CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
TheUniversityofSC
Gamecocks1137
TAFC 5 1981
sanford
Spurticus
markymark550
MWard
WeStill0wnUSC
Lonnie
conwaycock2
Another A&M aggi (1755)
Predict Clemson 2014 (1415)
Green and Lammons (1125)
Asheville/Spartanbur (585)
2016 - Terrance Davi (423)
2016 - Anthony " (350)
It's Cover Two's bda (332)
Nashville (308)
2016 - Dontye Carrie (244)
Dawg DL man arrested (157)
2015 - Albert Huggins
Is it time to switch from
Green and Lammons
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
2014-2015 Men's Non Confe
Another A&M aggie off
2014 ultimate tailgate po
Good Article for those co
SEC Coaches on the Hot Se
2015 - Brandon Sandifer

Old 12-12-2012, 01:27 PM   #61
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material
Default Re: I Know We Love the Block C, But...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Chicken View Post
like this?
You need to make that your avatar. So great.

Lonnie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:38 PM   #62
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

CockyCash: 200
Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellanaesp View Post

I like the one with the garnet the best. I'm not requesting this, but simply asking a question. I know you were doing these really quickly to make some of us happy (thank you for it), but if you were to try to make a "finalized" version of these, would the "gaps" that appear be able to be filled in? It's just that the image looks a little empty (for lack of a better word) when compared to this:

It seems the original design has the gaps filled in with black, so I wonder how it would look to do the same thing with the garnet version, but fill in the gaps in the black version with garnet. Anyway, thank you again, and I hope the exam went well!

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:42 PM   #63
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

leave it like it is

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:44 PM   #64
Makindough
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 280
Makindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPit

Black helmet...white emblem would be SICK
Makindough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:57 PM   #65
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Original:

Crude Photoshopping:

Photoshop of our favorite player wearing the concept:
You nailed it! Somehow, Tanner and Spurrier have got to see this!

Wow!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 02:00 PM   #66
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock View Post
You nailed it! Somehow, Tanner and Spurrier have got to see this!

Wow!!!
I like them too. The only things I would change is to lose the stripes (the old-fashioned look doesn't go well with the updated uniform) and make the logo oversized.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:07 PM   #67
sand1
Walk On

sand1 has hatched from the shell

Attachment 9635

Pretty sure this came from someone on Cockytalk. Don't remember who so can't give credit where it is due.
Attached Images

Last edited by sand1; 12-13-2012 at 12:08 PM.
sand1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:08 PM   #68
sand1
Walk On

sand1 has hatched from the shell

Name:  GFH3j.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  73.0 KB

Would love to see this uni with helmet worn for one game next year. Let's make it the Clemson game at WB for our fifth in a row.
sand1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:32 PM   #69
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand1 View Post
Attachment 9635

Pretty sure this came from someone on Cockytalk. Don't remember who so can't give credit where it is do.
I love the basic look. If the logo were back on the helmet a little more and tilted forward a bit to make it level, I think it would be perfect! I do realize that could present some issues in itself though.

Also, I realize we all have different tastes, but with the compromise of the traditional gamecock logo and the updated overall look, I honestly don't see how anyone wouldn't like this idea. If they don't, they're being too hard-core when it comes to trying to keep with tradition.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:47 PM   #70
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Removing the stripes should be the first change we make. It clashes so badly with our current and past uniform.

If not removing them, come up with a more modern striping that fits our uniform design.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:50 PM   #71
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
Removing the stripes should be the first change we make. It clashes so badly with our current and past uniform.

If not removing them, come up with a more modern striping that fits our uniform design.
Absolutely right in my opinion. The uniforms (whether people love or hate them) have a sleek, flowing, modern look to them, but the helmets have the look of an older, clunkier style.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #72
RbrewDawg
Starter

Male

RbrewDawg has developed his gaff and talonsRbrewDawg has developed his gaff and talonsRbrewDawg has developed his gaff and talonsRbrewDawg has developed his gaff and talonsRbrewDawg has developed his gaff and talonsRbrewDawg has developed his gaff and talonsRbrewDawg has developed his gaff and talonsRbrewDawg has developed his gaff and talonsRbrewDawg has developed his gaff and talonsRbrewDawg has developed his gaff and talonsRbrewDawg has developed his gaff and talons

I would love to see something similar to what boise does with the stallion coming from the back, wrapping to the front, on there NIKE pro combat style helmets. Cola, think you could work something up?
RbrewDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:00 PM   #73
RbrewDawg
Starter

Male

RbrewDawg has developed his gaff and talonsRbrewDawg has developed his gaff and talonsRbrewDawg has developed his gaff and talonsRbrewDawg has developed his gaff and talonsRbrewDawg has developed his gaff and talonsRbrewDawg has developed his gaff and talonsRbrewDawg has developed his gaff and talonsRbrewDawg has developed his gaff and talonsRbrewDawg has developed his gaff and talonsRbrewDawg has developed his gaff and talonsRbrewDawg has developed his gaff and talons

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/69...ite-helmet.jpg

RbrewDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:07 PM   #74
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbrewDawg View Post
That's exactly the type of thing I imagine too. I think the first image sand1 posted is similar enough, but just needs the "tweeks" I mentioned.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #75
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Like so?

Thanks.

I like this because it is actually using Garnet and Black, the school colors. But I do have to say, that the black and white contrast better, at least on the computer, to create a more clean cut look. Either way, I'd like to see USC go to some type of helmet that used the garnet and black color scheme other than the current style.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #76
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Like so?

That is sick.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:41 PM   #77
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Attachment 9635

Pretty sure this came from someone on Cockytalk. Don't remember who so can't give credit where it is do.
OMFG!!!

This!!!!!

Please!!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #78
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Attachment 9635

We have a winner!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 03:55 PM   #79
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Would one of our resident graphic artists mind doing a picture with the helmet sand1 posted with the current uniforms? I would just like to get an idea of how it would look together. Thank you to anyone who takes it on.

Old 12-12-2012, 04:14 PM   #80
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Giovanni View Post
Would one of our resident graphic artists mind doing a picture with the helmet sand1 posted with the current uniforms? I would just like to get an idea of how it would look together. Thank you to anyone who takes it on.
I'd like to see it with the black and garnet vertical stripes running down the median of the helmet.

That look would be absolutely killer!