CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
U-Dub Gamecock
rosstheboss
ReadR00ster
Latti
donbgamecock
GamecockStud
ConwayGamecock
Bobby Boucher
Regalcock
El Cid Ranger
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (7329)
Sindarius Thornwell (628)
BREAD (600)
Dress shirt help (412)
Best Child Acting Pe (379)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (255)
Well gameday just go (233)
Chicago ND fan/SEC b (186)
South Carolina @ Aub (176)
Unsung Hero (139)
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
Softball takes final game
BREAD
Burger Kings angry whoppe
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Gamecocks in the Majors/M
boiled peanuts
Happy Birthday, Coach Spu
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3

View Poll Results: Who is the number one guy on your board?
Tyrone Crowder 12 13.64%
Larenz Bryant 16 18.18%
Kelsey Griffin 2 2.27%
Matt Rolin 25 28.41%
Michael Hill 8 9.09%
Na'Ty Rodgers 2 2.27%
Mike Williams 16 18.18%
Tyshon Dye 2 2.27%
David Williams 1 1.14%
MarQuez North 4 4.55%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 12:41 AM   #14381
dieselcock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
dieselcock has feathers coming indieselcock has feathers coming indieselcock has feathers coming in
Default crunch time....

I know the coaches have a plan but it seems we are looking to fill a lot of positions with very few spots.....what can we realistically do? I think Williams and Rodgers are 1 and 2 but after that I see probably 2 maybe 3 spots to fill...so DB is one and we have to land a LB..will we still have room and go after a DL guy? I see we are still looking at a couple,so I assume our number will be 5 .
Old 12-12-2012, 01:01 AM   #14382
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default Re: Reuben Foster Thread (2013 Prospect)

Mixed emotions here.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:06 AM   #14383
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material
Default Re: Yannick Ngakoue Thread (2013 Prospect)

LB Yannick Ngakoue of Washington, DC will make an official visit to USC in January his coach confirmed Tuesday night. Ngakoue is a former Maryland commitment but he decommitted in October. He continues to consider the Terps along with Tennessee, Miami and West Virginia. USC is recruiting Ngakoue as an inside linebacker. He may wait until the Under Armour Game to announce a decision.
http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...and-linebacker
Old 12-12-2012, 01:08 AM   #14384
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default Re: Kight Dallas Thread (2013 Prospect)

The writing's been on the wall here for quite some time.

I wish the young man well.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:43 AM   #14385
GDub2001
Banned

Male

GDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPit
Default Might want to reopen the Deadrin Senat thread...

He decommitted from Florida State back in May and now...

DL Deadrin Senat (6-1 311) of Immokalee, FL acknowledged that he has remained in contact with USC and is showing interest in the Gamecocks. He did not want to divulge much more information. "I've got one game to go and I don't really want to talk about recruiting until after that," said Senat. "I don't want to speak out of turn." He did say that he spoke with a USC assistant Monday night. "I've been talking to them and even talked to them last night," he said. "As a matter of fact, I'm going to call them back tonight. They just had a couple of decommits and we'll see where it goes from here. They want me and I want them." Senat has not taken any visits and plans to take all five of his official visits following the season. "I think I'm going to visit (USC) but I haven't set anything up yet," he said. According to Yahoo!Sports his offers include USC, The Citadel, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida State, Florida International, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Kentucky, LSU, Miami, Ole Miss, Missouri, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Nebraska, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Southern Cal and West Virginia among others. He did not name a leader.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...920/-1/PSPORTS
Old 12-12-2012, 01:45 AM   #14386
dreammachine
Starter

Male

dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material
Default Re: What could our recruiters be doing better?

Guys, I sure don't know about recruiting like a few of the more gifted members that we have on this board that keep us all well informed and I thank them for their hard work and dedication to the pursuit of incoming high school talent.

One thing that I do know is this, Coach Brad Lawing stated that he could add stars to any recruit that he wanted to and that kid would move up on most radars of all college football websites. That being said, it is rare to find an 18 year kid that is going to come in Div 1 and dominate play. Granted there are those rare occasions where it happens, but for the vast majority of the time it does not and you will have a lot of kids that came here as 3 Star Athletes turn into big time ball players. I still believe it takes a couple of years for the vast majority of kids to figure out the game in college unless they are a Lattimore or Clowney.

I think that we will be fine with the kids that our staff recruits and I am sure that they recruit based upon needs unless a "true stud" is available and wants to come to South Carolina and play for the Gamecocks.

All of this being said, I do however enjoy our opinions on who and when we think the next big recruit is going to help lead our Gamecocks to an SEC Championship. Keep up the good work and let's post all that we can about any recruits that we think we can get to come here and play for our Gamecocks!
Old 12-12-2012, 01:45 AM   #14387
GDub2001
Banned

Male

GDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPitGDub2001 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Montravious Adams Thread (2013 Prospect)

DL Montravius Adams of Vienna, GA expects to hold true to his plan to announce his top five following the season. His team plays for the state championship Saturday. "I'll probably name them a couple of days after that," said Adams. He is still not ready to reveal any of the schools but says Georgia and Clemson continue to show a lot of interest. On Clemson he said, "I still like them. I just talked to them the other day." Asked if he planned to visit the Tigers, he simply said, "I don't know yet." Auburn has been another school highly involved with Adams but now has a new coaching staff in place. Adams did not rule them out. "I'll have to meet the new staff first before I comment," he said. USC has been in contact with him in the last two weeks as well. "I spoke with coach (Kirk) Botkin," said Adams. He says he likes the Gamecocks but is not sure that he will visit the campus. Adams did not name a leader.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...918/-1/PSPORTS
Old 12-12-2012, 01:48 AM   #14388
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

carolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPit
Default Re: Quinton Powell Thread (2013 Prospect)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickerspl80 View Post
Our recruiting budget is one of the lowest in the country. Fly Steve in to visit Rueben Foster and press hard. That kid has no idea what he really wants to do, so go for it
I don't know about the country, but USC is next to last in the SEC. That doesn't include Vandy, which won't reveal stats.

http://www.mrsec.com/2012/06/sec-foo...iting-budgets/

...and CU jr. spends about twice as much as Carolina.

Ha, in the article CU is Colorado, btw.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/re...ost-recruiting
Old 12-12-2012, 02:01 AM   #14389
Cockyhard
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his comb
Default Re: Might want to reopen the Deadrin Senat thread...

just looked him up on rivals.... sounds like a good get if we are in the mix

Is football season here yet???
Old 12-12-2012, 02:09 AM   #14390
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockyhard View Post
just looked him up on rivals.... sounds like a good get if we are in the mix
Just looking at his offer list he must be a good get. I mean if the Citadel is after him...

Seriously though. USCw, Notre Dame. USCw doesn't make an effort to recruit a kid on the other side of the country if it isn't worth their time.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:12 AM   #14391
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Man. Between his offer sheet and pics, he could be a stud. This is how the big boys do it; shore up those lines and you can turn 2-3 star skill position players into superstars.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:16 AM   #14392
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

carolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPit

I heard a rumor USC had been in touch with TJ Logan.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:28 AM   #14393
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinacoast View Post
I heard a rumor USC had been in touch with TJ Logan.

Whaa? That would be surprising. Unless they're fearful they won't land Williams.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:05 AM   #14394
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post
Whaa? That would be surprising. Unless they're fearful they won't land Williams.
That is what I heard. I am not attesting to the veracity of the claim, which was attributed to Logan, btw.
I think you always have a back up you never quit talking to, just in case the unthinkable happens. With the Bryant commitment to ND, I think there may have been contact. With these kids going down to the wire, you better have a backup plan, even if the recruit you are after is rumored to be a silent.

Last edited by carolinacoast; 12-12-2012 at 06:29 AM.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:23 AM   #14395
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material
Default Re: What could our recruiters be doing better?

Frankly, I haven't a clue. But what just happened is a tad unusual. I'm confident that Coach is on top of things and will make any corrections if he deems that corrections are warranted. The bottom line for me is what happens on the field and, there, I have no complaints ;)
Old 12-12-2012, 09:36 AM   #14396
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Quinton Powell Thread (2013 Prospect)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Rolin's injury I don't think will be a problem for him. He has plenty of time to recover, and I doubt he would play much right away even if he was healthy regardless no matter if he plays at USC or UF. Still I think Rolin's pass defense is out standing and gives him the edge over the other two, also I think that is something we lack a bit out of our linebackers, and have so for quite a while. Rolin was an important piece to the master plan we will just have to find a way to do without.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion - and you could be 100% right - but I can say you are more sold on Rolin at LB than our current Staff was. Also, blowing a knee out is never a good thing.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:45 AM   #14397
Citadel Gamecock
Walk On

Male

Citadel Gamecock has feathers coming inCitadel Gamecock has feathers coming inCitadel Gamecock has feathers coming in

I would love to land this guy, but without a visit I don't think we have a chance.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:52 AM   #14398
Beebop
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 550
Beebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTjacketcock View Post
We may not land this guy, but I found this funny. Here's a picture of him unofficially visiting Clemson for last Saturday's game, and what is he wearing? A garnet-ish Under Armour jacket and a black shirt haha

Is that dude behind him checking out his ARSSS??
Old 12-12-2012, 09:54 AM   #14399
DawginCola
Bowl MVP

Male

DawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPit

He plans on committing on January 19th.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #14400
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

With his size, figure he should be rated higher, may be raw or something.. regardless, we can always use big bodies up front.. a nice 300 lber to replace Byron would be perfect- BRING HIM IN!