CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Bed Sores
mpilot0705
Master Bedroom
ReadR00ster
spareparts
TheUniversityofSC
AtlGAMECOCK
Nick29321
The Yancey
Finbaum Jogs on USC (1470)
The Field (1400)
Spurrier winning at (1073)
I hope Coach Spurrie (966)
One of the great thi (899)
Anyone watching pti (868)
Defensive Backfield (801)
GAME (749)
Death in the family (673)
SDS/Garcia: Entertai (635)
Conflict with Aggies on t
The 3-4
Toughest stadium in the n
mike Davis comparison
Sothern Cal DB injures hi
****Official 2014 Gamecoc
I hope Coach Spurrier get
2015 wbb - Beatrice Mompr
GAME
Anyone else having troubl

Old 12-11-2012, 11:23 PM   #81
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material
Default Re: Presently...Your favorite show on TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockgregg View Post
Game of thrones is #1, followed by The Walking Dead, and American Horror Story. Someone please enlighten me on Duck Dynasty. My wife watches it and raves about it. I watched about half of one episode and wasn't enthused. What am I missing?

The show is basically a Sitcom/Reality show. A whole Cajun Beverly Hillbillies
thing. The people on the show are the Real Robinson Family who run a
large Hunting/Fishing/Outdoors accessories business that was started by
the dad on the show Phil Robertson. It sprang from his love of Duck Hunting
and not being crazy about the sound commercial Duck Calls made, he created
one of his own that mimicked the sound of a real Mallard Duck and it
worked like a charm, and after friends convinced him to try to make and
sell them, he did, and it eventually grew into the company known as
Duck Commander. The shows are scripted but played by the real family
and are a damatized story of them running the business, but staying
true their their Redneck upbringing.

Talk about staying true to your roots, and if you want to see a real
Success story, google Phil Robertson. That guy has one hell of a life
resume, but is basically a guy who grew up smart, athletic, hard working
and stayed throughout his life, a Simple man. Could have done pretty much
anything he wanted to, but decided God, Family and the love of the
outdoors was all that was important in a person's life. Incredible story

Last edited by Spurticus; 12-12-2012 at 06:54 AM.
Spurticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:14 AM   #82
#TeamCocks
Class of 2014

Male

CockyCash: 111473748
#TeamCocks is crowing loudly#TeamCocks is crowing loudly#TeamCocks is crowing loudly#TeamCocks is crowing loudly#TeamCocks is crowing loudly#TeamCocks is crowing loudly#TeamCocks is crowing loudly#TeamCocks is crowing loudly#TeamCocks is crowing loudly#TeamCocks is crowing loudly#TeamCocks is crowing loudly

Big Bang Theory, and Duck Dynasty... cant choose one
Old 12-12-2012, 12:52 AM   #83
GetemGamecocks
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
GetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervous

Key and Peele

Before K&P, I never thought that I would laugh at a sketch comedy show as much as I laughed at Chappelle's Show in its heyday. Not every sketch is hilarious, but they have a legit home run just about every episode, for example this little gem:
GetemGamecocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:14 AM   #84
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

Well, since alot of you answered with more than one show, I'm going to break the rule and do the same thing because I don't have one favorite show. In no particular order:

Dr. Phil
The Ellen Degeneres Show
The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
Breaking Bad
Addicted
Chopped
Intervention
....and I watch alot of The Animal Planet, Discovery Channel, A&E, and the Nat'l Geo Channel.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:23 AM   #85
kmcgarnet
Recruit

Female

CockyCash: 500
kmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his comb

Boardwalk Empire
kmcgarnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:41 AM   #86
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 320
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

NCIS Los Angeles

(Can't believe that hasn't been mentioned yet)
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:50 AM   #87
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

I have quite a number of shows I am 100% in on but I also have a number of shows that I know are great shows that I am holding off on because I never got into them from the start, am now seasons behind and I know that I can pick the show up some year when the slate of shows suck and I can have something great to watch. I did this with the wire this summer.

I can't say which is my favorite because I like them for different reasons.

The "I watch now list"...Sons of Anarchy, Justified, The League, Suits, Nashville, Mad Men, NCIS, Homeland (tho it is currently driving me nuts)

The "ace waiting in the bullpen in game seven list"...Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Dexter, Boardwalk Empire
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:08 AM   #88
Cockyhard
Blue Chip

Male

Cockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his comb

Criminal Minds

Is football season here yet???
Cockyhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:12 AM   #89
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 925
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Supernatural
Old 12-12-2012, 07:42 AM   #90
ERNIET
GAMECOCK 43

Male

CockyCash: 740
ERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervous

NCIS
ERNIET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:47 AM   #91
Beebop
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 550
Beebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudlyBeebop is crowing loudly

"Hey! Look here Jack! Back in Nam we made our own TV shows and got drunk of Coca-Colas, drinking them for 54 hours straight!"

Definitely Duck Dynasty: Now there's one less Yuppie in the world!! I'm Happy! Happy! Happy!
Old 12-12-2012, 10:09 AM   #92
ashley29666
Walk On

Male

ashley29666 has feathers coming inashley29666 has feathers coming in

The walking dead
ashley29666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:52 AM   #93
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 24390296
COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material

New Girl, that show is hilarious.
COCKYTALKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:56 AM   #94
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

I really want to watch Homeland. I have yet to see an episode but I know that I would really enjoy that show.

Also, in January, I'm gong to watch that new show Americans on FX. Its about KGB spies in the '80s posing as a suburban American couple.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:09 PM   #95
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

1. Breaking Bad
2. How I Met Your Mother
3. Burn Notice
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #96
ElTiger
Commander Cool

Male

CockyCash: 300
ElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot material

Breaking Bad, How I met your mother, Dexter, Parks and Recreation.

ElTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:23 PM   #97
PyroPepper
Star Maker

Male

PyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot material

The Steve Spurrier Show

PyroPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:23 PM   #98
wowo
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 2100
wowo is making other chickens nervouswowo is making other chickens nervouswowo is making other chickens nervouswowo is making other chickens nervouswowo is making other chickens nervouswowo is making other chickens nervouswowo is making other chickens nervous

1. DD
2. Walking Dead
3. Grimm
wowo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:33 PM   #99
carolina2010
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 756
carolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroPepper View Post
The Steve Spurrier Show
Haha... I don't know why but I busted out laughing when I saw this
carolina2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:34 PM   #100
cockyness11
4-Star

Male

cockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudly

I would have to say Dooms Day Preppers!!! That new show on TBS the wedding band is pretty funny I think. If you want a clever comedy I would go with Big Bang Theory and Ben & Kate!!!

Last edited by cockyness11; 12-12-2012 at 12:45 PM.
cockyness11 is offline   Reply With Quote