CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
spareparts
ReadR00ster
markp_vip
snruter amabon
sporkgod50
Gyle41386
Acockolypse Now
4gamecockfb
Lalli25
Spurticus
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (690)
Hope Springs Eternal (628)
Clemson's At It Agai (498)
Byron the bunny...fe (439)
The #AskEmmert Q& (361)
Chico McClatcher- 20 (347)
How to cut the musta (313)
Shameless self promo (239)
One thing I was glad (120)
Peach Bowl name retu (26)
Season Rankings Thread...
Victor Hampton Arrested
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #1
The #AskEmmert Q&A Is
2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4
Larenz Bryant update?
MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
Connor Mitch

Old 12-12-2012, 11:54 PM   #1
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

CockyCash: 26000805
RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to RGHoskins
Default Thinking about a new ride.

I absolutely love the Sky RL, but I'm super picky about my car and I absolutely hate imperfections. The Sky is a clean 07 with 75K miles and to the average person is in great shape. I think it needs paint and new headlights. I'm off next week and I'm thinking about going this weekend and trading it on a new 2013 Mustang 3.7. With what I've done, the Saturn runs mid 13's, but the Mustang runs high 13's off the showroom floor and I'm not one to leave a car alone. On top of that, the new car will have 0 miles, no imperfections, and a warranty. On top of that, by the time it's paid off it will still have fewer miles on it than my current car does. I'm also out of ideas with my current car. What would you do CT?

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.

Last edited by RGHoskins; 12-13-2012 at 11:14 AM.
RGHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:00 AM   #2
warriorchief
CT's 2x Favorite Tiger

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Favorite Non Gamecock Poster 
CockyCash: 1048000
warriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot material
Default Re: Thinking about a new ride.

you get the new Mustang, I'm your guy to help mod it. and you know that, haha

warriorchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:00 AM   #3
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

Buy a Sedan or Minivan because getting the kids out of either of those cars would suck. But in your case get what you want now because one day you may have the logistical problems I've listed above and the minivan will be what you trade your sporty car in on. Good Luck either way, I don't think you can go wrong.

COCKDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:01 AM   #4
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

CockyCash: 7461220
bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material

Get a 5.0
Old 12-13-2012, 12:04 AM   #5
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorchief View Post
you get the new Mustang, I'm your guy to help mod it. and you know that, haha
The damn V6 has 305 hp dude! Shit! My car's a little faster, but nothing a little Bassani exhaust, 3.73, intake and tune won't fix. And honestly there's nothing tasteful I can do to the outside of my car I haven't already done, outside of restore it.

- Rick H-

Old 12-13-2012, 12:04 AM   #6
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdawg77 View Post
Get a 5.0
lol, would love to. Not an option.

- Rick H-

Old 12-13-2012, 12:07 AM   #7
warriorchief
CT's 2x Favorite Tiger

Male

warriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGHoskins View Post
The damn V6 has 305 hp dude! Shit! My car's a little faster, but nothing a little Bassani exhaust, 3.73, intake and tune won't fix. And honestly there's nothing tasteful I can do to the outside of my car I haven't already done, outside of restore it.
full exhaust, AirRaid Cold-Air, 3.73s, control arms, lower it, nice wheels with some NT555's on it, then wrap it all up with a 93+ tune... you're gonna be scooting like a champ

Old 12-13-2012, 12:11 AM   #8
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

Quote:
full exhaust, AirRaid Cold-Air, 3.73s, control arms, lower it, nice wheels with some NT555's on it, then wrap it all up with a 93+ tune... you're gonna be scooting like a champ
13 oh's and get me to work in comfort everyday and I'll call it a wrap. My current car is damn close, but it's so far from being perfect. Plus, I've had Mustangs (as you know) and I've had new cars, but I've never owned a new Mustang. I'm loving Kona Blue.

- Rick H-

Old 12-13-2012, 12:15 AM   #9
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 25308312
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

I drive an '09 Mustang GT and it's a really fun car. Though I'm not sure how similar the '13 models are to it. If you get a mustang you'll have to give a review
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:15 AM   #10
warriorchief
CT's 2x Favorite Tiger

Male

Quote:
13 oh's and get me to work in comfort everyday and I'll call it a wrap. My current car is damn close, but it's so far from being perfect. Plus, I've had Mustangs (as you know) and I've had new cars, but I've never owned a new Mustang. I'm loving Kona Blue.
KB is a sexy color. I do love Ford's response to 'Synergy Green' too though. 'Gotta Have It Green' or something like that I think?

Old 12-13-2012, 12:18 AM   #11
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

Quote:
KB is a sexy color. I do love Ford's response to 'Synergy Green' too though. 'Gotta Have It Green' or something like that I think?
That's what it's called. Not my style, lol.

- Rick H-

Old 12-13-2012, 12:20 AM   #12
OLDCHARLESTONIAN
African Tater Game Hunter

Male

CockyCash: 200
OLDCHARLESTONIAN is sharpening his clawsOLDCHARLESTONIAN is sharpening his clawsOLDCHARLESTONIAN is sharpening his clawsOLDCHARLESTONIAN is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post
Buy a Sedan or Minivan because getting the kids out of either of those cars would suck. But in your case get what you want now because one day you may have the logistical problems I've listed above and the minivan will be what you trade your sporty car in on. Good Luck either way, I don't think you can go wrong.
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S. That is what my wife will drive my kids around.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:21 AM   #13
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.101 View Post
I drive an '09 Mustang GT and it's a really fun car. Though I'm not sure how similar the '13 models are to it. If you get a mustang you'll have to give a review
Awesome car. I sold new ones in 05 and 06 (same car). Basically, the new V6 has about the same hp as an already fast car with a little less torque, but a little less weight. A 2010 GT and an 11-13 V6 is virtually a door to door race.

- Rick H-

Old 12-13-2012, 12:36 AM   #14
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

real men drive trucks.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:37 AM   #15
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
real men drive trucks.
Real men that have absolutely no need for hauling garage sale treasures haul ass.

- Rick H-

Old 12-13-2012, 12:46 AM   #16
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Real men that have absolutely no need for hauling garage sale treasures haul ass.
Nah, just busting your balls. I really do think there is no better vehicle than a truck; but you do have a point with everyone and their mom suddenly needing you to haul or move stuff for them once you own a truck.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:48 AM   #17
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
Nah, just busting your balls. I really do think there is no better vehicle than a truck; but you do have a point with everyone and their mom suddenly needing you to haul or move stuff for them once you own a truck.
I had a powerstroke F250 as a demo back in 06. I learned 2 things. 1) That thing was AWESOME! 2) I have absolutely no justifiable reason to own such a vehicle.

- Rick H-

Old 12-13-2012, 12:54 AM   #18
uscfan1
Storyteller

Male

uscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot material

Went from a 4x4 Tahoe to a 2010 mustang gt, loaded with full flowmaster exhaust and loved it. Traded it for a silverado z-71 4x4 vortex max(6.0 litre) Ltz. Loved the car but had to go back to the truck. If I could have both, I would have but if I have to choose...truck wins.....plus it's a vortex max so I can get somewhere quick if I need to.lol
uscfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:57 AM   #19
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfan1 View Post
Went from a 4x4 Tahoe to a 2010 mustang gt, loaded with full flowmaster exhaust and loved it. Traded it for a silverado z-71 4x4 vortex max(6.0 litre) Ltz. Loved the car but had to go back to the truck. If I could have both, I would have but if I have to choose...truck wins.....plus it's a vortex max so I can get somewhere quick if I need to.lol
Cool ass ride but I have literally no use for a pickup. I currently drive a car daily that doesn't have a trunk.

- Rick H-

Old 12-13-2012, 01:05 AM   #20
uscfan1
Storyteller

Male

uscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Cool ass ride but I have literally no use for a pickup. I currently drive a car daily that doesn't have a trunk.
Where do you put dead bodies. Priorities man...but really can't go wrong with a mustang IMO. The shaker systems in them are pretty good so you reallywont have to upgrade that. It always annoyed me have to the trunk of whatever I was driving stuffed with speakers. Sold the tahoe and was like...eff it...just left the system in the back. I don't even think I told the dude so he was probably like...JACKPOT when he opened the back.lol
uscfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote