CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > High School Sports

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
spareparts
Spurticus
Acockolypse Now
COCKYTALKIN
sporkgod50
Lonnie
BiggerLSUfan
The Yancey
WeStill0wnUSC
USCBASEBALL1
Gamecocks (-10.5) vs (1026)
Ranking the Opposing (703)
Not a Rival.. (530)
Gamecock Coaches as (506)
help with army insig (393)
NCAA Football 15 (241)
COCKYTALK ONE HIT WO (224)
I'm a grand godfathe (221)
George Miller revisi (170)
COCKYTALK ONE HIT WO (153)
Marching band
Ranking the Opposing Fanb
NCAA Football 15
Section 16
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
2015 - Mon Denson
Good Article for those co
Hello Gamecocks!
Muschamp + fan = win
2014-15 Premier League se

Old 12-08-2012, 02:52 PM   #21
espn4lyf
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10136
espn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot materialespn4lyf is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tramel Terry Mr. Football 2012

im not here to get anyone upset and i respect jaycee and his opinion but i also believe Mike Williams is a better prospect but thats just my opinion no disrespect intended jaycee
Old 12-08-2012, 03:08 PM   #22
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornCocky'86 View Post
Def over hyped but I think he is the best player in the state. Congrats dude
I can't understand logic behind some of this stuff......the only hype I ever saw of Terry was that he was hyped as being the best player in the state this year....awards such as what he just won are "hype" in and of themselves, but it's also the best indicator we got that he merited his hype, isn't it?
Old 12-08-2012, 03:39 PM   #23
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

CockyCash: 283
BornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPit

^
I meant recruiting wise. Really tho I could care less, I dont know him but if he's not a Gamecock then, whatever....
"I think maybe we should just sit here quietly now and not say anything, and let you just kinda contemplate on the news I just dropped on you, and let me just kinda contemplate on my own pain and sorrows right now."

Kenny Powers
BornCocky'86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:04 PM   #24
jayceecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 573
jayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by espn4lyf View Post
im not here to get anyone upset and i respect jaycee and his opinion but i also believe Mike Williams is a better prospect but thats just my opinion no disrespect intended jaycee
And I agree with you. I think Mike has excellent potential and was very impressive at The Showcase. Of all the guys we missed, I think Mike would of helped us greatly on offense.

I started a post congratulating a kid for winning Mr Football and it turns into personal attacks. Thats bullshit.
jayceecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #25
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Dude, It's a Gamecock board and he's an instate kid that committed elsewhere... one of our rivals nonetheless... what do you expect...
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #26
gin house
Blue Chip

Male

gin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his comb

Congrats to the kid. Really baffles me how youd rather go play for a bunch of strangers in a hick town that absolutely sucks. I could understand staying instate and going to Clemson over us but to go play for the likes of UGA........Always overated and always underachieving.......Could be a good fit there? Im sure hes very good but id rather watch paint dry than watch him at UGA. Traitor comes to mind when i hear the name. Thank God there are/were some really talented South Carolina kids who want to respresent their home state. My hatrid for UGA knows no bounds.
gin house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #27
4Ever2Thee
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2940
4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggernautCock View Post
Good for him. Guess there goes the streak of Mr. Football guys here.
Had to end sometime
4Ever2Thee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:29 PM   #28
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggernautCock View Post
Good for him. Guess there goes the streak of Mr. Football guys here.
It was gonna end eventually. Thankfully Clowney was part of the streak. Akia Booker is better in my opinion but I am a homer. Booker's grades hurt him in not winning. I wish we could get Booker but don't see it happening.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:41 PM   #29
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceecock View Post
Not arguing, but since when does academics play into the selection of Mr Football? If that was the case he should of never been selected a finalist.
Take it a step further, I think kids that aren't getting it done in the classroom should be selected for post season awards (Gatorade POY, Mr Football, etc), Shrine Bowl, North-South and other high school all-star games.
It certainly play a factor regardless if we think it's right or wrong. Always has. You can ask around to virtually anyone familiar with this and they will confirm it for you.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:03 PM   #30
ra742002
Game MVP

Male

ra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPit

My post had nothing to do with where he will play cfb, I just think there r better players in state.

ra742002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:23 PM   #31
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
And I agree with you. I think Mike has excellent potential and was very impressive at The Showcase. Of all the guys we missed, I think Mike would of helped us greatly on offense.

I started a post congratulating a kid for winning Mr Football and it turns into personal attacks. Thats bullshit.
Yeah, maybe a UGA board would be more enthused. Not sure what you expect from a kid who's seemingly went out of his way to diss Carolina.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:39 AM   #32
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Akia Booker would have certainly took the trophy home if not for academics. I also have heard USC will help place him in JUCO tho we will not sign him due to it counting against our numbers.
Did he not commit to uga also?
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:55 AM   #33
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

CockyCash: 7461220
bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Chicken View Post
Did he not commit to uga also?
Booker? No his only offer is Tennessee
Old 12-10-2012, 12:03 PM   #34
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdawg77 View Post
Booker? No his only offer is Tennessee
Ok, thanks. Thought I saw in another thread that he did
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:35 AM   #35
jayceecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 573
jayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPitjayceecock rules the CockPit

From Rivals:

TUESDAY'S SHRINE BOWL TOP PERFORMERS
ATH Tramel Terry, Goose Creek (S.C.)
Just like he has done during his high school career, Terry was used all over the field on Tuesday. Whether it was taking a fly sweep, catching a pass out of the backfield, Terry was going and near-full speed. He's great in space and also catches anything his vicinity and has been far and away the best player on the South Carolina squad through the first two days of practice.
jayceecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:01 AM   #36
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
From Rivals:

TUESDAY'S SHRINE BOWL TOP PERFORMERS
ATH Tramel Terry, Goose Creek (S.C.)
Just like he has done during his high school career, Terry was used all over the field on Tuesday. Whether it was taking a fly sweep, catching a pass out of the backfield, Terry was going and near-full speed. He's great in space and also catches anything his vicinity and has been far and away the best player on the South Carolina squad through the first two days of practice.
Cool!!! As everyone has said, this is one of the weaker years for SC top talent. As I've said in other posts I just don't see him being a big time player for them.. Georgia has an entire team of skill players with his talent and size (or lack thereof)

Old 12-13-2012, 12:34 AM   #37
OLDCHARLESTONIAN
African Tater Game Hunter

Male

OLDCHARLESTONIAN is sharpening his clawsOLDCHARLESTONIAN is sharpening his clawsOLDCHARLESTONIAN is sharpening his clawsOLDCHARLESTONIAN is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
Dude, It's a Gamecock board and he's an instate kid that committed elsewhere... one of our rivals nonetheless... what do you expect...
According to how our current world works, everyone deserves a trophy and a pat on the back. And if you don't give out trophies or give pats on the back, that is highly offensive.

Tramel Terry is a heck of a player. A hell of a lot better than I would be if I played ball. He also is Mr. Football 2013 but most importantly, not a future Gamecock. So I do not share your love of the kid.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:43 PM   #38
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Tore his knee up, huh?
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:53 PM   #39
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
Tore his knee up, huh?
Yea there is nothing official but he was on the local news saying that it was his ACL.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:54 PM   #40
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4ever View Post
It was gonna end eventually. Thankfully Clowney was part of the streak. Akia Booker is better in my opinion but I am a homer. Booker's grades hurt him in not winning. I wish we could get Booker but don't see it happening.

Where is Booker headed? I watched him some over the past 2 years and he had the ability to copletely take over the game in HS.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote