CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
johnnyb
Cockhornleghorn
GamecockMomSC
2000grad
markymark550
Regalcock
ZenUSC
We Have to Pass (2099)
Rivalry Thoughts and (1526)
Spurrier weekly pres (1407)
This would be awesom (928)
How is Shaq Davidson (754)
McConaughey cast as (498)
Perspective on our g (485)
SEC referees? (339)
Defense and offense (336)
Black Friday Hard Co (278)
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
Currently 2nd in attendan
Interesting stat
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
Why has there been 40 yea
We Have to Pass
SEC referees?
RG3 - Struggles Not Getti
2015 - Darius Slayton
College Football PSA (urg

Old 12-10-2012, 02:46 PM   #101
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 200
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: College Football Coaching Carousel

Why would Tubberville go to Cincy....??
Old 12-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #102
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 126034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Did Cinci hire a better coach than UT? That is hilarious
Old 12-10-2012, 03:00 PM   #103
cockinraleigh
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 78700
cockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot material

So with Texas Tech now open. Do they call Morris? He's a Texas guy
cockinraleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:33 PM   #104
GamecockinBoulder
Recruit

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: 2nd place in 2007 Bowl Pickem 
CockyCash: 500
GamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockinraleigh View Post
So with Texas Tech now open. Do they call Morris? He's a Texas guy
My next door neighbor is a TTU alum and told me that it's down to Kliff Kingsbury and Chad Morris. I find that odd, neither has HC experience.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:47 PM   #105
talon
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2400
talon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPit

want the wide open O
talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:52 PM   #106
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockinBoulder View Post
My next door neighbor is a TTU alum and told me that it's down to Kliff Kingsbury and Chad Morris. I find that odd, neither has HC experience.
Neither did Mike Leach.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:03 PM   #107
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Im hearing Morris is going to get the job.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:23 PM   #108
Schecter
Banned

Male

Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material

Chad is doing everything in his power to leave Clemson... It's hilarious. what's even funnier is he's trying to hard, but keeps getting rejected.
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:57 PM   #109
wilbert G willigers
4-Star

Male

wilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurswilbert G willigers has earned his spurs

One would think that Kingsbury has the edge when it comes to the Texas Tech job due to him being familiar with the program as an alum and the intrigue of a young coach with the chance to make a name for himself at the school. Morris's offenses at CU have repeatedly flopped against legit defensive competition, but the Big 12 isn't exactly a defensibly elite league, so maybe he would work out well there. Who knows, we should find out in the next couple of days
Old 12-10-2012, 10:05 PM   #110
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockinBoulder View Post
Look at the school morris is at now. Plus Morris has LOTS of connections in texas.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:07 PM   #111
Tater Tom
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Tater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schecter View Post
Chad is doing everything in his power to leave Clemson... It's hilarious. what's even funnier is he's trying to hard, but keeps getting rejected.
Quote:
"I have not interviewed or been offered a job," Morris said in a text.
Morris said he has been in Clemson helping the offensive staff prepare for Clemson's Dec. 31st Chick-fil-A Bowl date with No. 7 LSU.
"I've been in Clemson all day, and I am home with my family now," he replied.
lol, sounds like he's really clawing at the door.
Tater Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:16 PM   #112
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tater Tom View Post
Coach's translation:

We had a phone interview now they are going to make a decision and let me know. Probably after the Chic Fil A bowl if its me.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:56 PM   #113
Schecter
Banned

Male

Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material

Quote:
"I did not interview for NC State, Arkansas, Auburn, Tennessee, USF, or Arky state either... it's all rumor. I was here to whole time." Whatever helps you sleep at night!
Old 12-11-2012, 06:35 PM   #114
Schecter
Banned

Male

Quote:
http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ng-job-sources

I guess we should always trust what the Chad says.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:47 PM   #115
d20636
Haven't seen your acid...

Male

CockyCash: 1360
d20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot material

Quote:
One day later and the TT AD flies to Anderson where Chad arrives, not too happy to see 2 reporters there as well...

"Like sands through the hourglass these are the days of our lives..." Nice little soap opera going on there!

Old 12-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #116
Erik
Banned

Male

Erik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPit

Not a HC job, but Dameyune Craig, current QB and head recruiting coordinator at FSU is a heavy favorite for the WR job at Auburn. Craig wet many records while he was a QB at Auburn. It'd be a big get, and would help fill the void of Taylor leaving. There is also talk of Tracy Rocker leaving the Titans and rejoining the AU staff as DL coach.
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:48 PM   #117
RedSoxGamecock8
South Orange,NJ

Male

CockyCash: 226
RedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudlyRedSoxGamecock8 is crowing loudly

I wonder if Sonny Dykes didn't jump to Cal would he have been TTU first choice ?
Old 12-12-2012, 09:51 PM   #118
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxGamecock8 View Post
I wonder if Sonny Dykes didn't jump to Cal would he have been TTU first choice ?
I think Cal is a better job.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:59 PM   #119
renegade_doc
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 400
renegade_doc has hatched from the shell

TTU confirms Kingsbury as HC
renegade_doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:08 PM   #120
FeartheSpur
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 717
FeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPit

Chad Morrise to Texas a&M??? His alma Matter
FeartheSpur is offline   Reply With Quote