and let you just kinda contemplate on the news I just dropped on you, and let me just kinda contemplate on my own pain and sorrows right now."

Kenny Powers
Old 12-10-2012, 11:32 PM   #14255
ELCID14
4-Star

Male

ELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spurs

I'm sorry guys but Rolin's defection really burns me, I really want this kid here ....just had to get that off my chest.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:35 PM   #14256
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material
Wink Re: Kight Dallas Thread (2013 Commitment)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELCID14 View Post
Foster?
This is a true soap opera and better than most movies. Are elcid99 and elcid14 related?
Old 12-10-2012, 11:36 PM   #14257
ELCID14
4-Star

Male

Nope.....
Old 12-10-2012, 11:40 PM   #14258
lchite4
4-Star

Male

lchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELCID14 View Post
I'm sorry guys but Rolin's defection really burns me, I really want this kid here ....just had to get that off my chest.
We all hear ya bro. Join the club.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:46 PM   #14259
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbert G willigers View Post
As much as the de-committments of Langley and Rolin hurt, I trust our coaching staff to sign quality guys out of the JUCO ranks. We have had success in the past with guys like Josh Dickerson, Tony Straughter, the Brinkley twins, Chaz Sutton, Rok Watkins, Big Byron Jerideau, Ladi Aijiboye, the list goes on and on. The only thing I worry about is the fact that the it is getting relatively late in the recruiting period, hopefully we can salvage some quality guys going under the radar that don't have a lot of offers and would love to receive a Carolina offer. A lot of times, those are the kind of guys that truly appreciate the opportunity they are being given and are willing to do whatever it takes to succeed, both athletically and academically.
Chaz and Ladi weren't Juco they were prep. Just a little FYI

Old 12-10-2012, 11:47 PM   #14260
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbert G willigers View Post
Here's an article written about Reuben a while back, when he was still an Auburn commit. Say what you want about this guy, but his potential on the field easily outweighs the risks of bringing him in. His quotes in this article make me want to run through a brick wall, this guy is unreal. I will give my left nut for this guy to be our linebacker ahhhhhh

http://www.usatodayhss.com/secretwea...ets-to-success

I loathe the word 'beast' that's attributed to little douches all over college football, but this m'fer is a godda**ed BEAST! What a friggin maniac! I love this kid!!