CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurticus
cocky0
gamecockgal
U-Dub Gamecock
b381l
75CarolinaFan
JaxcockFL
robgusc76
2000grad
sanford
Lattimore Sidelined (1971)
Gurley or Davis (1881)
Steve Spurrier - Say (1288)
A house just blew up (691)
South Carolina Footb (599)
Marines confront fak (443)
Gators brag on Clown (348)
Man Murders neighbor (303)
Ryan Wood leaving P& (269)
Predict TAMU 2014 (203)
Any PC builders here? You
Southern Miss player char
Gurley or Davis
2015 - Christian Pellage
Lattimore Sidelined By Le
Texags
Gators brag on Clowney
Predict TAMU 2014
Signee James Thompson arr
Minda Kacinas Q&A - G

Old 12-12-2012, 11:07 AM   #1
Big-Cock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
Big-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot material
Default Spurrier and Lattimore presser 4pm :(

Dont forget to watch today. Im praying that he sayes he is gonna stay but I know its the best thing for him. Good luck young man. May god lead you to a fulfilled life of happiness.
Big-Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:23 AM   #2
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material
Default Re: Spurrier and Lattimore presser 4pm :(

He gone

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:25 AM   #3
Big-Cock
Two Deep

Male

Big-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCremedy View Post
He gone
#SAD
Old 12-12-2012, 11:30 AM   #4
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Cock View Post
Dont forget to watch today. Im praying that he sayes he is gonna stay but I know its the best thing for him. Good luck young man. May god lead you to a fulfilled life of happiness.
Does anybody know if it is gonna be televised anywhere?

WIN ANYWAY!!

gripitandripit2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:31 AM   #5
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Latti will be one of my all time faves at USC, but the man needs to go earn some serious coin...
Old 12-12-2012, 11:38 AM   #6
Big-Cock
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripitandripit2007 View Post

Not sure about tv but it will be on gamecocksonline.com
Old 12-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #7
Makindough
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 280
Makindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPit

Yea he's gone sad but true, i think he has already signed with an agent and will go to FL to rehab. Man just imagine having him for 4 years..healthy...what he couldve done! I mean just what he did in the short, injured filled years, that he WAS here. Go get'm Latti, no matter what or where you WILL ALWAYS be a Gamecock.
Makindough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:02 PM   #8
Zandit
Banned

Male

Zandit has hatched from the shell

I wish him well, but think he is taking an unnecessary risk.

For him to make BIG BUCKS, he has to rehab himself back to his 2010 level. My opinion is that this year he wasn't his best - he was good, but not superman (BIG BUCKS) level. So the odds are that after a SECOND rehab he won't be superman this time either. And remember: Football careers are short.

And when it ends, he'll be just another jock without a degree. And before anyone argues that he can get a degree after football, tell that to people who don't have a degree. They could go back too, but they don't because of family obligations, etc.

There's no reason to take this risk. If he rehabs back to his old self, the stay-in-school path gives him his degree AND BIG BUCKS when he enters the draft as #1 Heisman Trophy guy.

I agree that a case could be made for jumping at the money now, but his long-term lifestyle is at stake.
Zandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #9
RD1
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 22993500
RD1 has feathers coming inRD1 has feathers coming inRD1 has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandit View Post
...And when it ends, he'll be just another jock without a degree. ...
Quit reading after this sentence. Couldn't disagree more.
RD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #10
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Cock View Post
#SAD
I'm not. I'm really happy for him to get a shot a his dream. To be anything else is just selfish.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #11
FlyingCock
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 485
FlyingCock is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripitandripit2007 View Post
WLTX said they would carry it live
FlyingCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:19 PM   #12
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
I agree that a case could be made for jumping at the money now, but his long-term lifestyle is at stake.
Every down he plays at the college level puts his economic prospects at risk. If you ask him, I think you will find that his "long-term lifestyle" is already settled, and it is guided by his faith more than his profession. The idea of Marcus Lattimore as "just another jock without a degree" is almost laughable. He will have a profile, likely in athletics, that many of us will follow for years. He's special, not just in athletic ablility, but in focus, dedication, and maturity. He has likely grown past this stage.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #13
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

When I was a TA in grad school, I had students in my class that were older than me. College will always be there.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:24 PM   #14
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

We can find out he is going the NFL route without having a press conference. I never was one for announcing if you were coming back for your senior year or leaving early. I know i am in the minority with that opinion.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:27 PM   #15
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
We can find out he is going the NFL route without having a press conference. I never was one for announcing if you were coming back for your senior year or leaving early. I know i am in the minority with that opinion.
With someone as high of profile as latti is probably just an easier process to do this instead of having a few weeks of interviews etc.

I saw him projected as a 3rd rounder in this draft, which I think is really impressive.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:33 PM   #16
kellsta
Walk On

Male

kellsta has hatched from the shell

Quote:

For him to make BIG BUCKS, he has to rehab himself back to his 2010 level. My opinion is that this year he wasn't his best - he was good, but not superman (BIG BUCKS) level. So the odds are that after a SECOND rehab he won't be superman this time either. And remember: Football careers are short.

And when it ends, he'll be just another jock without a degree. And before anyone argues that he can get a degree after football, tell that to people who don't have a degree. They could go back too, but they don't because of family obligations, etc.

There's no reason to take this risk. If he rehabs back to his old self, the stay-in-school path gives him his degree AND BIG BUCKS when he enters the draft as #1 Heisman Trophy guy.

This has got to be the stupidest thing I have ever read on CT! This young man has given his heart and soul (not to mention two knees) to this program and great University of ours. Do you realize how much money he has made for this school? And what does he have besides some records that will be broke one day? Thatís right two knee injuries to show for it! I realize he received a scholarship in return for those two knees. Whatís he supposed to do, come back for a potential third and pretty much ruin any chance in the NFL? Donít think so!
kellsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:34 PM   #17
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:

I couldn't disagree more. He will get picked up by a team and will get paid to rehab with a full time professional staff. His only concern will be getting healthy and he won't have to worry about money while he is rehabbing or going to class, etc. So he will be doing the work where his only focus is to get stronger and better. He is giving himself his best shot for a great comeback. And he if comes back strong, he will be able to rework his deal with his team. Rookie contracts are for 3 years. I doubt Latti will play in 2013, so if he has a breakout 2014, his team will lock him up with a big payday. Seems smart to me.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:35 PM   #18
USCooper
Banned

Male

USCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot material

Quote:

You have no.clue what you're talking about. Even being injured he will get drafted therefore allowing the team that drafts him to oversee his rehab and get him ready for 2014 instead of letting usc do it.

Playing again at usc is a huge risk for him. And I PROMISE yiou he will.finish his degree regardless of when.
USCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #19
CockTail
Two Deep

Male

CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

I am disappointed when most kids leave school early to go to the NFL, especially when they are not a sure thing. But in this case, I am not worried at all about Marcus.

If the NFL does not work out, he will still do just fine in life. I suspect he will come back to school and finish his degree, and I would love for USC to pay for it as a gesture to him for what he has done at this University.

He can not risk another injury in college, if he does get injured again he needs to get paid for it. He is not eliminating any of his future options, he is taking advantage of the one he has right now. I have no problem with that.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:38 PM   #20
Cocks and Canes
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Cocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot materialCocks and Canes is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
I'm not. I'm really happy for him to get a shot a his dream. To be anything else is just selfish.
This. Anyone who is sad or is praying for him to come back is incredibly self-centered and the definition of a fan who thinks the athletes are here only for the fans' entertainment.
Cocks and Canes is offline   Reply With Quote