CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
Thenardier
SanAntonioCock
Spurticus
Bobby Boucher
MACXIMVS
rdwylie
JerseyBird
COCKYWOOD
b381l
Sindarius Thornwell (976)
Chicago ND fan/SEC b (701)
Well gameday just go (500)
Happy Birthday, Coac (450)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (398)
Your most famous twi (331)
Unsung Hero (256)
South Carolina @ Aub (251)
Softball takes final (158)
Athlon Ranks the SEC (150)
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
Athlon Ranks the SEC's QB
17 Ridiculous Kitchen Gad
MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
Season Rankings Thread...
Sindarius Thornwell Draft
Connor Mitch
Burger Kings angry whoppe

Old 12-13-2012, 11:14 PM   #1
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material
Default 2012 Best Perfomances

Slow day. I've been thinking of this for a while. This will be mostly football. But some others mixed in as well.

1) Dylan Thompson Clemson.
Going into that game, hearing he was starting, I think we all got a lump in our throat. So he comes out and just blows them up. 23-41 310 yards. Dominated Clemson in the 2nd half. And had the biggest play of the year on a 3rd and 20 QB draw. Carolina wins 27-17

2) Clowney against Clemson
On a bad wheel, the best defensive player in college football, goes into the biggest rivalry game in it's history, and destroys the highest scoring offense in the country. 4.5 sacks. 7 tackles. Carolina wins 27-17

3) Shaw vs. Mizzou
Misses his first pass. Then hits 20 in a row. 20-21 249 yards and 2 TDs. Carolina wins 31-10

4) Jordan Montgomery vs. Arkansas in Omaha

Facing elimination in Omaha, true freshman Jordan Montgomery makes his 2nd postseason start after starting the game that sent Clemson home and clinched the regional. Ray Tanner sends Monty to the mound to face Arkansas who had beaten Carolina 3 days earlier. Montgomery tossed a gem. Blanked Arkansas over 8 shutout innings, allowing 3 hits, striking out 6. He turned it over to Matt Price who finished Arkansas off and Carolina won 2-0 to get within 1 game on the championship series.

5) Roth against Kent State

Coming off their first loss in Omaha in 2 years, Roth took the ball facing elimination and possibly his last start in a Gamecock uniform. Roth gave up 1 run in the second inning and took over. Roth saved the bullpen on the day of a doubleheader and went the distance. Complete game to send Kent State home. Carolina won 4-1.

This is just my opinion. Some of you may have more. Obviously DJ's game against Arky could have been in here. Rank em yourself.
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:59 PM   #2
Scootsbama
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Scootsbama has hatched from the shell
Default Re: 2012 Best Perfomances

Holmes against Oklahoma. No hitter through 7.
Scootsbama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:07 AM   #3
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootsbama View Post
Holmes against Oklahoma. No hitter through 7.
Think that was against Manhatten in the regional. But he was great against OU as well but got cut short due to the rain
Old 12-14-2012, 12:09 AM   #4
Scootsbama
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Scootsbama has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglegolf018 View Post
Think that was against Manhatten in the regional. But he was great against OU as well but got cut short due to the rain
You might be right. Either way, he was phenomenal in both those games.
Scootsbama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:17 AM   #5
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootsbama View Post
You might be right. Either way, he was phenomenal in both those games.
Yes he was. And had to be both games because the offense gave him nothing in both games.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:04 PM   #6
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglegolf018 View Post
Slow day. I've been thinking of this for a while. This will be mostly football. But some others mixed in as well.

1) Dylan Thompson Clemson.
Going into that game, hearing he was starting, I think we all got a lump in our throat. So he comes out and just blows them up. 23-41 310 yards. Dominated Clemson in the 2nd half. And had the biggest play of the year on a 3rd and 20 QB draw. Carolina wins 27-17

2) Clowney against Clemson
On a bad wheel, the best defensive player in college football, goes into the biggest rivalry game in it's history, and destroys the highest scoring offense in the country. 4.5 sacks. 7 tackles. Carolina wins 27-17

3) Shaw vs. Mizzou
Misses his first pass. Then hits 20 in a row. 20-21 249 yards and 2 TDs. Carolina wins 31-10

4) Jordan Montgomery vs. Arkansas in Omaha

Facing elimination in Omaha, true freshman Jordan Montgomery makes his 2nd postseason start after starting the game that sent Clemson home and clinched the regional. Ray Tanner sends Monty to the mound to face Arkansas who had beaten Carolina 3 days earlier. Montgomery tossed a gem. Blanked Arkansas over 8 shutout innings, allowing 3 hits, striking out 6. He turned it over to Matt Price who finished Arkansas off and Carolina won 2-0 to get within 1 game on the championship series.

5) Roth against Kent State

Coming off their first loss in Omaha in 2 years, Roth took the ball facing elimination and possibly his last start in a Gamecock uniform. Roth gave up 1 run in the second inning and took over. Roth saved the bullpen on the day of a doubleheader and went the distance. Complete game to send Kent State home. Carolina won 4-1.

This is just my opinion. Some of you may have more. Obviously DJ's game against Arky could have been in here. Rank em yourself.

I decided to fire up the dvr tonight and rewatch the Carolina Clemson game.

For some reason I remember you posting this and thought at the time that I should have gave you points.

I could be wrong but I think they said Clemson won 13 straight home games before we came in and kick their ass.

Well, have a good night.