CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
NineInchSpurs
WeStill0wnUSC
Badazcock
Pty23
rabid cock
markymark550
Goofyboy
2000grad
ZenUSC
gromweat
Well, as it turns ou (2529)
Luginbill says ECU s (2406)
What the heck is up (1908)
Next years RB situat (1713)
ECU fan here (1425)
So, Vanderbilt is ne (1365)
Davis dinged up agai (1227)
Freaky Coincidence o (1103)
Defensive stand-arou (964)
Quarles is a Colt! (731)
Davis dinged up again?
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
So, Vanderbilt is next
Well, as it turns out, we
Gamecocks 247 sports
New Photos by Travis Bell
For the love of God! -- P
Robin William's fakes dea
No Gurley near the goal l
What the heck is up with

Old 12-14-2012, 06:30 AM   #1
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

CockyCash: 500
snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material
Default My latest installment of past game updates...

for those who did NOT see my last update on the arkie game, i live on an island out in the middle of the pacific, and thus, don't get to actually see the games until they are shipped to me, much later. and for those who did comment before, i hope you will again as i enjoyed it a lot.

so i just received the clemscum game, and i have only watched one half so far, but had to come on here and make one comment.
for all of those posters making a big deal about dylan being the better qb,

YOU ALL ARE OUT OF YOUR FREAKING MINDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
all those saying dylan has the stronger arm, you're crazy!!!! he should have been intercepted on the throw to byrd, one hops almost all of the out routes, takes sacks with little mobility, and when he does run, he doesn't look even a third as good as connor does. he has shorted the ball to ellington and ace several times, and flat missed a wide open ace behind coverage in the endzone, and should have been intercepted on that one as well. whew! i just had to get that off of my chest. i've been watching this thing wondering what all the hoopla has been about, because i just don't see it.
and yes, i understand i haven't watched the second half yet, but i don't care if he looked like a heisman qb in the second, he looks terrible against a terrible defense in the first. i think he is a decent backup, but after seeing this with my own eyes, i think a lot of you guys owe conner shaw a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEE E
apology!!!!!!!
Old 12-14-2012, 08:26 AM   #2
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

CockyCash: 200
Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material
Default Re: My latest installment of past game updates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopcockycock View Post
for those who did NOT see my last update on the arkie game, i live on an island out in the middle of the pacific, and thus, don't get to actually see the games until they are shipped to me, much later. and for those who did comment before, i hope you will again as i enjoyed it a lot.

so i just received the clemscum game, and i have only watched one half so far, but had to come on here and make one comment.

all those saying dylan has the stronger arm, you're crazy!!!! he should have been intercepted on the throw to byrd, one hops almost all of the out routes, takes sacks with little mobility, and when he does run, he doesn't look even a third as good as connor does. he has shorted the ball to ellington and ace several times, and flat missed a wide open ace behind coverage in the endzone, and should have been intercepted on that one as well. whew! i just had to get that off of my chest. i've been watching this thing wondering what all the hoopla has been about, because i just don't see it.
and yes, i understand i haven't watched the second half yet, but i don't care if he looked like a heisman qb in the second, he looks terrible against a terrible defense in the first. i think he is a decent backup, but after seeing this with my own eyes, i think a lot of you guys owe conner shaw a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEE E
apology!!!!!!!
Opinions are fine and all, but you're COMPLETELY WRONG about Thompson not having a stronger arm. The fact that he short hops some throws doesn't mean he lacks strength. And the fact he underthrows receivers at times probably just means he misjudged the throw, but it still isn't an indicator of his arm strength. But look at the zip he puts on the ball. When he throws with confidence, the passes he doesn't try to put touch on get to the target much more quickly than if they had been thrown by Shaw.

As far as the overall QB debate is concerned, I still think the best QB we had on the roster never saw the field (for whatever reason) and is currently in junior college being recruited by other big schools, so I'm not pulling for Shaw vs Thompson or vice versa. I only wanted to chime in on the statement about Dylan's arm strength, because even Spurrier has said on occasion that Thompson is likely the best pure passer of all the QBs, and part of that has to concern arm strength.

Enjoy the second half!

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:27 AM   #3
SamAdamsCockyAle
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 583
SamAdamsCockyAle has feathers coming inSamAdamsCockyAle has feathers coming inSamAdamsCockyAle has feathers coming in

Well wait till you see the 2nd half.
SamAdamsCockyAle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:44 AM   #4
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 490
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly

Your mind will sway if not change after watching the rest of the game! And please remeber it is only Dylan's 2nd start and they were not back to back so he had no timing/rythm ((with his teamates)) like he would had he played with them every Saturday this season.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:47 AM   #5
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamAdamsCockyAle View Post
Well wait till you see the 2nd half.
well, i am now in the 4th quarter and thompson just threw an interception into the endzone, for what should be his sixth of the day if clemscum's db's could catch a cold...
i have watched him take sacks where he doesn't even try to escape, and when he does run, he doesn't look good doing it at all.
now, while i still think shaw should be the unquestionable starter, i have been in dylan's corner, just looking at the stats. but after watching him in this game, i CAN NOT see what anyone is making a big deal about. he has underthrown ace, ellington and jones time and time again. yes he has made a few plays, but from what i have seen, he looks pretty bad on most plays, but then will step up and make a decent play here and there. the clemscum defense is terrible, and yet he is still missing a lot of plays. granted i am only at the 12 minute mark of the 4th quarter, but i am flabbergasted at what i have seen so far. i was expecting superman when i put this game in, and i have been extremely disappointed.

oh, and don, i am watching dylan having to do some kind of little skip step to get zip on the ball, so it doesn't really look like he has a very strong arm to me.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:47 AM   #6
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly

Quote:

apology!!!!!!!
If you get the internet why don't you watch it live or on youtube even after the game. Why wait this long when you obviously have internet? Am i missing something? Please explain .... and enjoy the 2nd half! Clowney is a Beast! I might watch it again myself!
Old 12-14-2012, 09:44 AM   #7
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUGEGARNETCOCK View Post
If you get the internet why don't you watch it live or on youtube even after the game. Why wait this long when you obviously have internet? Am i missing something? Please explain .... and enjoy the 2nd half! Clowney is a Beast! I might watch it again myself!
it's ok huge, i understand how it could be hard for someone in the states to to get that, but the fact is that my internet here in the islands, is slower than my dialup internet in the 90's. when you're living on an island this remote, it's like going back in time. they don't have the tech. that developed countries have. hell, they've only had cell phones for the last five or six years. so trying to stream anything is impossible. it even takes forever to download pic's. and forget about trying to upload one.
anyway, i watched the rest of the second half, and while i was impressed with the twenty yard run by thompson, and the zip on his td pass to ellington, i was also less than impressed with his almost throwing another pic, and the coaches having to call two timeouts because he couldn't get the team lined up. i guess i was just expecting a lot more considering the fuss so many on here made. but after watching the full game, i understand clearly why sos is still on the shaw bandwagon. shaw is head and shoulders a much better qb than thompson. thompson has moxie, and i like his attitude and fire. but he also looks reckless and a lot like stephen garcia. if you go back and watch this game, thompson should have been intercepted SIX TIMES!!!!!!
my prediction is that, of course, shaw will remain the starter next year, and nos will pass thompson on the depth chart. then it will be a battle between nos and mitch after shaw leaves.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:54 AM   #8
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

Quote:
it's ok huge, i understand how it could be hard for someone in the states to to get that, but the fact is that my internet here in the islands, is slower than my dialup internet in the 90's. when you're living on an island this remote, it's like going back in time. they don't have the tech. that developed countries have. hell, they've only had cell phones for the last five or six years. so trying to stream anything is impossible. it even takes forever to download pic's. and forget about trying to upload one.
anyway, i watched the rest of the second half, and while i was impressed with the twenty yard run by thompson, and the zip on his td pass to ellington, i was also less than impressed with his almost throwing another pic, and the coaches having to call two timeouts because he couldn't get the team lined up. i guess i was just expecting a lot more considering the fuss so many on here made. but after watching the full game, i understand clearly why sos is still on the shaw bandwagon. shaw is head and shoulders a much better qb than thompson. thompson has moxie, and i like his attitude and fire. but he also looks reckless and a lot like stephen garcia. if you go back and watch this game, thompson should have been intercepted SIX TIMES!!!!!!
my prediction is that, of course, shaw will remain the starter next year, and nos will pass thompson on the depth chart. then it will be a battle between nos and mitch after shaw leaves.
I am looking forward to the Mitch era! Wish you could have been at the game this year ! The atmosphere was awesome( even though it was at Clemtech) .Being there and hereing all the crap from their side before the game and then seeing them crying in the streets after was sweet!
Old 12-14-2012, 09:56 AM   #9
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Old 12-14-2012, 10:01 AM   #10
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

You do know that the games are available on line don't you so you don't have to wait to be shipped games and wait for them. If you find them on youtube, watch the clemson game and you may think otherwise.
gamecock88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:12 AM   #11
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip

Male

gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007

Quote:
This is what i have been trying to get a lot of our fans to see. I am also a big Dylan fan...i like the kid...he has worked really hard to get to the 2 deep and is a great kid! He and Marcus and Nick Jones go around to different Churches and talk and i respect that more than anything! Being a big time college athlete and ignoring the temptations and instead staying grounded and staying close to the man upstairs...i commend these guys! But on the field...i am behind the best QB who is PROVEN to give us the best chance of winning...and the stats...teh facts...AND the eye test clearly shows that Connor is the best QB we have on the roster right now that gives us the best chance of winning! His arm strength is just as good as Dylans and his accuracy is FAR better. As i have stated numerous times on here...Connor does have faults...he needs to get the ball out quicker and throw it away some...and trust his WR's more...but i would rather him hold it a little longer to make sure it's a sure completion...than throw a pic. Like you were saying Snoop...Dylan had a few good games this year against HORRID defenses...and Clemson's secondary was probably the worse we played all year...and he should have been picked 6 times...that's not good. I think a lot of fans are let down with how Connor played against LSU and Florida...but even the heisman winner didn't play good against them either. I dont think a lot of fans realize how much a great defense dominates a good offense...or a good QB. I mean look what we did to clemson's "high flying offense"! LOL Sorry for the long rant...but wanted to get it all in there and wanted to once again explain my side on why Connor is the PROVEN better passer...and better QB! If Dylan shows he is better...i will eat my crow...and pull for him just as much as i have been Connor. Lastly...i too can't wait for Connor Mitch to get here...i think he is a special type of QB! Until then...i can't wait for Connor to heal up and come in next year 100% to show what he is capable of...and leads us to the SEC and possibly more!

Stay blessed and have a great weekend Gamecock family!

GO COCKS!!! BEAT MICHIGAN!!!

WIN ANYWAY!!

Last edited by gripitandripit2007; 12-14-2012 at 10:29 AM.
gripitandripit2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:49 AM   #12
jcook84
Face Melter

Male

CockyCash: 2300
jcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudly

Quote:
i think a lot of you guys owe conner shaw a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEE E
apology!!!!!!!
Who?

Almost 3,500 posts...seems like you'd have figured out how to spell his name by now.
jcook84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:52 AM   #13
Rh Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

Rh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:
shaw will remain the starter next year, and nos will pass thompson on the depth chart. then it will be a battle between nos and mitch after shaw leaves.
We shall see but Nos might make a push for starting time.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:57 AM   #14
eaddy1847
Gamecock Since 1976

Male

CockyCash: 800
eaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcook84 View Post
Who?

Almost 3,500 posts...seems like you'd have figured out how to spell his name by now.

LOL.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:33 PM   #15
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114508514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Dylan stood in the pocket tall and made the three slant throws that i am sure Connor would have taken off running on. The first td pass to bruce had way more velocity on it than shaw can muster. The last td pass to bruce was thrown almost flat footed and he was initially triple teamed but instead of taking off running dylan waited and came back to him. I don't think Connor would have ever even considered that throw.

Dylan got the first team reps the week before the game. He should have played in the wofford game insteas of connor limping all over willy brice that day. Dylan may get more consistent with more pt.

Ok, now i agree that Connor is the better qb if healthy but on the road at tatertech with the weight of the state and an island on him, Dylan went 21/32 for 300 yards. Not too bad to me.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:43 PM   #16
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
Dylan stood in the pocket tall and made the three slant throws that i am sure Connor would have taken off running on. The first td pass to bruce had way more velocity on it than shaw can muster. The last td pass to bruce was thrown almost flat footed and he was initially triple teamed but instead of taking off running dylan waited and came back to him. I don't think Connor would have ever even considered that throw.

Dylan got the first team reps the week before the game. He should have played in the wofford game insteas of connor limping all over willy brice that day. Dylan may get more consistent with more pt.

Ok, now i agree that Connor is the better qb if healthy but on the road at tatertech with the weight of the state and an island on him, Dylan went 21/32 for 300 yards. Not too bad to me.
Yeh im pretty sure the throw Dylan made while basically on his knees being tackled, to Ellington pretty much summed up that game. He can throw.
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:47 PM   #17
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 7700
2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post

What are you talking about??? He went 23/41 not 21/32.

To answer the OP, I think the stubborn Garcia lovers are the people blowing up our QB situation. Nice to have a guy like Dylan who can come in and make some plays for us if we need it instead of situations in the past when we would shuffle QB's trying to see if someone was hot that day because none of them were very good.
2four2Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:51 PM   #18
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2four2Gamecock View Post
What are you talking about??? He went 23/41 not 21/32.

To answer the OP, I think the stubborn Garcia lovers are the people blowing up our QB situation. Nice to have a guy like Dylan who can come in and make some plays for us if we need it instead of situations in the past when we would shuffle QB's trying to see if someone was hot that day because none of them were very good.
Yeh Stubborn Garcia lovers aye. LOL

At least he could pass for over 3000 yards in a season and get us to an SEC title game. Even when intoxicated half the time.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:57 PM   #19
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 7700
2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGamecock View Post
Yeh Stubborn Garcia lovers aye. LOL

At least he could pass for over 3000 yards in a season and get us to an SEC title game. Even when intoxicated half the time.
Yep, I think fans that loved Garcia have assigned some of the blame for his demise to Connor and it is a shame.
2four2Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:03 PM   #20
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2four2Gamecock View Post
Yep, I think fans that loved Garcia have assigned some of the blame for his demise to Connor and it is a shame.
Not really no, and honestly this thing has been hammered out enough, I really don't want to go there again.