CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
garnet_black215
thekob
Master Bedroom
CockyRyan
Gamecocks1137
Captain9Dragons
USCBASEBALL1
B-G
MWard
Clemson Recruiting.. (4113)
Clowney Spares RB Bi (1693)
Ranking the Opposing (1610)
Not a Rival.. (1226)
Gamecock Coaches as (1023)
Hello Gamecocks! (654)
John Rocker at rock (610)
Marching band (574)
Muschamp + fan = win (259)
Section 16 (234)
Please Post Over/Under Wi
SEC Coaches on the Hot Se
Clemson Recruiting...how
2015 - Mon Denson
So what do you do with 18
Question about tailgating
My predictions for 2014
Shaw Interview: SB Nation
Section 16
Marching band

Old 12-12-2012, 01:38 AM   #41
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material
Default Re: I Know We Love the Block C, But...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellanaesp View Post
Another photoshop...
I usually don't like the mat helmet look but that looks awesome. It's clean and crisp and really stands out. I like that better than the white version. I'd love to see a garnet helmet again.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:22 AM   #42
chrism7d4
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 2061
chrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPitchrism7d4 rules the CockPit

I think they look badass without the block c.
chrism7d4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:37 AM   #43
kmcgarnet
Recruit

Female

CockyCash: 500
kmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his comb

Quote:
Now I'm just bored.

I should be studying for my last exam... meh.
What are you talking about... this is far more important than any exam! :)
kmcgarnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:30 AM   #44
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
I usually don't like the mat helmet look but that looks awesome. It's clean and crisp and really stands out. I like that better than the white version. I'd love to see a garnet helmet again.
Something we agree on.

Would love to see this helmet w/ the garnet instead of white logo. I think that new alternate Mizzou helmet is sick. Better than their early 90s current one.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:59 AM   #45
DJ35
4-Star

Male

DJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetBlack&Blue View Post
JESUS... it's called branding. Your have to keep your logo the same so people recognize it, people recognize the block-c logo as a whole as the South Carolina logo. Things they don't recognize as the South Carolina logo: 1) just the gamecock 2) just the C 3) interlocking SC 4) interlocking USC

Do you think fans of Michigan, Ohio State, Auburn, Alabama, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Texas, and the other historic programs think about changing their logo all the time?
This!! Almost exactly what I was going to say. Our logo is fine. It looks great and is one of the most recognizable in college sports IMO... Leave it alone!!
DJ35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:11 AM   #46
militarymind17
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 490
militarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his comb

Blocked C looks better... LOL
militarymind17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:33 AM   #47
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 700
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4ever View Post
People on here have cool updated logos with the block C and without it as avatars and sigs. We need to modernize it.
Nice avatar Piston Honda!
Old 12-12-2012, 08:35 AM   #48
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

CockyCash: 200
Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Quote:
Another photoshop...
If you're up for taking requests, how about a flat-white helmet without the stripes with the oversized gamecock (maybe even slightly larger than this vesion)?

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:43 AM   #49
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 700
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Giovanni View Post
If you're up for taking requests, how about a flat-white helmet without the stripes with the oversized gamecock (maybe even slightly larger than this vesion)?
Or change the Gamecock on this one to garnet! Awesome!
Old 12-12-2012, 08:58 AM   #50
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

LakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudly

Quote:
JESUS... it's called branding. Your have to keep your logo the same so people recognize it, people recognize the block-c logo as a whole as the South Carolina logo. Things they don't recognize as the South Carolina logo: 1) just the gamecock 2) just the C 3) interlocking SC 4) interlocking USC

Do you think fans of Michigan, Ohio State, Auburn, Alabama, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Texas, and the other historic programs think about changing their logo all the time?

Actually, those schools have changed logos many times in the past. Auburn used to have a logo with an Eagle flying through an "A" not too long ago. Tennessee has many logos other than the "T". UT also has worn black a couple times in recent years.

Even Michigan has used multiple logos in the past.

Plus, this isn't really changing a logo. The Gamecock without the Block C has been used for at least 4-5 decades. It's the exact same Gamecock inside the Block C.

Tanner changed our baseball logo and there are no complaints about that.
LakeMonticelloCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:59 AM   #51
jomo
Recruit

Male

jomo has earned his spursjomo has earned his spursjomo has earned his spursjomo has earned his spursjomo has earned his spursjomo has earned his spurs

Hey... its ok to mix it up a little. The players love it.
jomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:06 AM   #52
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

LakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Another photoshop...

This looks good and there is really no reason to not use something like this. Our colors are garnet and black and it does bother me a bit that black was not used at all this year(but grey was).

We've had some really nice black, garnet, and white unis over the years. I've always liked how we seem to change the combination every now and then. Talk about tradition and branding all you want, but in our history our tradition has been to mix things up a bit.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:06 AM   #53
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Another photoshop...

This looks good and there is really no reason to not use something like this. Our colors are garnet and black and it does bother me a bit that black was not used at all this year(but grey was).

We've had some really nice black, garnet, and white unis over the years. I've always liked how we seem to change the combination every now and then. Talk about tradition and branding all you want, but in our history our tradition has been to mix things up a bit. We were really one of the first schools to do this, not Oregon.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:13 AM   #54
#7Clowney
4-Star

Male

#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeMonticelloCock View Post

We've had some really nice black, garnet, and white unis over the years. I've always liked how we seem to change the combination every now and then. Talk about tradition and branding all you want, but in our history our tradition has been to mix things up a bit. We were really one of the first schools to do this, not Oregon.
hahahaha well i've never liked the change of combination! Why can't we just use the ****ing same jersey which we used for 100 years!
#7Clowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:15 AM   #55
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by #7Clowney View Post
hahahaha well i've never liked the change of combination! Why can't we just use the ****ing same jersey which we used for 100 years!

What jersey would that be? We haven't used the same jersey for 100 years. In fact I'm not sure we've ever gone more than 10 consecutive years without a big change in the jerseys.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:42 AM   #56
Singaporecock
Redneck Abroad

Male

CockyCash: 1000500
Singaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Singaporecock

Quote:

Interlocking is Gamecock baseball and is known around the nation!!!
Back-toBack and played for a third in a row!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 10:19 AM   #57
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Chicken View Post
like this?
Once again...absolutely genius!!
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #58
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post
Something we agree on.

Would love to see this helmet w/ the garnet instead of white logo. I think that new alternate Mizzou helmet is sick. Better than their early 90s current one.
Yeah, a garnet logo could be good, too. May be nellanaesp will finish his exam this morning and get to more important things, like making helmet concepts for us...haha
Old 12-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #59
nellanaesp
4-Star

Male

nellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
Yeah, a garnet logo could be good, too. May be nellanaesp will finish his exam this morning and get to more important things, like making helmet concepts for us...haha
Like so?

nellanaesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:26 PM   #60
nellanaesp
4-Star

Male

nellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his comb

nellanaesp is offline   Reply With Quote