CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecock88
Dietz
zcoop
GregoryHouse
Yearofthegamecock
Jdallen20
4gamecockfb
roosterdude21
Badazcock
CockyLifer
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (27873)
ESPN Game Day Commen (2200)
Simple "yes&quo (1552)
We actually didnt lo (1308)
Phil Steele just pre (1235)
what I think ab ward (1072)
Eat Crow (981)
Extremely Proud (955)
Garcia: Change the R (785)
I want people to exp (692)
Eat Crow
what I think ab ward
Extremely Proud
Stop bashing Dylan
We would be 7-1 with just
TeMarcus Blanton
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
I want people to explain
Nick Marshall
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr

Old 12-11-2012, 05:54 AM   #121
CockySwede
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 680
CockySwede is sharpening his clawsCockySwede is sharpening his clawsCockySwede is sharpening his clawsCockySwede is sharpening his clawsCockySwede is sharpening his claws
Send a message via ICQ to CockySwede Send a message via AIM to CockySwede Send a message via MSN to CockySwede Send a message via Skype™ to CockySwede
Default Re: Lattimore to NFL

I will support whatever team that takes him!!

Good Luck Marcus!!
CockySwede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:01 AM   #122
Coondog
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

Marcus will always be one of my favorite Gamecocks of all time. I can't wait to see him play on Sundays. Good luck Marcus!
Coondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #123
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1373
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

I get emails from Footballguys daily. They are a fantasy football guru sight, and send out emails for free to subscribers, with each email detailing a certain bit of news, followed by their spin on said news. Their paid members get a lot more detail, but I am not that serious with fantasy football. Anyways, here is a qoute from the email today...

Quote:
- Marcus Lattimore may sit rookie campaign
Source: ESPN.com - Joe Schad
South Carolina RB Marcus Lattimore (knee), who has declared for the NFL Draft, may have to sit his rookie season as he rehabs an extensive injury to the anterior cruciate ligament and lateral collateral ligament in his right knee. Lattimore believes that focusing entirely on his rehabilitation with NFL team doctors will help him recover the quickest, according to a source. Lattimore has set a goal of jogging and catching passes at the end of March for NFL executives, and plans to visit with them at the NFL Scouting Combine.
[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ OUR VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]
No surprise here. The RB class next year isn't brimming with talent. In fact, we don't think there will be a RB taken in the first-round. Lattimore would've been a top 15 pick had he not sustained a serious knee injury. Missing his first year isn't that big of a deal. Both Ricky Watters and Willis McGahee missed their first seasons in the NFL due to injury.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #124
GoUSCocks8
Manager of Sport

Male

CockyCash: 500
GoUSCocks8 has hatched from the shell

Best of luck to Marcus Lattimore heading to the NFL. I hope he comes back and has a strong and profitable career because he deserves some good things to happen for him. I have a list of teams that I think would be the best fits for him and his future, because as soon as he is healthy I think he could be a very good NFL RB and compete for a starting job once fully healthy.

Best places for Marcus Lattimore:
1. Atlanta - Close to home, Gamecocks on the team, aging big power back in Michael Turner to learn from then replace.
2. Green Bay - Winning organization with no solid RB in place, his power running could be powerful on the frozen tundra.
3. New England - Another winning organization in cold weather, with marginal running backs
4. Denver - Winning, cold, and learn from Willis McGahee who has been in a similar situation that he has been.
5. Indianapolis - Team on the rise with potential openings at RB
6. Washington - Biased pick (because I am a Redskins fan), but he could spell Alfred Morris better than Royster or Helu and a pass catcher out of the backfield is the only thing missing in that offense.

Honorable mention: Miami (eventual replacement for Reggie Bush), KC (Thunder to Jamaal Charles' lightning).

He should avoid (unlikely he gets that ability to choose) the New York Jets, Dallas, Philly, San Diego, Oakland, Arizona, and Pittsburgh (unless they can fix their O-Line and then Pittsburgh would be good for him).

What do y'all think?
A round of applause for Marcus.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
GoUSCocks8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #125
Cockystona
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 0
Cockystona is developing his combCockystona is developing his combCockystona is developing his combCockystona is developing his combCockystona is developing his combCockystona is developing his combCockystona is developing his combCockystona is developing his combCockystona is developing his comb

I would love more than anything to see him go to Atlanta, but mainly just because I am selfish. Ole "Tiptoe" Turner isn't cutting it anymore and needs a replacement as quick as they can get him one.
Cockystona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:47 PM   #126
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

As long as he doesn't go to the Saints* or Falcons I will be happy, cannot pull either one of those teams, especially the Taints.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #127
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Atlanta would seem like a very likely location, especially with Turner who's already 30.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:59 PM   #128
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

While we are on the subject, do you guys think a QB will be taken as the overall pick again this year? I for one do not think so, not much to choose from.
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:05 PM   #129
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGamecock View Post
While we are on the subject, do you guys think a QB will be taken as the overall pick again this year? I for one do not think so, not much to choose from.
Jarvis Jones.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:08 PM   #130
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Yes.
Because with the new Rookie Pay Scale you won't see Sam Bradford or Matt Stafford type contracts, therefore teams can get someone else 2-3 years down the road (example with Jacksonville possibly being done with Gabbert)

I would not be surprised to see Barkley or Geno taken first overall. (Or someone else who shows out at the combine like say Ryan Tannehill or Christian Ponder)

The only guy I can possibly see go above is Star Lotulelei or an OT (Luke Joeckel)

#LukeForMod

Old 12-11-2012, 07:17 PM   #131
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Yes.
Because with the new Rookie Pay Scale you won't see Sam Bradford or Matt Stafford type contracts, therefore teams can get someone else 2-3 years down the road (example with Jacksonville possibly being done with Gabbert)

I would not be surprised to see Barkley or Geno taken first overall. (Or someone else who shows out at the combine like say Ryan Tannehill or Christian Ponder)

The only guy I can possibly see go above is Star Lotulelei or an OT (Luke Joeckel)
What about LB Jarvis Jones?
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:31 PM   #132
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
What about LB Jarvis Jones?
I just don't see a 3-4 OLB going first overall especially when the Chiefs bigger need is QB

And although the Chiefs currently run a 3-4, that will probably change with Romeo getting fired.

Another thing that won't shock me, Saban heading to the Browns and them taking Jarvis.

#LukeForMod

Old 12-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #133
KaneisAble
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Yes.

I know the premium placed on QB, but Barkley and Smith have seen their stock fade considerably. Either one (or someone we're not even aware of at QB) could show out at the combine, but Barkley's projected as going in the 2nd round in some places. I still think they both go first round, but my money would be on it being mid to late at the earliest.

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/bar...nfl-draft.html
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:33 PM   #134
KaneisAble
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Well the team taking number 1 would need to be a 3-4 team.
I just don't see a 3-4 OLB going first overall especially when the Chiefs bigger need is QB
Obviously team need is a huge consideration. I just think Barkley will be there. He's not a number 1 overall prospect. (IMO.)
Old 12-11-2012, 07:36 PM   #135
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post
Obviously team need is a huge consideration. I just think Barkley will be there. He's not a number 1 overall prospect. (IMO.)
I agree with this although I don't think Jones will be the first overall pick.

I still believe Chiefs take QB, but if they move to 4-3 with Romeo leaving, Star could be the pick.

#LukeForMod

Old 12-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #136
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Lattimore will be the biggest "what could have been" player in USC history. Disappointing.

I hope he makes it back and kicks ass in the pros.

davidmc467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #137
KaneisAble
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
I agree with this although I don't think Jones will be the first overall pick.

I still believe Chiefs take QB, but if they move to 4-3 with Romeo leaving, Star could be the pick.
I don't think he will either. Top 5 probably. But not number 1. And if Romeo Crennell survives this season then something is bad wrong.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:52 PM   #138
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

wish the best for ML. Fabulous representative of the University of South Carolina and man-kind in general
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:17 PM   #139
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

press conference tomorrow at 4pm for the announcement.

also signed with agent Pat Dye Jr., is leaving for Florida Friday to start training.

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:24 PM   #140
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

I feel happy and sad at the same time with this announcement. We will miss him next year, but I do think this is the best decision for Marcus. I will watch the draft and pray for the best team for him. Good luck Marcus!
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote