CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
uscnoklahoma
rabid cock
SanAntonioCock
Master Bedroom
GregoryHouse
GamecockInHell
Storm Of Spurs
gocockswyn
JaxcockFL
Morris to SMU (6411)
Clemson fans (1835)
Venables to TAMU? (1819)
Carolina on a Walmar (1489)
Vegas line moving on (1269)
Game simulation (965)
End of the aTm / LSU (724)
Women's Soccer Elite (721)
Phil Kronblut show (601)
Have we been favored (573)
Arkansas...
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
Vegas line moving on game
Phil Kronblut show
marshall/WKU
Morris to SMU
Venables to TAMU?
Women's Soccer Elite Eigh
Anyone know what time and
Anyone know what this is

Old 12-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #41
The Octopus
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
The Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: Spurrier and Lattimore presser 4pm :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
I don't understand why you think that? We are football fans. That is what we do. No one would care about Marcus Lattimore if it wasn't for the football and the fans. Not saying he owes us anything, but he wouldn't have a grand opportunity to make millions of dollars playing a game without us.
i was talking about the grammar being "atrocious".
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
It's our job as FANS of the team to want want was is best for this team. It's Marcus job to want was is best for himself.
i actually agree with you about fans being perfectly justified in wanting him to come back. i personally am glad he made the decision to go pro. i've been nervous watching him run for a while now, but other people are not wrong to want him back.
The Octopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:28 PM   #42
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandit View Post
I wish him well, but think he is taking an unnecessary risk.

For him to make BIG BUCKS, he has to rehab himself back to his 2010 level. My opinion is that this year he wasn't his best - he was good, but not superman (BIG BUCKS) level. So the odds are that after a SECOND rehab he won't be superman this time either. And remember: Football careers are short.

And when it ends, he'll be just another jock without a degree. And before anyone argues that he can get a degree after football, tell that to people who don't have a degree. They could go back too, but they don't because of family obligations, etc.

There's no reason to take this risk. If he rehabs back to his old self, the stay-in-school path gives him his degree AND BIG BUCKS when he enters the draft as #1 Heisman Trophy guy.

I agree that a case could be made for jumping at the money now, but his long-term lifestyle is at stake.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:31 PM   #43
The Octopus
Recruit

Male

The Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150harley View Post
I am just as anxious about this presser as I was the day he was making his announcement as to where he would play football.
10 bucks says he pulls out two hats and transfers to Auburn today.
The Octopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:32 PM   #44
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Octopus View Post
i was talking about the grammar being "atrocious".

i actually agree with you about fans being perfectly justified in wanting him to come back. i personally am glad he made the decision to go pro. i've been nervous watching him run for a while now, but other people are not wrong to want him back.
Oh yeah, I suck when it comes to typos. I have Dsylexia I think.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:40 PM   #45
Emery
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

Do you think he or spurrier will tear up?
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:58 PM   #46
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
IDK I have never seen him do that before... anyone else? lol
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:05 PM   #47
Zandit
Banned

Male

Zandit has hatched from the shell

Can I jazz up a thread or what?

- El Diablo
Zandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:18 PM   #48
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

it'll be a joy to see him play again, even if he ends up playing for a scum franchise like the cowboys.
crowcutta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:51 PM   #49
GoonSquad
Recruitnik

Male

CockyCash: 21400
GoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot materialGoonSquad is USC mascot material

Cowboys are scum? lol

And who might your team be?
GoonSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:53 PM   #50
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Welp that's one problem fixed.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #51
GetemGamecocks
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
GetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervousGetemGamecocks is making other chickens nervous

Something tells me he will be picked up by a winning NFL team. One that can afford to use a 3rd round pick (around there) on a guy who might not play at all next season, but one smart enough to invest in Marcus. The risk of ML not working out is heavily overshadowed by the possible reward of an outstanding HB and team player.
GetemGamecocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #52
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
I think this is a good move for him for this simple reason. The life of a HB isn't very long. His clock is ticking. If he enters the draft and can get picked up in the 2nd-3rd round then he's going to make some good money. He'll rehab with the best in the country and get back to tip top shape (better than he could do while going to class and having other things to occupy his time). Then once he's healed and able to play he can go out there immediately. If he's able to play and get some PT in the very last game of the season ... it's better than any possible scenario he'd have at SC. If he returns he's out of next season no matter what. If he goes pro, he can work and get healthy whenever he does. If he's even able to play a few games. He could show out in those games and maybe get thrown in a trade or pick up a bigger contract.

If he returns to school he's cutting AT LEAST 2 years off his NFL career ... time that his body may not allow him to pick up on the back side of his career.
You said what I think. Thanks.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #53
d20636
Haven't seen your acid...

Male

CockyCash: 1360
d20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
Welp that's one problem fixed.

I think Ron White's entire quote was "You can't fix stupid, but you can sure as hell ban it!"
Old 12-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #54
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
Steve might. I know Jeri Spurrier will be crying. Marcus is family.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:10 PM   #55
MBGCock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1110145
MBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot materialMBGCock is USC mascot material

Any link to watch it online?
MBGCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #56
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBGCock View Post
Any link to watch it online?
Just go to Gamecocksonline.com the link will be on the front page, I am sure. About 30-15 mins before 4pm.

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/allaccess/?media=357962
Old 12-12-2012, 04:14 PM   #57
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Here is my question:
Did anyone really think we would have him for four years?
A guy as talented as him is a three-and-done guy.
The fact he is set to graduate in May is all the more impressive.

These same people will also be shocked when Jadeavon leaves next year.

Congrats on the degree Marcus, and best of luck in the NFL.
Honestly....I thought we would have him for four years before his first knee injury. He's just a different breed. Felt like the knee injury last year solidified him leaving early.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #58
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

I hope everything works out for him. But, if things don't go as well as planned...it would be great if he could come back to USC to finish his degree and be an assistant coach of some sort. We would all welcome him back. He is such a great leader.
gocockswyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #59
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by treys1986 View Post
Honestly....I thought we would have him for four years before his first knee injury. He's just a different breed. Felt like the knee injury last year solidified him leaving early.
I agree, the man's character told me he was the kind of guy that really wanted to play all four years. Before his first knee injury i thought he may stay as well, but after it, I seen it coming.

As for Clowney, well I think anyone with a brain knew when he signed he was only staying 3 years.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #60
scfanohio
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
scfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talons

I wish him the best no matter what he does. He has earned everything he has achieved.

He has made this University millions more than he has ever received via a football scholarship. Most importantly, he has done it in a way that makes everyone who has any affiliation with us proud. A fantastic football player and a better person. If you got paid a dollar for everyone who has something bad to say about Marcus, you'd be broke.

I don't really know what college player to compare with for both ability and character. Maybe Tebow or Weurffel. An absolute shame for his injuries, but let's hope and pray that the best is yet to come for Marcus.
scfanohio is offline   Reply With Quote