CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Cockypantherfan
Regalcock
SCohioBoy
WeStillOwnUSC
gadeneer1986
PageUSC
ACPhilson
The Yancey
l^l^lBGCock
Mizzou's 30sec touch (1194)
4th & 1 Play (1153)
Kentucky prediction (1000)
Just Booked my Hotel (895)
So What? (539)
Bad Week For Upstate (406)
Best position coach (370)
Jeopardy: USC and th (353)
Travis Bell's Photos (300)
No Smoking at UGA Ga (232)
The New Idea That'll Fix
Really excited to visit t
400 pasing yards
Cleaned up version: SEC E
Best position coach or co
QB Recruiting Strategy
So What?
4th & 1 Play
Kentucky prediction
What fish do you eat

Old 12-13-2012, 01:28 AM   #61
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default Re: Marcus Lattimore Appreciation Thread

Words can't express how much Marcus means to all of us individually or to the school as a whole.

Even in his limited career he was the greatest ambassador we've ever had.

A class young man, the type that doesn't come along too often.

My favorite Marcus story is the one about some of the guys on our team that broke the rules and were running steps as punishment early one morning. As they showed up, Marcus was there to run with them. They asked him why he was there since he hadn't broken any rules and he replied, "I'm here because you're here."

That man is a born leader.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:35 AM   #62
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default Re: What are your favorite Marcus Lattimore moments?

This one (fast forward to 1:26)

Old 12-13-2012, 02:46 AM   #63
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
This one (fast forward to 1:26)

Bingo. He got them Sandstorming in a church. I mean, come on. No one's beating that.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:50 AM   #64
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material

Georgia freshman year is the best a close second would be him knocking ace out of his shoe during the georgia game this year!!!
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:15 AM   #65
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

My first favorite Lattimore moment was when he announced he was coming to South Carolina.

The 2nd fave is when he ran all over Georgia the last 3 years. Sweet.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #66
WestAshleyCock
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
WestAshleyCock has hatched from the shell

I think it was Georgia his freshman year. Down on the goal line and the took the ball up the middle and as he was getting up he came up with an upper cut with his palm right the the bottom of a Dawgs facemask. You could see the shock in the dawgs eyes and Marcus just stared at him for a second. Only time I ever saw Marcus retaliate against somebody. Must have been doing something the whole game the finally made Marcus say ENOUGH!.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from
time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."
-Thomas Jefferson
WestAshleyCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:34 AM   #67
cockyness11
Blue Chip

Male

cockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudly

I think my favorite moment of Marcus (in a game type situation) was his freshmen yr at the swamp, when him and Garcia was doing the gator chomp on the sidelines with a minute left in the game!! We just won the East only because he put us on his back and carried us for the win that game!!! He would be the last one to taunt someone like that, but you could tell that the emotion got the better of him that night and it was well deserved..

For my favorite moment where I saw the integrity and the phenomenal character this young man possessed; He was scheduled to come to my son's class October 18th of last year to speak to them of the importance of education etc etc... That was the Tuesday after the Mississippi State game and my son was so excited because Marcus is his favorite player. So that sunday after the game I explained to my son that Marcus might not be coming that
Tuesday because he got hurt and that he needs every bit of his spare time for him to get better... Of course my son was devestated and he kept saying over and over again, "that he needed to see Marcus because he wanted to kiss his Booboo to make it better" haha...See, my son has Autism so when he is excited about something he gets stuck on that one thing and it is hard for him to move on!!! Anyways, so that Tuesday came around and while my son's class was going, they got a surprise phone call.. It was Marcus calling to tell them that he was sorry that he couldn't make it to their school and that when he got back to South Carolina that he would stop in to see them... Sure enough, the next week he came to their class, crutches and all... I mean, name one person that would be going though what he was going through and stop everything, just so he could make sure that these kids understood that he was thinking about them and he didn't forget about em... That is just, the most unselfish thing I had ever seen someone do.. I was a lost for words and if you knew me that doesn't happen quite often.. hahaha

Last edited by cockyness11; 12-13-2012 at 10:11 AM.
cockyness11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:41 AM   #68
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

I like the time he just handed the ref the ball after scoring a TD. Remember that one?
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:15 AM   #69
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangesucks View Post
The run he had in the swamp where he went for about 20' then the o-line came and boosted him another 3 or 4 for the TD
That's mine because it almost epitomized what that team was...the entire team was pushing Marcus forward and willed us to win the east.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:19 AM   #70
gsmith4776
4-Star

Male

gsmith4776 is developing his combgsmith4776 is developing his combgsmith4776 is developing his combgsmith4776 is developing his combgsmith4776 is developing his combgsmith4776 is developing his combgsmith4776 is developing his combgsmith4776 is developing his comb

Remember the time Marcus showed up at halftime and the mud dogs won the bourbon bowl, do ya

But really, mine was third and 11. First drive against UGA his fr yr. we handed of to Marcus and he took it twelve yards for a first down.
To me, that single play is when the team turned the corner and we knew he was special. Gonna miss that kid
gsmith4776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #71
5150harley
Sandlapper Pools

Male

5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material

His first touchdown against Vanderbilt after he came back from his first surgery. Just seeing him run again was special for me.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:37 AM   #72
Jethro Beaver
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 355
Jethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPit

That my friends is a standing ovation for one of the greatest Gamecocks to ever wear the battle gear of a Gamecock Warrior. By forever setting the bar of what it means to be A Student, A Football player, A Leader, A Teammate, A University Ambassador, and A Hero to all-young and old. Marcus, I'm sure I speak for a lot of people by saying that you are an inspiration to us all. Thank you so much for the example that you lead by. Not only to The University of South Carolina but to all over the Country. I can't imagine the pain that you have been through both physically and mentally, but what ever happens I know you can turn the Pain to Gain!!! See you on Sunday's!! As you were to us, FOREVER TO THEE.

PAIN TO GAIN 2014!!!!

Last edited by Jethro Beaver; 12-13-2012 at 10:45 AM. Reason: .
Jethro Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:51 AM   #73
dapheet
4-Star

Male

dapheet has feathers coming indapheet has feathers coming indapheet has feathers coming in

I'm ready for a new favorite NFL team. Marcus'. Retire the jersey.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:51 AM   #74
jcook84
Face Melter

Male

CockyCash: 2300
jcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
My favorite Marcus story is the one about some of the guys on our team that broke the rules and were running steps as punishment early one morning. As they showed up, Marcus was there to run with them. They asked him why he was there since he hadn't broken any rules and he replied, "I'm here because you're here."

That man is a born leader.
This story makes me tear up every time I think about it. Every time.

I think it's because we could live our entire lives and NEVER have the opportunity of knowing someone like this personally. It's literally like a story Paul would have written about Jesus 2,000 years ago.

Tebow + Manziel < Lattimore. True story.
jcook84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:03 PM   #75
dapheet
4-Star

Male

dapheet has feathers coming indapheet has feathers coming indapheet has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by d20636 View Post
4:49

my favorite play
Old 12-13-2012, 02:25 PM   #76
JohnnyB21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 720
JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150harley View Post
His first touchdown against Vanderbilt after he came back from his first surgery. Just seeing him run again was special for me.
Mine too. When he took it 30 yards my first thought "He's back!"

34-17 29-7 34-13 27-17 31-17

Coming for #6 next season!!!

154-71 in past 5 seasons against Clemson.
JohnnyB21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:49 PM   #77
Cockfucius
Blue Chip

Male

Cockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
The run he had in the swamp where he went for about 20' then the o-line came and boosted him another 3 or 4 for the TD
THIS! I was going to post this one after reading all of the other posts, but when I saw this post by OS I had to join in.

That particular carry and td is my favorite because of how TJ Johnson appeared to wrap his arms around a stuck and stood-up Marcus and pulled him along into the endzone as a couple of other guys pushed them. It was sort of like a big brother coming in and helping his little brother against the bullies. It showed the bond and connection his line had with him. That is all.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:57 PM   #78
Cheezy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1001240
Cheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Agree completely. The teamwork and determination in that play defined who Marcus Lattimore was as a player and a person.
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #79
Cockfucius
Blue Chip

Male

Cockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyle41386 View Post
Bingo. He got them Sandstorming in a church. I mean, come on. No one's beating that.
My family and I were traveling in Thailand when he announced. I watched the announcement live online and was surprised to find myself tearing up when he announced for us.

Same thing just happened when I watched this video.

Forever to thee, Marcus. Thanks for coming to Carolina. May God's deepest blessings be yours!
Old 12-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #80
MACXIMVS
mac'in aint easy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Avatar 
CockyCash: 12700
MACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot material

MACXIMVS is offline   Reply With Quote