CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
SMOTFS86
Cockypantherfan
Lonnie
taylorssc
gamecockphan
robgusc76
CoverTwo
U-Dub Gamecock
Spurrier on Pharoah: (4210)
USC/clemson spread (1948)
Bowl projections (1530)
In case no one saw.. (1490)
Why has there been 4 (820)
Odell Becham Catch (814)
A little late to the (720)
Tiger Burn (550)
No excuse for the D (528)
Texas A&M Defens (421)
College Football PSA (urg
Shaq Roland
The Defense
Spurrier on Pharoah: &quo
eric berry may have lymph
No excuse for the D this
Odell Becham Catch
Good Omen for Saturday?
Dylan Thompson surpasses
2015 Commitment - Christi

Old 12-12-2012, 11:01 PM   #41
walk.daddy
sings for money

Male

CockyCash: 533
walk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot materialwalk.daddy is USC mascot material
Default Re: What are your favorite Marcus Lattimore moments?

The gator chomp against Florida in the swamp!
walk.daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:02 PM   #42
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

Georgia his freshman year was awesome, but I sat in the big Gator booster section in the swamp that year watching us win the east and that my friends was the best Lattimore moment.
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:03 PM   #43
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

That 22 yard run for a TD against Florida I think? I also like the catch he made an run for a score against Alabama.
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:04 PM   #44
Garnet 4 Life 81
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Garnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trocar View Post
I still remember when he ran all over Georgia, during his Freshman year.
the wife and i got to see it first hand but i would say the alabama game we shocked the world
Garnet 4 Life 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:19 PM   #45
CockyInSeattle
4-Star

Male

CockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPit
Default Re: Marcus Lattimore Appreciation Thread

Marcus, I know you will represent the University of South Carolina well in everything you do in life. Your talent on the field is amazing to watch, but your actions and character off the field shine as brightly.

Here's a health, Carolina, forever to thee!

I trace my heritage back to the Scottish Buchanan clan, and our motto is Clarior hinc honos or “Henceforth forward the honour shall grow ever brighter.”

Godspeed, Marcus Lattimore.
CockyInSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:36 PM   #46
Gamecock Scott
Blue Chip

Male

2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 3rd Place 
CockyCash: 200
Gamecock Scott rules the CockPitGamecock Scott rules the CockPitGamecock Scott rules the CockPitGamecock Scott rules the CockPitGamecock Scott rules the CockPitGamecock Scott rules the CockPitGamecock Scott rules the CockPitGamecock Scott rules the CockPitGamecock Scott rules the CockPitGamecock Scott rules the CockPitGamecock Scott rules the CockPit

How about each and every carry he had for the Gamecocks? There were so many favorite moments, it would be hard to pick just one.
Gamecock Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:38 PM   #47
GamecockLawyer
Blue Chip

Male

GamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot materialGamecockLawyer is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
I usually think this is kind of overrated, but it would be weird to see the number 21 out there anymore.
This.

#21 in our programs is always Marcus Lattimore.
GamecockLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:39 PM   #48
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

212 yards against florida, 2010. I loved just watching him BULLDOZE those gators and get our first win in Gainesville.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:48 PM   #49
Jack Garnet
@SCBravesFan23

Male

CockyCash: 562
Jack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talons

I shutter to think about how many games we would've lost had it not been for Marcus. There were so many close games where the other team was gaining momentum, but in the 4th quarter we'd give the ball to Marcus and he would just grind and work the clock. Those were my favorite times to watch Marcus.

Jack Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:54 PM   #50
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockLawyer View Post
This.

#21 in our programs is always Marcus Lattimore.
I was just logging on to say we should retire his number. No surprise I've been beaten to that punch, so I'll second (or third) that motion.
sporkgod50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:54 PM   #51
4Ever2Thee
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2940
4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit

Here here! You'll always be one of my favorite gamecocks of all time, give 'em hell Latti! All of gamecock nation will be forever in your corner!
4Ever2Thee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:04 AM   #52
IMAGAMECOCKMAN
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 325
IMAGAMECOCKMAN is learning to peck

From the last open scrimmage this year.

Last edited by IMAGAMECOCKMAN; 12-13-2012 at 12:05 AM. Reason: add photo
IMAGAMECOCKMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:08 AM   #53
IMAGAMECOCKMAN
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 325
IMAGAMECOCKMAN is learning to peck

Help, I messed up. Hope it works this time.
Attached Images

IMAGAMECOCKMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:20 AM   #54
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

RETIRE 21!
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:25 AM   #55
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

I've gotta say, from that first TD and so many after it, watching him trot back and toss the ball to the ref as though he belonged there, didn't think it was a big deal, and expected to keep doing it over and over. Class, repeated 40+ times.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:46 AM   #56
ds401
4-Star

Female

ds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot material

My favorite moment is the beginning of course!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xolNG...yer_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY_Meczd-18

start at 1.24- better audio and video.

BEATING ALABAMA Oct. 9 2010 Marcus' touchdowns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-d_dN7YdVg

ds401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:47 AM   #57
orangesucks
Walk On

Male

orangesucks has hatched from the shell

The run he had in the swamp where he went for about 20' then the o-line came and boosted him another 3 or 4 for the TD
orangesucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:54 AM   #58
ds401
4-Star

Female

ds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot material

BEATING ALABAMA- Oct 9, 2010

Marcus' signing day to be a Gamecock!!
ds401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:00 AM   #59
lilcocky2004
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 687
lilcocky2004 has earned his spurslilcocky2004 has earned his spurslilcocky2004 has earned his spurslilcocky2004 has earned his spurslilcocky2004 has earned his spurslilcocky2004 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Giovanni View Post
This should've been titled, "Cack's toast of the last three years". Here, here!

I don't think I've ever witnessed one player help turn the direction of a program around and have such a profound effect on the attitudes and feelings of people as Marcus Lattimore has while only playing the equivalent of two full years.

He is truly an amazing individual and will forever be in the hearts and minds of not only Gamecocks, but anyone who has ever seen the way he conducts himself in all aspects of his life.

Words cannot adequately express how much I and every other Gamecock appreciate what this incredible young man has meant to our football program and university, and he is destined for greatness no matter where life takes him, and his next stop is in the NFL to begin what will likely become a career that will ultimately lead Marcus to championships and the hall of fame.

Congratulations, Marcus. Know that I and countless others will always be a fan of the magnificent player and man you are.
well said.what ever team latti plays for in the nfl that will be my new team.god bless you!!!!!!!!
lilcocky2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:03 AM   #60
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Probably my second favorite are the numerous times he got the first down marker after I'd given up hope and then wondered how he knew exactly where it was - I had that TV yellow line - he must have smelled it. As Spurrier put it, he had one of the best 2-yard runs he ever saw. He finished a run with a purpose - not to look fancy, but to get what the play needed to get.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote