CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
Gamecocks1137
gsgp
ColaCock
doubledribble
WeStillOwnUSC
Regalcock
kingofnerf
PosiVibeWarrior
TAFC 5 1981
TN game weather (968)
Troubles in Tigertow (950)
Who is your favorite (813)
Marvel releases movi (372)
Michigan AD Dave Bra (354)
Aliens Are Real (282)
FSU vs. Louisville (277)
Virgin Spaceship Exp (205)
Need a ride tomorrow (127)
Brady Hoke Motivatio (116)
NCAAF: FLORIDA @ GEORGIA
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
NCAAF: TEXAS CHRISTIAN @
NCAAF: KENTUCKY @ MISSOUR
NCAAF: OLD DOMINION @ VAN
Cavs vs. Bulls
NCAAF: AUBURN @ MISSISSIP
NCAAF: STANFORD @ OREGON
NCAAF: TEXAS @ TEXAS TECH
NCAAF: NOTRE DAME @ NAVY

Old 12-11-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
gobluejeff86
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
gobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervous
Default Michigan fans' view on matchup

Hey all-as I'm reading through some of the posts on your board, it seems like a lot of you think Michigan fans aren't respecting you or are planning on an easy win. Nothing could be further from the truth. Most fans I've talked to think you will beat us fairly easily, for several reasons. The Big Ten was awful this year.
Our offense struggles against athletic defenses. Our defense isn't as good as our ratings might indicate, it has more to do with our slow tempo on offense.

Many of the people talking trash are those that our Sparty neighbors like to call "Wal-Mart Wolverines"-people who never attended the school, but buy the gear at Wal-Mart and talk about the team using "We" and "Us". Personally, I'm hoping for a competitive game, but believe we'd need several breaks, i.e. turnovers, to make that happen.

There is quite a bit of disdain for the SEC as a whole, based on things like oversigning and what is perceived as lots of corruption/improper benefits-we all assume that all of your schools are cheating, while ours don't. (Except for Ohio State, of course.) Whether it's truth or not, that's where it comes from. NOBODY has disdain for the quality of football you play, though...
gobluejeff86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:12 PM   #2
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

CockyCash: 400
StretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his comb
Default Re: Michigan fans view on matchup

Looking forward to a good game in Tampa. I'm glad we are playing a storied team like Michigan.
StretfordEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:40 PM   #3
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 24390296
COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material

Thank you for the post. I am excited about the matchup. This year's Michigan team isn't on par with your typical teams, but it's nice to play a team with history.

If the NCAA dug deep enough I believe they could find issues with just about any program that puts any pride in their football, regardless of what league they are in. I believe the only difference between the SEC and all the other conferences is that every school prides themselves with expectations to compete, other than Vandy and Kentucky... in football of course.
COCKYTALKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:41 PM   #4
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material

I can appreciate the input but i hate michigan sorry... i just cant bring myself to say anything nice about michigan.
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:43 PM   #5
gobluejeff86
Walk On

Male

gobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervous

No worries, I feel exactly the same way about Ohio State. No hate for SC, though-not enough history between the two schools.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:46 PM   #6
Spotter22
Blue Chip

Male

Spotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPit

Love the matchup with you guys. Has a big game feel to it! As for the cheating etc..... by the SEC? I learned a long time ago that when you are winning and somebody else isnt, you must be cheating. ;)
Spotter22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #7
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

I expect a close game. I do like Michigan, probably because you guys hate Ohio State, as I do.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #8
CarolinaBand
MiLB

Male

CockyCash: 1575
CarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobluejeff86 View Post
Hey all-as I'm reading through some of the posts on your board, it seems like a lot of you think Michigan fans aren't respecting you or are planning on an easy win. Nothing could be further from the truth. Most fans I've talked to think you will beat us fairly easily, for several reasons. The Big Ten was awful this year.
Our offense struggles against athletic defenses. Our defense isn't as good as our ratings might indicate, it has more to do with our slow tempo on offense.

Many of the people talking trash are those that our Sparty neighbors like to call "Wal-Mart Wolverines"-people who never attended the school, but buy the gear at Wal-Mart and talk about the team using "We" and "Us". Personally, I'm hoping for a competitive game, but believe we'd need several breaks, i.e. turnovers, to make that happen.

There is quite a bit of disdain for the SEC as a whole, based on things like oversigning and what is perceived as lots of corruption/improper benefits-we all assume that all of your schools are cheating, while ours don't. (Except for Ohio State, of course.) Whether it's truth or not, that's where it comes from. NOBODY has disdain for the quality of football you play, though...

It pretty much goes for all fan bases that the vocal minority are the worst fans, I don't think any rational Carolina fan would say that Michigan would be an easy win nor would we expect the majority of your fans to say the same.

btw, Ohio is the worst
Old 12-11-2012, 01:57 PM   #9
hubbarjm
Count of Monte Fisto

Male

hubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talons

To be honest I think Clowney will have a field day on Denard and crew, getting his 2013 Heisman watch started on New Years day.
hubbarjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #10
gobluejeff86
Walk On

Male

I thought he was leaving after this year-or is that only Lattimore?
Old 12-11-2012, 02:19 PM   #11
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

Clowney will be a true Junior next year, so he can't go pro until 2014.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:20 PM   #12
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
It's only Lattimore. Clowney is "only" a sophomore...

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:21 PM   #13
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

Quote:
Clowney is only a sophmore so he can't leave , you might be thinking of lattimore.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #14
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Michigan fans should hate South Carolina to their core.

After all, there's nothing but dumbasses from Ohio living in South Carolina anymore.
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #15
hubbarjm
Count of Monte Fisto

Male

hubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Michigan fans should hate South Carolina to their core.

After all, there's nothing but dumbasses from Ohio living in South Carolina anymore.
So we have two fan bases united by their hate of Ohio State/Urban Meyer. Should be some pleasant tailgating.
hubbarjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:36 PM   #16
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Hey wolverines, remember this guy???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...1gF9PE#t=7366s

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #17
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Unfortunately we can't oversign any more. Wish we could.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #18
Cockyhard
Blue Chip

Male

Cockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his comb

My wife is from Michigan ... and I am a Carolina Grad and from here... so I admit I love this match up.... Especially with Michigans history... Arent they still the winningest program in NCAAF history... I also admit I pull for Michigan on occasion... I also hate Ohio State

Is football season here yet???
Cockyhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:01 PM   #19
gobluejeff86
Walk On

Male

At the time, we thought that losing to Appy St. was as bad as it could get for our football program. Then, we hired RichRod...
Old 12-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #20
gobluejeff86
Walk On

Male

Yes, we lead in wins by a pretty decent margin-we did lead in winning percentage as well, but not sure if that is still the case.