CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
IBleedGarnetandBlack
b381l
GabbieM
NinjaSven
kingofnerf
Acockolypse Now
WeStillOwnUSC
Gyle41386
Order 66
So, Dylan Thompson? (5442)
Confused fan here. (3825)
Is anybody still opt (3661)
Here's a terrifying (2643)
Predict the Season ( (2448)
Acock's Wrap Up: TAM (1926)
Could Mike Davis Be (1348)
How were the Aggie f (1222)
David Williams?? (1159)
Will Gameday still c (938)
Could Mike Davis Be Back
Good crowd for volleyball
Step back from the ledge
Is anybody still optimist
So, Dylan Thompson?
Well, there's still women
Acock's Wrap Up: TAMU
Confused fan here. Why i
How were the Aggie fans a
Kevin Sumlin Thoughts.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:58 PM   #1
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 360000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad
Default Tuberville Took Recruits to Dinner then Left Before the Check Came to Take Cincy Job

Tommy Tuberville Took Recruits Out To Dinner Then Left Before The Check Came To Take The Cincinnati Job

Texas Tech – A community college offensive lineman being recruited by Texas Tech got a close view of head coach Tommy Tuberville’s hasty departure over the weekend. Devonte Danzey of Hutchinson (Kansas) C.C. arrived in Lubbock for his official visit. Shortly after arriving in Lubbock, Danzey and at least two other recruits — lineman Sunny Odogwu and receiver Javess Blue — along with “eight to 10” coaches, including Tuberville, all went to dinner at the 50-Yard Line Restaurant on South Loop 289, Danzey said.

In the midst of the conversation at the table, he asked the coaches how long they expected to be at Tech (if they were not fired), he said. “I asked Coach (Charlie) Weis at KU and Coach (Dana) Holgorsen at West Virginia (the same question), just so I know my relationship with them,” Danzey said. “(Tuberville) was just telling me he coached at Miami and Auburn, he coached 10 years and recruited Ray Lewis and kind of blew the question off I didn’t even realize.”

“The waitress brought our food out, and we thought (Tuberville) went to the bathroom, but he never came back to dinner. Then next thing I know, the next day, he made an announcement that he’s going to Cincinnati.”

Classic!
Old 12-12-2012, 03:00 PM   #2
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tuberville Took Recruits to Dinner then Left Before the Check Came to Take Cincy

Heard this earlier. Did he just sit there and say "you know what. I'm not hungry anymore. I'm outta here."

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:05 PM   #3
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit
Default Re: Tuberville Took Recruits to Dinner then Left Before the Check Came to Take Cincy

Ha!!! I can't believe how much he hated his job. That's amazing. He left dinner to take a job at Cincy? He may have had to throw up before he signed the papers.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #4
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
Heard this earlier. Did he just sit there and say "you know what. I'm not hungry anymore. I'm outta here."
Yeah.. I dont know what to think off this except its pretty bad business if you ask me and Cincy might want to reconsider.
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #5
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 24390296
COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material

Would he have been able to pay for the dinner? Obviously he has the money, but would that be compliant?
COCKYTALKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:37 PM   #6
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

TTU must really be a terrible job if he left the B12 for Cinci... Unless potential sanctions? Because he isn't a bad coach at all
Old 12-12-2012, 03:48 PM   #7
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4445916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

didn't he have a similar kind of deal while at Mississippi. I think I remember him saying he would leave Mississippi in a pine box and then the next day or two going to Auburn.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:53 PM   #8
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4445916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

I don't think he was ever comfortable playing an offensive driven game and the fact that the tech fan base is the most delusional fan base in the country. They think they are on par with OU and Texas
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #9
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 320
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
I don't think he was ever comfortable playing an offensive driven game and the fact that the tech fan base is the most delusional fan base in the country. They think they are on par with OU and Texas
Well...the second most delusional fan base in the country...
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #10
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

someone in cincy tweeted that tt came into the restaurant he works too have a meal. evidently, the meal was totally paid for and tt didnt leave a tip. Not one penny.

This whole scenario reminds me of the ut/kiffin hiring. everyone saw he was a stain except for the ut fans. the texas tech fans are truly happy to rid themselves of tuberville but the cincy people are protecting their own. Just like ut fans, they really think they have a great hire and people are jealous. I have a feeling the cincy people will look real dumb, just like the tenn people did when lane bolted.

it may be just crazy circumstances that led too these incidents but is surely doesnt look good on tt. he really does look like a jerk.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #11
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material

Tubbs was at The U during their prime years....all you need to know about the man.

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:17 PM   #12
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

Ive always heard from Texas/Baylor/TCU/A&M fans that Tech is the scum of Texas. The most redneck and rowdy fanbase in the state. Maybe TT just had enough of it

TT just set himself up bc he is going to have a terrible time trying to recruit in Ohio
Old 12-12-2012, 05:23 PM   #13
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I hope he took the cannoli with him.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:57 PM   #14
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
TTU must really be a terrible job if he left the B12 for Cinci... Unless potential sanctions? Because he isn't a bad coach at all
I'm getting the feeling it is a difficult place to work.
They had trouble with Mike Leach, then Tubberville.

Not excusing what Tubbs did...it is pretty damn low...but there must be something in the water at TTU....it must be teh Clemson of Texas.

Chad Morris will fit right in.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:11 PM   #15
RockRocks787
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1510
RockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to RockRocks787

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickerspl80 View Post
Ive always heard from Texas/Baylor/TCU/A&M fans that Tech is the scum of Texas. The most redneck and rowdy fanbase in the state. Maybe TT just had enough of it

TT just set himself up bc he is going to have a terrible time trying to recruit in Ohio
What are you talking about?

RockRocks787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:18 AM   #16
4Ever2Thee
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2940
4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit

Only thing that would've been funnier is if he came back to the table and said "well boys, how do y'all feel about the great city of Cincinnati?!"
4Ever2Thee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:11 AM   #17
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickerspl80 View Post

They are the UGA fans of Texas. Same color scheme, attitude, etc.

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:10 PM   #18
RockRocks787
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1510
RockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to RockRocks787

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaichon View Post
They are the UGA fans of Texas. Same color scheme, attitude, etc.
What are you talking about?

RockRocks787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:15 PM   #19
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

LMFAO @ all of the Jokers behind him
Old 12-14-2012, 10:51 AM   #20
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Dude, you moved to Ohio

Voluntarily

Good luck with that
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote