CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
ZenUSC
The Yancey
5lbYardcock
18IsTheMan
GH
conwaycock2
StormOfTalons
garnet_black215
ut_vols13
Gamecock football Lo (2135)
Shaw: Check Out This (1975)
Mike Davis "dou (1846)
Gamecocks D staff re (1262)
The Demise of the 3- (1049)
who thinks we need a (960)
Pirate Depth Chart (914)
Past SEC Champions w (659)
Reginald Bowens (629)
Why didn't Wes Green (530)
East Carolina Prediction
The Demise of the 3-4
Past SEC Champions who ha
What's your take on our a
Connor Shaw Browns
SOS Teleconference
Eastern Michigan's Concre
Mike Davis "doubtful
New app: South Carolina G
Pirate Depth Chart

Old 12-12-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly
Default Ticket Sales?

Does anyone know how well we are doing on our Outback ticket sales? I know the gamecocks got a lot of flack for not bringing so many people in 2008. Many other schools have their numbers posted, but I can't find ours!
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:47 PM   #2
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Ticket Sales?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBigSpur View Post
Does anyone know how well we are doing on our Outback ticket sales? I know the gamecocks got a lot of flack for not bringing so many people in 2008. Many other schools have their numbers posted, but I can't find ours!
wasnt that coming off a clemscum loss? this will be different.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:03 PM   #3
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 490
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
wasnt that coming off a clemscum loss? this will be different.
I am going but i kinda have a feeling we won't have that good of a showing. Reason is that we had real high expectations and they didn't pan out exactly as we had hoped. I beleive the perception is that we are in a worse bowl this year and had a better team than last year! That being said it was because the SEC was better as a whole (IMO) this year than last! I decided to get tickets last minute because i really like the opponent's history that we are facing(kinda the same story as last year)this year in our bowl! I still think we have a better turn out than FSU vs. NIU by far!
Old 12-12-2012, 08:52 PM   #4
uscfsu23
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPit

I read that we are at 8,200 right now via the university ticket sales.
uscfsu23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:56 PM   #5
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

I think we will have a good showing. I don't know of anyone disappointed with this bowl game. If people are disappointed with a 10-2 season with the two losses coming in two of the toughest places in the country to play in, to teams both ranked in the top 10 in the country, then they need their heads examined.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:59 PM   #6
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfsu23 View Post
I read that we are at 8,200 right now via the university ticket sales.
How many do we have to sell.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:52 PM   #7
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
How many do we have to sell.
We were allotted 12,000. Over half the people I have talked to went through the bowl/ticketmaster to get their tickets, so I expect at least 15-18,000 Carolina fans there...probably more.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:17 AM   #8
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

Ticket sales are fine. Garnet will overpower blue in Tampa.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #9
SwampFox
1st Team All-American

Male

SwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot material

I got mine on Ticketmaster yesterday, and is appears 75% of the sections are showing as sold out on that site. Now granted, a large allotment is reserved to the Gamecock Club, and I don't know where those stand.

I also checked Stubhub, and they have people trying to sell tickets in all sections. Some of the prices are inflated, which is illegal in Florida, while others are heavily discounted.

Scotland Forever

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.u...eum/index.html
SwampFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:16 PM   #10
SCCOOP
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 199334
SCCOOP is developing his combSCCOOP is developing his combSCCOOP is developing his combSCCOOP is developing his combSCCOOP is developing his combSCCOOP is developing his combSCCOOP is developing his combSCCOOP is developing his combSCCOOP is developing his combSCCOOP is developing his comb

Razorgator.com has good seats @ decent prices.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #11
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly

Only 7 sections on ticketmaster have seats available in them ! Don't know what that means . Just thought i would throw it out there!
Old 12-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #12
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Problem is that if you don't get your tix through USC then it doesn't count towards our mandatory allotment. Those sales and the associated hotel rooms are what we are required to meet and exceed.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #13
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Well that stinks, I know a guy that bought 9 but not through the GC b/c they could only give him 2.
trapper82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #14
lakemurraycock
Blue Chip

CockyCash: 357
lakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudly

You have to be a member of the outback bowl at different giving levels to get the better seats.

http://www.outbackbowl.com/tickets/packages.html

Last edited by lakemurraycock; 12-13-2012 at 05:53 PM. Reason: add link
lakemurraycock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:19 AM   #15
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

It's hard for the university to sell tickets when most people can buy more, sometimes at a lower price, from a secondary source.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:42 AM   #16
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Until the Gamecock Club realizes that most people know that they can get better tickets through ticketmaster and other reputable sources, ticket sales thru USC will suffer... And when you put a cap on many tickets a donor can get.... It's very counterproductive....
Old 12-14-2012, 08:49 AM   #17
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsandstorm85 View Post
It's hard for the university to sell tickets when most people can buy more, sometimes at a lower price, from a secondary source.
and usually better seats!
Old 12-14-2012, 09:00 AM   #18
treyno2722
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 918
treyno2722 is learning to pecktreyno2722 is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsandstorm85 View Post
Ticket sales are fine. Garnet will overpower blue in Tampa.
Garnet will not overpower blue in Tampa. Do you know how many people from Michigan come down here in the winter? I was at the 2008 Outback Bowl and the Iowa fans more than doubled Carolina fans. It was a pretty sad sight not only on the field but in the stands.
treyno2722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:09 AM   #19
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Yeah, a full scholly donor for 15 yrs should get more than 2. imo, it should be fcfs with a 4 ticket max. if a high donor complains then the university can just say " wer'e sorry but we didnt get your app inn time".
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:28 AM   #20
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by treyno2722 View Post
Garnet will not overpower blue in Tampa. Do you know how many people from Michigan come down here in the winter? I was at the 2008 Outback Bowl and the Iowa fans more than doubled Carolina fans. It was a pretty sad sight not only on the field but in the stands.
I was there and you are right . Iowa was representing their boys well. Maybe not double but they def. had more fans there! I don't see it being that bad this time!