CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
catdaddy66
Thenardier
spareparts
G&B
b381l
ertman420
usc1
robgusc76
Ericvol2096
Cockypantherfan
Ole Miss Projected R (796)
2001 vs Sandstorm (775)
Tennessee hires Donn (752)
Acock reviews the SE (655)
So who was the dude (636)
Sunday college footb (622)
Does anyone have a l (336)
Florida Georgia Line (257)
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (233)
Purple drank (203)
SEC Network "Take It
Does anyone have a link t
2001 vs Sandstorm
response from charter abo
Acock reviews the SEC Net
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
**USC vs. Davidson GAME T
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
2015 - D.J. Jones
Name a Gamecock

Old 12-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #41
OfficeLinebackerCock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1230
OfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudly
Default Re: Michigan fans view on matchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Michigan fans should hate South Carolina to their core.

After all, there's nothing but dumbasses from Ohio living in South Carolina anymore.

LOL!!!! There is a bit of truth to that statement.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:05 PM   #42
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobluejeff86 View Post
Hey all-as I'm reading through some of the posts on your board, it seems like a lot of you think Michigan fans aren't respecting you or are planning on an easy win. Nothing could be further from the truth. Most fans I've talked to think you will beat us fairly easily, for several reasons. The Big Ten was awful this year.
Our offense struggles against athletic defenses. Our defense isn't as good as our ratings might indicate, it has more to do with our slow tempo on offense.

Many of the people talking trash are those that our Sparty neighbors like to call "Wal-Mart Wolverines"-people who never attended the school, but buy the gear at Wal-Mart and talk about the team using "We" and "Us". Personally, I'm hoping for a competitive game, but believe we'd need several breaks, i.e. turnovers, to make that happen.

There is quite a bit of disdain for the SEC as a whole, based on things like oversigning and what is perceived as lots of corruption/improper benefits-we all assume that all of your schools are cheating, while ours don't. (Except for Ohio State, of course.) Whether it's truth or not, that's where it comes from. NOBODY has disdain for the quality of football you play, though...

My Brother is a big time Michigan fan & we had this discussion the other day. He points to Alabama and the way Saban over signs recruits (he is about as bad about it as they get). Also a couple of years ago when Houston Nutt signed 35 kids or something like that. Here is my answer.

Suck it up.... Why in the hell is a Michigan fan (my brother not you Jeff) complaining about recruiting in the SEC. Shit man you guys are ranked 5th in the nation right now in recruiting. The kids have to know that if they are one of 6 linebackers being recruited in this years class that the chance of ever playing for that team would be slim. They have to have their parents, their coaches, other coaches etc..... warning them that they may not make the roster.

Also, not even 2 years ago Slive decided to put a cap on recruits to stop the over signing stuff. I know that the Big 10 hates the SEC, no new news, and it is obvious, but equally an SEC team like ours could see Big 10 fans as being arrogant, whiny & spoiled. I can't tell you how many times I have had to hear about how freaking great the Rose Bowl is.

So here it is, either change your self imposed rules to match the SEC or quit bitching.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:23 AM   #43
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Hey all-as I'm reading through some of the posts on your board, it seems like a lot of you think Michigan fans aren't respecting you or are planning on an easy win. Nothing could be further from the truth. Most fans I've talked to think you will beat us fairly easily, for several reasons. The Big Ten was awful this year.
Our offense struggles against athletic defenses. Our defense isn't as good as our ratings might indicate, it has more to do with our slow tempo on offense.

Many of the people talking trash are those that our Sparty neighbors like to call "Wal-Mart Wolverines"-people who never attended the school, but buy the gear at Wal-Mart and talk about the team using "We" and "Us". Personally, I'm hoping for a competitive game, but believe we'd need several breaks, i.e. turnovers, to make that happen.

There is quite a bit of disdain for the SEC as a whole, based on things like oversigning and what is perceived as lots of corruption/improper benefits-we all assume that all of your schools are cheating, while ours don't. (Except for Ohio State, of course.) Whether it's truth or not, that's where it comes from. NOBODY has disdain for the quality of football you play, though...
Most people up there also think the majority of people in South Carolina are racist rednecks. Just because a bunch of idiots believe something to be true does not make it so.

Quote:
There was a thread on one of our boards where people were talking about whether we could sign 24 or 25 next year, would there be more attrition, what the scholarship and offer limits were-and someone posted as Nick Saban's brain, wondering things like "What are these limits they are speaking of?" and ended with him going off to sign his 60th and 61st recruit of the class. I believe in the Big 10 we can only sign 25 a year regardless-I know a couple SEC teams already have 30 or 31 commits for next year. What's your limit?

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:21 PM   #44
Copperhead
Fight, Win, Kick Ass

Male

CockyCash: 960
Copperhead has earned his spursCopperhead has earned his spursCopperhead has earned his spursCopperhead has earned his spursCopperhead has earned his spursCopperhead has earned his spurs

Quote:

Nice post. At least Michigan and South Carolians have one thing in common......dislike for ohio st (well, at least the state)
http://gobacktoohio.com/
or
http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/charleston/ohioans-have-invaded-the-lowcountry-and-some-folks-wish-they-would-leave/Content?oi=1946300d

Gotta love it
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:39 PM   #45
4Ever2Thee
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2940
4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit

I like the term "wal Mart wolverines" and it really describes most of our friends from Pickens too, "target tigers" maybe?
4Ever2Thee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:22 PM   #46
thekob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Ever2Thee View Post
I like the term "wal Mart wolverines" and it really describes most of our friends from Pickens too, "target tigers" maybe?
Target is too classy. Citgo Clemsonites.
thekob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:59 PM   #47
Who
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 909259
Who is sharpening his clawsWho is sharpening his clawsWho is sharpening his clawsWho is sharpening his claws

I go to school in Pittsburgh and there's a lot of Michigan fans up here. Most are alums, but some aren't. Like most B1G fans, they absolutely hate the SEC. Most admit that they'll probably lose this game though and blame the OC. What worries me is that Michigan has more to play for; Beating a top-ten SEC team would give Michigan and the B1G a lot of cred. Michigan is a big name, but I'm not sure that alone will help motivate our guys.

You think Hoke will let Lewan go one-on-one with Clowney?
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:10 PM   #48
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 24590296
COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
I go to school in Pittsburgh and there's a lot of Michigan fans up here. Most are alums, but some aren't. Like most B1G fans, they absolutely hate the SEC. Most admit that they'll probably lose this game though and blame the OC. What worries me is that Michigan has more to play for; Beating a top-ten SEC team would give Michigan and the B1G a lot of cred. Michigan is a big name, but I'm not sure that alone will help motivate our guys.

You think Hoke will let Lewan go one-on-one with Clowney?
If Hoke is the OC, then I would definitely blame him for that mistake.
COCKYTALKIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:08 PM   #49
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

Michigan has sold more bowl tickets than we have. They are excited.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:09 PM   #50
Wiz Khalifa
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Wiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudly

please let that LT go one-on-one with Clowney!!!!
Old 12-14-2012, 10:06 PM   #51
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

I do pull for Michigan and have no problem with them. However, this New years, this will not be the case!!

But thanks for a nice post. Excited to see us play a historically rich team. Yall (You guys for the Michigan people..damn yankees lol jk), aren't like it used to be but still well respected. Looking forward to a great game!

Oh, and don't worry, I hate Ohio St too!!

*oh, and i like the "wal mart wolverine" term! hahaha
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:05 AM   #52
Pastatroy
Walk On

Male

Pastatroy is learning to peckPastatroy is learning to peck

I met ALOT of people from ohio while at basic training. only liked one lol
Pastatroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:06 AM   #53
ThrustingCock
Walk On

Male

ThrustingCock has earned his spursThrustingCock has earned his spursThrustingCock has earned his spursThrustingCock has earned his spursThrustingCock has earned his spursThrustingCock has earned his spurs

really dont mind michigan but this new yrs will be a different story
ThrustingCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:08 AM   #54
ThrustingCock
Walk On

Male

ThrustingCock has earned his spursThrustingCock has earned his spursThrustingCock has earned his spursThrustingCock has earned his spursThrustingCock has earned his spursThrustingCock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekob View Post
Target is too classy. Citgo Clemsonites.
Thats a classic
I was gonna say the Texaco Tigers but i like this one
ThrustingCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:09 PM   #55
323Bantam
Recruit

Male

323Bantam has hatched from the shell
Default Michigan fans dont seem very thrilled.

Noticing on the Michigan boards there is very little talk about the game at all. One Michigan fan said they were less than thrilled about the Outback. Interesting.
323Bantam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:13 PM   #56
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's

Male

CockyCash: 600
cocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPit
Default Re: Michigan fans dont seem very thrilled.

Their ambivalence is understandable considering that many "Go Blue" folk thought they would be a factor in this year's National Championship race.

Technically, I guess they were a factor. They helped jump start Alabama's season in that beat-down at "Jerry's World" in week 1.

ďOf course, itís a bit of a jump, isnít it? I mean, erÖ chartered accountancy to lion taming in one go. You donít think it might be better if you worked your way towards lion taming, say via banking or insurance?"
cocknblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:22 PM   #57
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

I think they've sold more tickets than we have, and we're a heck of a lot closer to Florida than they are. There must be some interest.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:37 PM   #58
wshell
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 31680
wshell has earned his spurswshell has earned his spurswshell has earned his spurswshell has earned his spurswshell has earned his spurswshell has earned his spurswshell has earned his spurs
Default Re: Michigan fans' view on matchup

Costco Clemson fans
wshell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:55 PM   #59
Cockyhard
Blue Chip

Male

Cockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz Khalifa View Post
please let that LT go one-on-one with Clowney!!!!
lol... that would be a disaster for Mich...

Is football season here yet???
Cockyhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:48 PM   #60
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockymac View Post
I think they've sold more tickets than we have, and we're a heck of a lot closer to Florida than they are. There must be some interest.
They do have a massive fan base.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote