CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
RGHoskins
uscGRAD04
smoovecock
Brad Lawing (1528)
Perspective on our g (1358)
Currently 2nd in att (970)
Alshon - Bose (835)
Ced Cooper (#18) sta (775)
How cool would it be (699)
**USC vs. UNC-Ashevi (519)
Carolina/Clemson gam (444)
Awesome time waster (401)
Garcia vs Clemson To (347)
Constant Updates on Watso
**USC vs. UNC-Asheville G
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
Where to watch in Arlingt
Garcia vs Clemson Tom
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
Currently 2nd in attendan
Brad Lawing
Alshon - Bose
Odell Becham Catch

Old 12-13-2012, 02:08 AM   #1
King_Cock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 700
King_Cock is sharpening his clawsKing_Cock is sharpening his clawsKing_Cock is sharpening his clawsKing_Cock is sharpening his claws
Default Tanner McEvoy

Not sure if this the right section or if this has been mentioned,
but I saw this on twitter & found it interesting because I thought I would never hear from the guy again.

RT @JoshatTheState: Familiar name RT @JonathanKMartin: Have confirmed the nations # 1 ranked JUCO QB Tanner McEvoy will visit West Virginia

Also this
"Just spoke with Arizona Western QB Tanner McEvoy. West Virginia official visit this weekend, Oregon next month. Blog coming."

And this
http://www.burntorangenation.com/rec...rkansas-oregon

His stats are within the link.

I know many may not care but hey it's something to talk about during the down period before the bowl.
King_Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:33 AM   #2
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tanner McEvoy

I was always a McEvoy fan and I think he had a huge upside. Would not surprise me if he doesn't do very well for a D-1 school next year.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:24 AM   #3
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Just wasn't meant to be for him here. Wish it could have worked out but oh well, W. Va. seems like a good fit for him.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:17 AM   #4
#7Clowney
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous

what's the relationship with USC?
#7Clowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:51 AM   #5
cockypirate
captain of this ship

Male

cockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talonscockypirate has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by #7Clowney View Post
what's the relationship with USC?
He was on the team

Time to nut up or shut up!!
Stay feisty, DIE HARD!!
cockypirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:20 AM   #6
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Is he a dual-threat QB?

I ask because he has interest from Oregon and West Virginia, who employ running QBs in Mariota and (now formerly) Geno Smith.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:31 AM   #7
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

We havent ever had a recruit who visited wva, tex and oregon. now we may have a former player commit to one..astounding.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:31 AM   #8
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Geno Smith is far from being a running QB.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:32 AM   #9
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

It's also obvious that Mangus has an eye for QB talent.

Makes me feel good about Nosovitch and Mitch

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 12-13-2012, 10:01 AM   #10
Coondog
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post

Completely agree. I have been chomping at the bit waiting to see Nosovitch this Spring. It's a real good sign when quality QB's leave do to depth at the position. I hope to see McEvoy light it up wherever he goes. I do think he would be a great fit at West Virginia.
Coondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:04 AM   #11
Emery
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coondog View Post
Completely agree. I have been chomping at the bit waiting to see Nosovitch this Spring. It's a real good sign when quality QB's leave do to depth at the position. I hope to see McEvoy light it up wherever he goes. I do think he would be a great fit at West Virginia.
That's an optimistic way to look at the situation...the other way is that the staff didn't recognize what they had in McEvoy. I will say that a player who quits after a year or so due to too much competition at a position isn't a player I want on the team.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:11 AM   #12
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1373
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coondog View Post
Me too! I am looking forward to seeing him play mainly because I heard stories about him putting the team on his back in high school, carrying them to state his junior year. He is a proven winner at the high school level, and has the competitive drive needed in a successful QB for the collegiate level.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:54 AM   #13
Kazak
4-Star

Male

Kazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPit

While McEvoy was here, I mentioned several times that I believed he had the highest upside of any QB we've ever had on a USC roster. 6-6 QBs with elite mobility and arm strength are extremely rare.

I'm not surprised at all by the recruiting battle that's going on now. If he finds himself in the right situation, he'll wind up in the NFL too. Physical specimens like McEvoy do not get ignored by scouts, and he would put up video game numbers at a school like West Virginia.
Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:58 AM   #14
HeadCockFan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

McEvoy's release looks awful in his college highlights. He does a 180 every time he releases it, and it's like a pitcher's windup. He would be a turnover risk in high level d-1 games because he slings the ball so wildly. He is an impressive runner though, and can really hurl a deep ball with time in the pocket. I'm talking 60 yard bombs on the money. I question his decision-making and ability to withstand speedy D-lines though. Kind of a tempting prospect, but I can see why Steve wanted to wait on him to develop. If McEvoy had stuck around and really improved his mechanics and decision making, we could've seen some crazy deep balls. Oh well, someone else's project now.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:59 AM   #15
Kazak
4-Star

Male

Kazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post
Is he a dual-threat QB?

I ask because he has interest from Oregon and West Virginia, who employ running QBs in Mariota and (now formerly) Geno Smith.
Yes. Big time. 6-6 and runs just a hair over 4.5 in the 40.
Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:08 PM   #16
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1185
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:

What's it say about the coaching though?
Old 12-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #17
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Quote:

True. Is mangus on recruiting restriction still or is he full bore again? I miss beamer but I'm glad GA is still here doing his thing.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #18
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
What's it say about the coaching though?
I don't know. We only have a small sample size.

Connor is 16-3 as a starter and when he is healthy, he is one of the better dual threat QBs in the country.

Dylan has made the most improvement from day 1 of any Spurrier QB at USC.

Old 12-13-2012, 02:03 PM   #19
JQ94
4-Star

Male

JQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talons

Mangus QB, Garcia and Shaw suffer with decision making.

Ive questioned Mangus coaching ability for a while...helluva recruiter

Garcia and Shaw dont appear to trust SOS system, Dylan seems to trust ig...results-Dylan looks lile a far better passer
I say this bc Shaw throws to receivers, Dylan throws to positions, a few tomes before the playrr even.makes a cut...vs man cvg thats damn hard to defend
Old 12-13-2012, 02:09 PM   #20
doc
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1160178
doc has earned his spursdoc has earned his spursdoc has earned his spursdoc has earned his spursdoc has earned his spursdoc has earned his spurs

Quote:
I don't know. We only have a small sample size.

Connor is 16-3 as a starter and when he is healthy, he is one of the better dual threat QBs in the country.

Dylan has made the most improvement from day 1 of any Spurrier QB at USC.
I would add a question also, would Tanner have the success he had this year without the training he got at South Carolina. I think not!
doc is offline   Reply With Quote