CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
WeStillOwnUSC
snruter amabon
SCrules
ChickenButt
NAGamecockFan
cockybreeyan
seamus
kick_ball
trapper82
Spurrier Press confe (1897)
why we're in this po (1848)
Predict the Season ( (1650)
Pharoh Cooper is a s (1556)
Dylan Thompson picke (1317)
Waldrop & Willia (1149)
Acock's Wrap Up: Van (1099)
Look who's at the bo (741)
Vols dismiss RB for (673)
Dillon Day suspended (647)
SEC on CBS Coming to an E
Defense not an issue....
Antonio Allen vs Alshon J
Dylan Thompson picked as
Spurrier Press conference
Kendrick salley
Waldrop & Williams
open discussion of this t
Legitimate, Unbiased Opin
why we're in this positio

Old 12-11-2012, 04:13 PM   #21
mick66
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Will Morris end up at Texas Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
If he doesn't get Texas Tech, and I don't think he will, then Ark ST would be logical. If they liked Malzahn, then they should like his protoge. Either way, I don,t care, our defense owns him anyway.
The reason I don't think that will happen is that he would probably have to take a huge pay cut to go to Ark St. Malzahn was making $850,000 and that was only a year removed from winning the NC, so can't see them upping that by another half mil or so for Morris.
mick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:16 PM   #22
cockinraleigh
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 88700
cockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
If Morris goes, Boyd and Hopkins should step out too. See Exhibit A.
Besides the 8 more picks and a drop in completion % that's really not that big a difference.
cockinraleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:19 PM   #23
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockinraleigh View Post
Besides the 8 more picks and a drop in completion % that's really not that big a difference.
But the guy was the pre-season Heisman favorite. In the end, he wasn't even in the conversation. He didn't come out last year because Luck and RGIII were in front of him....

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:35 PM   #24
cockinraleigh
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 88700
cockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
But the guy was the pre-season Heisman favorite. In the end, he wasn't even in the conversation. He didn't come out last year because Luck and RGIII were in front of him....
I think his draft stock is still pretty high though. He would go before Boyd.
cockinraleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:03 PM   #25
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Texas Tech AD is in Anderson to interview Morris per Twitter.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:08 PM   #26
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by treys1986 View Post
Thanks trey. Hope it goes well
Old 12-11-2012, 05:10 PM   #27
mick66
Starter

Male

mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Not questioning that report, but wouldn't it be out of the ordinary for an AD to fly around the country interviewing candidates rather than having the candidates come to your university to interview?
mick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:14 PM   #28
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

If I could take screenshots of said Tweets I would. There are quotes from the AD to Greg Wallace, the Clemson beat writer for the Anderson paper, and to Larry Williams of TI. He confirmed to them he was there to Interview Morris. Morris showed up and wasn't very happy to see them there. Made the quote to them that, "I've done everything for you two." Whatever that means.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:23 PM   #29
d20636
Haven't seen your acid...

Male

CockyCash: 1360
d20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot material

Quote:
If I could take screenshots of said Tweets I would. There are quotes from the AD to Greg Wallace, the Clemson beat writer for the Anderson paper, and to Larry Williams of TI. He confirmed to them he was there to Interview Morris. Morris showed up and wasn't very happy to see them there. Made the quote to them that, "I've done everything for you two." Whatever that means.
At first I thouhgt you meant he said that to Wallace and Hocutt - completely missed the Williams connection until I re-read the tweets... wow.

Greg Wallace ‏@aimclemson
Morris to @LarryWilliamsTI and I: "I've done everything with you guys."

Morris arrived. Didn't seem as happy to see us. Declined comment.

Texas Tech charter plane pulling up to gate. pic.twitter.com/DkIkpolD

@CUMicah @larrywilliamsti I'll give assist to FlightAware as well.

He didn't seem too surprised to see @LarryWilliamsTI and myself. Nice guy.

Hocutt says he'd like to finish search as soon as possible but will take time to make the right decision.

Talked with Kirby Hocutt. Confirmed he's here to talk with Chad Morris.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:32 PM   #30
LeeSC
Melvin bowls...overhand.

Male

LeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot material

Tigernet isnt happy about this. Word has leaked out that Morris talked to USF and Auburn also which he has denied. Adding fuel to the fire, Venables name has gotten thrown in about taking off with Morris if he gets the job.
LeeSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:36 PM   #31
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Their DB coach took a hike as well.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:37 PM   #32
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeSC View Post
Tigernet isnt happy about this. Word has leaked out that Morris talked to USF and Auburn also which he has denied. Adding fuel to the fire, Venables name has gotten thrown in about taking off with Morris if he gets the job.

Holy hell I will die from laughter if this happens
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:37 PM   #33
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeSC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
Rats fleeing the sinking ship?

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:38 PM   #34
CCtiger91
One of a Kind

Male

CockyCash: 107880
CCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot material

There will be a large outcry if Morris leaves but you won't see one from me. He probably deserves a HC spot and we knew this was just a stepping stone for him about half way through last season. I don't know why people are acting surprised, maybe just selfishness. I wish Morris the best if he leaves and I'll be a big fan of his. With that said, he isn't the only coach in the nation that knows how to run a hurry-up spread offense.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:42 PM   #35
d20636
Haven't seen your acid...

Male

CockyCash: 1360
d20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
And I hear they're hiring the NC State DB coach to replace him...

The one they racked up 62 points against this year...

Old 12-11-2012, 05:42 PM   #36
Ole Gregg
make an assessment

Male

CockyCash: 7567085
Ole Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot material

not to worry, they still have dumbo.
oh wait, I forgot bama wants dumbo for head cheerleader.

time to worry.
w
\.
" Are you playing your love games with me? "
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxaP19pY1FI
Ole Gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #37
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCtiger91 View Post
There will be a large outcry if Morris leaves but you won't see one from me. He probably deserves a HC spot and we knew this was just a stepping stone for him about half way through last season. I don't know why people are acting surprised, maybe just selfishness. I wish Morris the best if he leaves and I'll be a big fan of his. With that said, he isn't the only coach in the nation that knows how to run a hurry-up spread offense.
Thats a pretty good outlook CC. Not much we as fans can do about it and the enevitable is just that....enevitable*
Old 12-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #38
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

If I were a coach at clempson...

Wait a second, what am I saying, ROFL.

Anyway, if I were one of those guys, why would I hang around? Apparently Dabo can do no wrong, we live in a Twilight Zone where all the coordinators get blamed for losing games. What head coach gets this leeway?? Only Dabo, it amazes me. Meanwhile, Dabo gets coach of the year in the ACC and Nationally too. So if I am there, I bust my hump, and he gets ALL the praise and NONE of the blame? I think not...I'll take my chances elsewhere.
trapper82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:00 PM   #39
carolina2010
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 756
carolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudly

I thought the db coach from Auburn was going to be the db coach at Clemson.
carolina2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:08 PM   #40
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

I think Morris is gone to Texas Tech...and I think he takes Venables with him...they both just seem out of place at Clemson in the ACC...they just feel like Big 12 coaches.

Of course, if that happens, who does Dabo get?
Promote Jeff Scott to OC (what WCCP has been championing) and find another DC who is worth $1 mil.
That may actually kill them in the future...future coordinators will want $1 mil from them, and that could drastically handcuff any future searches.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote