CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
b381l
sporkgod50
RGHoskins
GoldenSpur7
ccured
robgusc76
ucan'tlickourcocks
Gyle41386
NJGCfan
Mangus now coaching (1826)
Can Tennessee get to (1259)
ESPN Article on HBC (988)
Connor Shaw: Atlanta (794)
2 Crazy things (759)
Spread vs. aTm (745)
Chick Redefines the (721)
Lindy's top 100 for (704)
Worse Hire Brad Scot (609)
The Bama series (503)
ESPN Article on HBC on on
Alabama @ South Carolina
Spread vs. aTm
Mangus now coaching TEs
Connor Shaw: Atlanta, Cle
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
2015 - Davon Durant

Old 12-14-2012, 06:53 PM   #1
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material
Default The Hobbit

How many are going to see this epic movie?
Old 12-14-2012, 06:56 PM   #2
Stonecoldcock
Starter

CockyCash: 20001160
Stonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot material
Default Re: The Hobbit

I actually just checked in here to see if there was a thread. My girlfriend and I are going tomorrow. I was curious to see other's impressions.
Stonecoldcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:08 PM   #3
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

I just downloaded the soundtrack for the Hobbit only listened to a couple tracks Howard Shore may have topped his LOTR work..
Old 12-14-2012, 07:11 PM   #4
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecoldcock View Post
I actually just checked in here to see if there was a thread. My girlfriend and I are going tomorrow. I was curious to see other's impressions.
If you are going to see the 3D version I read that when it premiered across the pond that people walked away nauseated from the rapid camera movement and the angles.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:24 PM   #5
Erik
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Erik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPit

I hate that they turned it into 3 films. I mean unlike the others, its just one book!
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:29 PM   #6
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
I hate that they turned it into 3 films. I mean unlike the others, its just one book!
This point makes me nervous that they may drag it out too much.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:44 PM   #7
GamecockNeal
American Gamecock....

Male

CockyCash: 3683
GamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot material

I was excited but now I doubt Ill see it in theaters. I think 3 movies is solely based on greed and I think they are going to be too slow. I guess Ill buy into 2 movies but three, no need.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:45 PM   #8
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
Two movies would have been perfect, there is a lot that happens in that book but three is just a bit much, even though I am not complaining. I think the 3rd is supposed to tie the time between Hobbit and the LOTR.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:46 PM   #9
thekob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Saw it in high school, hope the effects are better in the remake:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Hobbit-Ors.../dp/B00005MP59
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:48 PM   #10
riceatusc
Misses Old Cockytalk

Male

CockyCash: 300000000
riceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to riceatusc Send a message via MSN to riceatusc

Peter Jackson likes to get as much detail in as he can. I'm looking forward to seeing it, probably some time next weekend.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:56 PM   #11
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

Old 12-14-2012, 07:58 PM   #12
gamecockguy
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1300
gamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talons

Saw it at midnight last night in the RPX theater in Sandhills and was very impressed. Looked and sounded amazing.

And for those worried that 3 movies will make the story drag out, it wont. Jackson added a lot to the plot line from the appendices that Tolkien wrote to tie the hobbit in with LOTR
gamecockguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:13 PM   #13
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

CockyCash: 500
davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

From what I've read, critics' reviews have been mixed.

It is also 2 hours 46 min., I'm interested to see how they are able to spread a somewhat short book out into 3 nearly 3 hours movies.

I'm going to wait until it comes out on DVD.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:17 PM   #14
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

I posted a youtube video in the Movie Review thread of a compilation of vlogs Jackson has done over the past couple of years talking about how they have been filming and conceptualizing everything

it in itself is pretty entertaining to watch and really helped lessen my fears about it being three movies

as for me, I plan to see it tomorrow in Imax hopefully
Give a larbage, throw out your garbage.
Metalrush24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:25 PM   #15
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 25308312
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

I was going to see it tomorrow but I'm not sure if I can make it.

I am very anxious to see it, though.
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:29 PM   #16
ElTiger
Commander Cool

Male

CockyCash: 300
ElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot materialElTiger is USC mascot material

Going tonight to see it.

ElTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:38 PM   #17
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

http://www.deadline.com/2012/12/the-...december-mark/

Looks like the Hobbit is doing better than LOTR.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:38 PM   #18
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

Just saw it today. Pretty decent. I saw the 3d high frame rate version. I loved that part of it. I didn't feel sick or dizzy, or whatever people were complaining about. The resolution seemed fantastic, and the action was smooth. It really enhanced the 3d. If you get a chance, I recommend seeing it in the hfr 3d. It really added alot. Fantastic technology.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:27 PM   #19
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114893542
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Watched it in regular 3d. Thought it was really good.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:05 PM   #20
blockycocky
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 250
blockycocky has feathers coming inblockycocky has feathers coming inblockycocky has feathers coming in

I saw it last night i thought it was amazing. Totally recommend you to see it in the theaters.