CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
FurmanCock
Cockhornleghorn
Gamecocks1137
Master Bedroom
sanford
b381l
Copperhead
ConwayGamecock
CockyGuy
Venables to TAMU? (3890)
Vegas line moving on (2688)
2014 Junkanoo Jam ** (2556)
Clemson fans (2510)
Phil Kronblut show (1331)
Arkansas... (1174)
Women's Soccer Elite (969)
End of the aTm / LSU (892)
Anyone know what thi (784)
Have we been favored (696)
Tailgating tomorrow for t
Arkansas...
Vegas line moving on game
2014 Junkanoo Jam **USC W
Texans getting frustrated
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLINA @ C
Venables to TAMU?
Clemson fans
Constant Updates on Watso
Women's Soccer Elite Eigh

Old 12-12-2012, 05:56 PM   #101
d20636
Haven't seen your acid...

Male

CockyCash: 1360
d20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Spurrier and Lattimore presser 4pm :(

Always a good feeling to see a player say "The University of South Carolina" on Sundays...gonna be extra special watching him say it. Whoever picks him up just gained a new fan if they're not my fav already.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:58 PM   #102
толстый Cock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
толстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripitandripit2007 View Post
Gonna be a battle between him and Mikie D!! Both are a beast...but Mike Davis is a monster and will be a GREAT RB for us!

With that said...thanks for everything Marcus! You are a special player and an even better person! God bless you as you continue your career and hope you stay healthy and happy wherever you go! God's speed!
They have to beat out Carson first.
толстый Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:59 PM   #103
Carolina4eva
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY_Meczd-18

the day it all started

Army National Guard
Carolina4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:14 PM   #104
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post
Interesting that McGahee reached out and talked him through it given the tone of that Yahoo article. Props to McGahee.
Did something change, or did Marcus mention something about this at the presser? McGahee was kind of a douche about it at 1st, and I guess he got guilted into looking like a good guy. He did not reach out to ML21 out of the kindness of his heart.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:15 PM   #105
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocksfanNC View Post
I'm happy for Marcus because I want to see him go out and make every dream a reality. I'll always be a fan of him as a man and as a football player. That said, I'd be lying if I said I won't be a little sad not to see him in a Gamecocks uniform again.
+1! Forever to Thee, Marcus. Forever to Thee...
Old 12-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #106
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Those of us who watched the presser saw Coach Spurrier at his best. I think he would attest that Marcus Lattimore brings out the best in most everyone. He certainly spoke of Marcus's effect on the team and the program.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:24 PM   #107
PyroPepper
Star Maker

Male

PyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by d20636 View Post
Always a good feeling to see a player say "The University of South Carolina" on Sundays...gonna be extra special watching him say it. Whoever picks him up just gained a new fan if they're not my fav already.
If the Panthers are smart they could sell a bunch of tickets and make alot of new fans in this draft. We'll see.

PyroPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:26 PM   #108
Emery
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

I usually have a strong disdain for any adult man wearing a jersey...however, his NFL jersey might be the only one I will ever buy.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #109
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 0
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCremedy View Post
Coach throw any jabs at Clemson during the press conference? A tigernet meltdown would be right on time for me.
When referencing our record against 'that team from the upstate' he said that we had beaten them 3 times in a row...the correct # is 4...guess it isn't important enough to keep up with anymore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
Anybody else choke up during that presser?
There was some mysteriously high humidity around here...must be the rain outside...

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
Smart move. Go get some guaranteed money now. If he comes back to college, he could get hurt again and then no NFL team would take him.

Just hard to believe his time at Carolina is already over.
He would have left here a 'multi-millionaire' if he had never played another down of football. Thank Lloyd's of London and the good common sense to insure an asset. He is going into the NFL because that is his dream. Sure, he has the potential to make much more, but it wasn't a money thing...plus, you don't have to study for class when you are in the NFL which lets him focus on football...and, yes, he will get his degree.
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:41 PM   #110
Herbie3
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 13641
Herbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot material

12-12-12.... 21-21-21? Mirrors image!
Herbie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:45 PM   #111
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material

Latti my new favorite NFL star!!!
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:49 PM   #112
gamecockhub
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 10251
gamecockhub has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockhub has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockhub has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockhub has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockhub has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockhub has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockhub has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockhub has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockhub has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockhub has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockhub has developed his gaff and talons

While a little sad as a Gamecock fan to see him go early, it is the best thing for Marcus and I wish him nothing but the best!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 06:55 PM   #113
Carolina_Harv
Displaced and Disgruntled

Male

CockyCash: 10088029
Carolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot materialCarolina_Harv is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbie3 View Post
12-12-12.... 21-21-21? Mirrors image!
MIND BLOWN!!!!!

Actually that is pretty cool

**The poster formally known as CarolinaCockStar
**SIG created by cack
Carolina_Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:55 PM   #114
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 26222586
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
I usually have a strong disdain for any adult man wearing a jersey...however, his NFL jersey might be the only one I will ever buy.
LOL, me too. No offense to anyone, but I think jerseys on grown fans look funny.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:56 PM   #115
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 997672
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Seems like he just got here but he has taken a pounding since day one. Knee injuries aside, his running style is brutal. Good for him if he can get drafted, even better if he's drafted by a team like NE, Pitt, or someone with smart enough coaches and ownership to allow him to heal for a year or two and bring him along slowly until he's a full strength.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:02 PM   #116
SwampFox
1st Team All-American

Male

SwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot material

Quote:
Sad day for Gamecock nation
Agreed. We've lost another outstanding player to the promise of the big money in the NFL. Still, the fact that he's been a prime target for more than one questionable hit might be another reason he has said "To hell will college ball". I also wonder if this would have happened had Eric Gordon not succeeded in wrecking Latimore's season.

Scotland Forever

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.u...eum/index.html

Last edited by SwampFox; 12-12-2012 at 07:14 PM.
SwampFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:05 PM   #117
Spurball
Walk On

Male

Spurball has hatched from the shell

Personally, I think that anyone who thinks that Marcus has not given our beloved University of South Carolina enough of his body is extremely out of touch with reality! I believe that going to the NFL will allow him to rehab with the best physicians available, and will put him in the best position to be successful, which is the most important thing for Marcus!

I am very confident that he will finish his degree because he is a fine young man!

Now, we need to send him off with the knowledge that he is and always will be part of the Gamecock family and is one of the great football players that chose to stay here in this great state and help the namesake school. He is passing on a legacy to the younger athletes that will be coming in, and I'm sure he will continue to contribute to the University and the state well beyond his football career!

All that being said, I thought today that its been six years since I had my heart transplant, and I have realized that not only have I been able to spend time with my wonderful daughters, but I have lived long enough to see the Gamecocks win consistently, witness young men from the University's sports programs represent the state and the University of South Carolina with dignity and class, and I've been fortunate enough to watch Marcus Lattimore blossom from a shy High school student into a strong and faithful young man!

I say go have a great career Mr. Lattimore, and do the best that you can!
Spurball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:07 PM   #118
WE_ARE
Mr. BIG COCK

Male

WE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudly

One day you will read this headline.
"South Carolina's new headcoah Marcus Lattimore"
Old 12-12-2012, 07:13 PM   #119
KaneisAble
Banned

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockholio View Post
Did something change, or did Marcus mention something about this at the presser? McGahee was kind of a douche about it at 1st, and I guess he got guilted into looking like a good guy. He did not reach out to ML21 out of the kindness of his heart.
Marcus said that both Frank Gore and McGahee reached out to him directly and that McGahee specifically talked to him a lot.

I don't know how he got "guilted into it" unless he reads CockyTalk, and I don't presume (nor should you) to know why he reached out, but given that it wasn't publicized until Marcus himself said it, I would think it would involve some sort of kindness.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #120
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by WE_ARE View Post
One day you will read this headline.
"South Carolina's new headcoah Marcus Lattimore"

If so, I hope it's spelled and written better than that.

Why do people keep saying he's going to be a coach?

Does he have a desire to coach college football?

I think the man will play on Sundays for 7-8 years with a net worth of
about $225 million when he retires at age 29. Why the hell would he want to coach football after that?

When Marcus gets an NFL OL and OC, he's going to flourish for years in the backfield.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote