CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
El Cid Ranger
WeStillOwnUSC
GarnetSwarm1990
taylorssc
USCNowAndForever
gamecockgal
SC Sandlapper
Gamecocks1137
B-G
ConwayGamecock
Interesting quotes f (2067)
Have you ever been s (1283)
Tennessee Offense Br (812)
Key for 2015 defense (769)
Women's Team Ranked (511)
This season and recr (441)
Skai Moore out for U (435)
Lebron makes Clevela (342)
SEC Coaches Dress Up (235)
For all the uniform (191)
2016 - Jovan Kinlaw
Uniforms for Tenn
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Have you ever been so wro
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
We're going to the NCAA T
Season Tickets
Key for 2015 defense
Women's Team Ranked #2 In
Wallpaper & Backgroun

Old 12-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #241
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

CockyCash: 500
gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly
Default Re: Rolin to Florida

Wow. I thought he just said it was 50/50 to be respectul to FL with official visit. Oh well.
Also, did USC somehow just help him with his recent surgery?
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #242
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material

Here's to Florida getting a A$$ whoopin in their bowl game!!!
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:48 PM   #243
wilbert G willigers
4-Star

Male

wilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurs

I'm not going to bash the guy to the extent that others have, but I will say that the way Rolin handled this was inappropriate in my opinion. As much as I love my Gamecocks, it is understandable for a high school senior with so many people in his ear to have a change of heart concerning such an important decision. That being said, I am indifferent in my hopes for his future. If he does well, good for him. If he never makes significant contributions, good for him as well.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #244
KaneisAble
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockTail View Post
In talking to some of my Gator friends, UF is concerned that he may flip back, and were suprised that he flipped in the first place. I am not saying he will or that we would even still have an offer for him, but this came from left field as far as they are concerned as well.
I've seen a lot of people in here posting "if you say too many mean things he may not flip back!"

He's an EE. He's gone.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #245
KaneisAble
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86 GradCock View Post
Any chance that the coaching staff may have cooled on him? I haven't heard anything, but it is a logical conclusion given the kid seemed to be 100% Gamecock. With his injury likely delaying him from contributing and the scholly reductions we now face, I could see this as a situation where the coaches leveled with Rolin as to his chances for meaningful PT.

The inferiority complex that some fans seem to attribute to the program couldn't be further from reality at this point. USC has turned the corner in grand fashion and I trust Spurrier and company to move us in the right direction.
I agree that we've turned a major corner, but turning a corner and being on par as an overall program w/ Georgia and Florida are not the same things. We've been competitive (and beaten them, particularly UGA, consistently) but we've been to one SEC title game ever and never been to a BCS game. Those two programs are always in the mix or never too far from being back in it (and I understand scheduling plays a part, again, particularly for UGA).

It's about resources, track record of sending kids to the NFL, etc. And we may not presently be inferior to them in terms of talent or potential, there's still an element/fear that we're never going to get over the hump. It doesn't mean it's true that we won't, but the fear is real for many fans. (Maybe not you; good for you.)
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:11 PM   #246
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 420
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
TBS...talking about this today.

The guy looks more impressive on film than just about any LB we've gotten under Spurrier. I'm no expert but he clearly tackles really well, has great instincts, and good speed. Highly doubt our coaches would've pursued him so hard and accepted a commitment from him if they had so many concerns. Sure he has 20 pounds to gain but all of that just sounds like sour grapes to me. Funny how this stuff comes out after he decommits.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:13 PM   #247
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
The guy looks more impressive on film than just about any LB we've gotten under Spurrier. Sure he has 20 pounds to gain but all of that just sounds like sour grapes to me.
They originally offered him as a TE so how is that sour grapes? Most that follow recruiting new the Staff thought he was a better TE than LB. They told him he would have a chance to play LB but they were never high on Rolin as a LB. His film means nothing to our Staff as they saw him in person. They were not sold on him being a LB after having him in Camp. That is not sour grapes just factual information.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:18 PM   #248
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 420
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
They originally offered him as a TE so how is that sour grapes? Most that follow recruiting new the Staff thought he was a better TE than LB. They told him he would have a chance to play LB but they were never high on Rolin as a LB. His film means nothing to our Staff as they saw him in person. They were not sold on him being a LB after having him in Camp. That is not sour grapes just factual information.

Good to know
Old 12-11-2012, 01:20 PM   #249
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Good to know
Not saying they - our Staff - was right or wrong here but that's what they thought. My opinion is this is what rubbed Rolin the wrong way. Only time will tell who was right and wrong.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:05 PM   #250
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
I'm going to refrain from bashing the kid, but I'm upset like everyone else. You should never lose legacies and USC has missed on two this year, Rolin and Demarcus Robinson. They had to come from behind to get Jordan Diggs last year and they are going to have to put in a lot of work to get Christian Miller next year. It shouldn't be like that. Legacies should be slam dunks. Yet it seems like USC has to sweat them out every year.

Kelcy Quarles is another example and they are lucky he didn't OV to Tennessee or they may have lost him too
Robinson had a family member go to USC? He just decommitted from CU and committed to UF.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:30 PM   #251
CCtiger91
One of a Kind

Male

CockyCash: 107880
CCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot material

As stated above 4-star WR Demarcus Robinson just decommitted from Clemson to join Rolin in Gainesville as well...
Old 12-12-2012, 09:32 PM   #252
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Haven't read this anywhere on here or anywhere else for that matter but my Dad says he heard Rolin's girlfriend goes or is going to UF and that is why he is going there. Now I'm not starting a rumor, even though I guess you could see it that way, I'm just telling what my Dad said he heard. He reads other message boards and maybe someone said this on one of those, don't know. Just saying that is something he heard, Rolin following his girlfriend to UF. If mods want to delete this, that's ok. Just passing along a reason my Dad heard he may have chose them over us.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:43 PM   #253
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Let's also not forget that Rolin's team won the Virginia state AA championship last week (50 - 0) for the third year in a row.....they now will be required to play AAA (top level) next year. Maybe he looked so good because he was playing on a team that already had a ton of talent, not to mention they were playing against lesser competition. Maybe if they had been playing on the AAA level this year, he would have had to play against Derrick Green at Hermitage in Richmond, then we could have found out what he could do against much better competition.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:55 PM   #254
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material
Wink Re: Rolin to Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCtiger91 View Post
As stated above 4-star WR Demarcus Robinson just decommitted from Clemson to join Rolin in Gainesville as well...
The state of Florida hates both of us.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:00 PM   #255
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCtiger91 View Post
I doubt if Robinson is going to Florida because Rolin is going there. He's leaving Clemson because he has no idea who the OC will be next year and the OC there now is doing everything he can to get out of town.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote